Confucious' T Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggfooyoung

Thanks to SKD, I am able to make this armor. So far I have about all the pieces done, some of which I kinda toned down the detail.

Heres some pics:

Torso:

Picture167.jpg

Gauntlets: For these, I did not add the additional detailing.

Picture176.jpg

Thighs:

Picture177.jpg

Chest Pieces:

Picture171.jpg

Stomach Pieces:

Picture168.jpg

Biceps:

Picture178.jpg

Butt Plate: I did not make the additional part. Got on my nerves and what not

Picture173.jpg

Belt Plate: Only made the plate.

Picture172.jpg

Hip Plates:

Picture169.jpg

Back Pads:

Picture170.jpg

And of course, the helmet:

Picture175.jpg

Picture174.jpg

Next thing, hopefully would be some resining. Gonna be my first time, so wish me luck!

Chazodude said:
good luck!

its looking really good, will you re-add that detail later on?
keep up the good work!

I might re-add the detail with some posterboard (for the stomach piece) but for the butt plate, probably not because that one piece got me sooo mad....

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, today I finally resined for once! i resined the belt plate and left stomach pad. I think it pretty well, except the fast hardening of the first batch of resin. Had to use three batches for those two pieces. Well here are some pics:

Belt Plate:
DSC01042.jpg

Left Stomach Plate:
DSC01043.jpg

My box of pepakura pieces:
DSC01048.jpg

Oh and added bonus, my battle rifle:
DSC01041.jpg

On the belt plate, I see some bulid up of resin on the surface, which I think is the excess resin that was hardening when I brushed it on.

Oh I have some questions:

1.Should you use a different brush for each new batch of resin you mix?
2.How do you know when you added enough resin?
3.Is it ok to leave the pieces to dry under direct heat aka right outside in the sun?

Yea thats about it. I'm gonna work on it more tomorrow. Wish me luck!

Letting your pieces dry in the sun is fine. Won't hurt anything (unless it rains on them). Looks good so far. I use a foam brush and use it until it starts to harden from the resin. You can do the same thing with a bristle brush.

tlither said:
Letting your pieces dry in the sun is fine. Won't hurt anything (unless it rains on them). Looks good so far. I use a foam brush and use it until it starts to harden from the resin. You can do the same thing with a bristle brush.

yea thats what I do as well. Im afarid the resin from the first batch in the brush contaminate the second batch. Man, I'm gonna have to find a way to get brushes in bundles or something.

My Walmart has a 3 pack of foam brushes for 1.87. You can also check out close out stores in your area. If you are going to resin several pieces at once, one brush should be fine for that. You can probably do light coats on 3 or 4 pieces before the brush starts to harden up where you can't (or don't want to) use it.

Alright a new update on pieces resined:

Left Chest Piece, Right Stomach, and Middle Stomach:
Picture181.jpg

Right Chest Piece:
Picture182.jpg

Main Chest Piece, Butt Piece, Right Back Pad:
Picture179.jpg

More tomorrow, if I don't have to work! Need to get more paint brushes. Goin through them like my brother thru candy!

looks great! the sun does speed along the drying process but be wary- when you fiberglass your pieces keep them in the shade or you may get air pockets form from uneven drying(some parts getting more direct sun then other parts) Other then that best lof luck to you!

J-Kling said:
looks great! the sun does speed along the drying process but be wary- when you fiberglass your pieces keep them in the shade or you may get air pockets form from uneven drying(some parts getting more direct sun then other parts) Other then that best lof luck to you!

Aight thanks man. Good looking out.

If you get natural bristle "chip brushes" you can swish them around in a can of acetone to wash out uncured resin. I was able to do my last batches of resin with two brushes (that are still usable) instead of 5 because of cleaning them. Just make sure that you clean them right away when the resin starts to thicken and you can't apply any more to your pep.

Loess said:
If you get natural bristle "chip brushes" you can swish them around in a can of acetone to wash out uncured resin. I was able to do my last batches of resin with two brushes (that are still usable) instead of 5 because of cleaning them. Just make sure that you clean them right away when the resin starts to thicken and you can't apply any more to your pep.

Well that is certainly some good advice. I like wasted 4 brushes ..... in like a couple of hours working on the pieces. I'll tell you now, it doesn't take long to apply resin though.

Boryenko said:
Nice work on the helmet and battle rifle! How long did it take you to make the helmet?

With helmets, It usually takes me a couple of days of cutting, just because I don't always work on it. But for building, the average time would be two days, which is really like 4 hours of building in total. For this one, however, it decided to take it slow and see if it would look better. It didn't.

--------------------------------------

EDIT Even though this is not ODST armor related, I just want to share my completed Brute Spiker.

Picture183.jpg

Picture184.jpg

Picture185.jpg

Picture186.jpg

is dat some los santos!?

Sorry, just some GTA nostalgia. Anyways, nice armor and weapons. The only thing negative I have to say is that the spiker's front part looks a bit uneven. Fix that and you'll be golden.

Brainal said:
is dat some los santos!?
Sorry, just some GTA nostalgia. Anyways, nice armor and weapons. The only thing negative I have to say is that the spiker's front part looks a bit uneven. Fix that and you'll be golden.

Lol im surprised you were able to see that poster up there. And for the front part, i'll try to fix it, but most likely its gonna stay that way. It was a pain in the ass to even get it like that. But what I think the problem is, is the camera angle. My brother was never the best shooter.

WOW man GREAT work! I think you're the only one I've seen who's gotten this far on the ODST :) The weapons are coming along sweet too! Clean pep job too!

GREAT JOB!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back