Cleveland Gaming Classic Info and Roll Call: September 20th - September 22nd, 2024

How many do we need? I have 3 in my garage.
If they are not supplying us any, I believe 3 would be good. I think that's what we had last time and we still had plenty of room.

An update and an idea for those coming. I won't have the Halo Ring fully up and running by the time the con rolls around. Too much side work going on to dedicate that much time to the project. I can however have it ready to work on the interior of the ring. Adding all the little details like islands, land masses, clouds and mountains. You could make your own little section on the ring to call yours when it's all finished.
Does this sound like something we could do to pass some time working the booth? Let me know, and I'll bring the ring.

If they are not supplying us any, I believe 3 would be good. I think that's what we had last time and we still had plenty of room.

An update and an idea for those coming. I won't have the Halo Ring fully up and running by the time the con rolls around. Too much side work going on to dedicate that much time to the project. I can however have it ready to work on the interior of the ring. Adding all the little details like islands, land masses, clouds and mountains. You could make your own little section on the ring to call yours when it's all finished.
Does this sound like something we could do to pass some time working the booth? Let me know, and I'll bring the ring.
It would definitely make it more unique than the basic ring. And if we do a little bit of work off to the side of the booth it would give the people that stop by a idea of what and how foamsmithing works

It would definitely make it more unique than the basic ring. And if we do a little bit of work off to the side of the booth it would give the people that stop by a idea of what and how foamsmithing works
Mostly all of the foam work is done. This will be working with felt to give layers and depth to the interior. I've got to coat the entire thing in blue felt first for the oceans, then we can build the beaches, land masses, peaks and clouds.
Image for clarification and idea building:
1530935936478.jpg

I would be game to help with the storage and transport of it during the con

Last edited:
Luckily for us my brother in law is a waiter there and speaks fluent German. I can see if he can get us a table!
Hey Wicked, does your brother in law still work at Hofbrauhaus? With this going down next weekend we should start planning for any after hours event.

I was thinking for Saturday that we could do Fat Head's Brewery off Engle Rd or BJ's off Brookpark Rd. Swensons can always be a fallback again. I can look into reservations if we want to vote on these or any other places in the area.
With Fat Heads closing at 10pm on Saturday, do we want to aim for 6:30pm to give the folks working the last shift time to pack and change?
Also anyone coming in that Thursday night, I would be down to opening my house to a bonefire if there is an interest as I am 12 mins from the IX Center.

Last edited:
I was thinking for Saturday that we could do Fat Head's Brewery off Engle Rd or BJ's off Brookpark Rd. Swensons can always be a fallback again. I can look into reservations if we want to vote on these or any other places in the area.
Was fat heads the place we went to lunch on Friday last year before set up? If so that place got my vote

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back