Biofoam/Jelly material discovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is intriguing. The trick would be integrating an antibiotic and a coagulant into the gel. Also, it could be compressed into aerosol cans easily enough, like the gel shaving creams.

well now it about time someone found out how to make bio-foam i guess it's better late then never. next thing you know they'll have a project ORION runing somewhere.

quickclot gauss works the same way. It's basically a coagulant gel soaked gauss pad that can be stuffed into wounds. Modern military kits carry them. We stopped using the quickclot powder since it cauterizes the wound site, causing further damage.

I was thinking of practical applications for this and as they mention sealing wounds what if you got some in your blood stream? I have no knowledge of this kinda thing but if it did there would be no cooling it down, heart attack?

Ahh ha! Yes only a couple more years ( 500 ) till we can cure cancer! Ill laugth if the first recipient of this bio-foam is called Romeo and was attacked by a monkey with a hammer.

what if you got some in your blood stream? I have no knowledge of this kinda thing but if it did there would be no cooling it down, heart attack?

It seems to me that it would gel too quickly to get too far into your blood stream, since your blood is pretty warm, but I could be wrong. Most likely, if it's covering an artery or large enough vein and it did manage to get into the vein rather than cover the damaged area, it's a pretty serious wound and you're in trouble anyway and the gel is applied as a means to keep you from bleeding to death until you can get in for some major surgery. Halo's biofoam works the same way, the foam is meant simply to keep you alive and going until you can get to a medical facility.

well now it about time someone found out how to make bio-foam i guess it's better late then never. next thing you know they'll have a project ORION runing somewhere.

well..... couple years ago I was digging through the EMW (electromagnetic warfare) resources for photonic isolation graphs, and stumbled across a non classified blueprint for something just like that (Orion Project) made by a GE scientist in something like '78. Couple years ago a buddy from USASOC swore there was already a more advanced polymer than the one carpathiavh99 posted about being utilized by spooks in the field. So not to bring this discussion into the 'tinfoil hat zone', but there is far more #%^! floating around out there already than I even want to consider.. Meh.. good find though. Getting back to the topic there would have to be a neutralization factor within the blood itself, to mitigate the reaction.. wouldn't want to clott up the entire bloodstream lol x)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dissolving stitches are made of a plastic called polyglycolide which is biodegradable. I imagine biofoam can have this ingredient in it too.

perhaps, though stitches would have sooo much smaller absorption rate into the blood than biofoam. you do raise an interesting point though, gonna have the medics run a search tomorrow for polyglycolide x) will post results

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back