[Central] Moldmaking for newbies

Status
Not open for further replies.
okay, so i've read most of the thread and have noticed, this is mainly about molding clay, and the problem i see with that is that there might not be visors that could fit in without having to change the whole sculpt, but that's not why i'm here. i'm here because of decided to do a pep helmet and in my head im think, how the heck am i supposed to put in plates that will separate the two halves of the mold and jackets like in a clay sculpt? So if anyone can get back to me, that would be great

I was looking at this and I was wondering do I have to sculpt the helmet to do this or can I make a pep helmet and use that maybe put on fiber glass resin to harden it for the process? I don't think I would be able to sculpt a mc helmet very well lol

Hi im in the process of molding a helmet and i was wondering. After I brush on the rubber layer should I put regestration keys on the rubber layer for better placement inside the final jacket layer?

I totally forgot about this site, and I have a convention coming up in 3 weeks, how can i smooth out hot glue which i used to cover my makeshift armor?[attachment=15844:pICT0078.JPG]

New movie No Sex and the City 3

Sex and the City 2 is scheduled to hit U.S. theaters on May 27. While new Line Cinema has shed light on the hope for dvd collections Sex and the City 3, Digital Spy claimed the studio's executives have denied the news as their representative said(ishiner), "This is not true."

On Wednesday, January 27, The Sun came out with report that the second sequel to this Sarah Jessica Parker-starring film has been worked on though "Sex and the City 2" has yet to be released. "There is also a third movie on the go. It's under wraps for publicity reasons," a disney dvd collection source told the U.K.-based site.

The third film was additionally reported being shot back to back in order to outrun the rapid aging of the franchise's stars. "It makes sense to film the second and third movies back to back. The star trek next generation dvd characters will look a lot younger on screen when the third movie is out in a couple of years," the source further claimed. "They're keen to look as young as possible because that movie will be their last. They want to go out on a high."

Taking place two years after the end of the first movie star trek entreprise dvd, "Sex and the City 2" will see Sarah Jessica Parker's Carrie Bradshaw Preston and her friends bring their glamor lives to a place that is far away from their New York City homes. However, official plot for the film has not been unveiled yet.

Beside Parker, Kim Cattrall, Cynthia Nixon, and Kristin Davis will return to the upcoming movie csi miami dvd to reprise their roles as Samantha Jones, Miranda Hobbes Brady, and Charlotte York Goldenblatt respectively. Featuring a cameo by Miley Cyrus, this drama comedy is set to be dropped in U.S. theaters on May 28.

why in the world is this even in here?

Had a question but found the answer in here awesome tutorial wish I wasn't so cheap and would of spent more on silicon but thats ok I guess...

Is it prohibitively expensive to create an entire mold of Spartan armor? I'm curious about trying it out, but I don't have much experience in the area and I can't tell how expensive it would be.

You can cheat around how much clay is used and minimise your costs by sculpting over another object. My favourites are the white foam mannequin heads you usually find at hairdressing salons. I don't know where they're retailed overseas but in Australia you can buy them from HHB. I then apply the clay straight onto the foam.

Will this method work for being durable? If someone fell over in this armor would it break? Using this method to make my armor, Will the armor be durable enough to stop a paintball?
A few friends of mine and I have been looking into playing paintball in our reach getups. So we need to know the most durable form of making armor for our spartans.

Will this method work for being durable? If someone fell over in this armor would it break? Using this method to make my armor, Will the armor be durable enough to stop a paintball?
A few friends of mine and I have been looking into playing paintball in our reach getups. So we need to know the most durable form of making armor for our spartans.

Technique and the number of layers used are a large part of it but armour can be reinforced by lacing it with screens or mesh bought from your local hardware store if you're concerned.

On another note,
I've noticed a lot of people lately saying they've been using Smooth Cast Roto in place of the 300 series.
Be careful how and when you use Smooth Cast Roto as it's prone to sagging from heat. Being in the sun is enough to cause worrying drooping, and never ever leave pieces made from this in your car. It can be reformed with a heat gun but that risks ruining any electricals and paint work that have been added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back