Confucious' T Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.
@SKG - Wow a praise from a moderator like you! That made my day. The only thing I'm worried about is what I do with the pieces after they are resined.

@Last Spartan - Thanks for the praise.

But I have one question though. For the coats of resin on top of the pieces, how many layers should I add? I only have one at the moment. Also, after adding fiberglass on the bottom, should I sand the top?

Very impressive, I really like how "clean" all of your pep pieces are.

Also, to answer your question:
I usually only put one coat of resin on the top and then fiberglass the inside, but after that I apply another coat on top (but you can only do one if you want). I also don't usually sand until I put bondo on the pieces.

@Nugget - The model was made by Supertaco i believe. I may have glue the handle part wrong, and I left out the ring under the handle. The pep for ring was too small for my overly large hands.

@koobs - Yea I thought you could add more than one layer. I'm not even sure if I want to add Bondo. But I know I should for detail. Eh, I'll find the answer when the time comes.

@ Ruze789 - Thanks

Aight, another update of resined pieces:

Gauntlet Pieces:
Picture187.jpg

One of the Hip Plates:
Picture188.jpg

And the Last Back Pad:
Picture189.jpg

Finally got some acentone. Maybe now I can actually reuse the brushes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit- Aggghhh! My gauntlets are warped like hell. O well, gotta redo them.

I know this sounds crazy but if you do decide to bondo your ODST but dont want to put allot of bondo on mix a small amount and use your finger to put in on in very super thin layers i just did this it works great helped me fill in allot of cracks and tight spots use some surgical gloves if you dont want to get your hands messy i use my bear fingers because bondo dose not sick well to skin any who your ODST ROCKS keep it up man :p :) :D

HALOFAN111 said:
I know this sounds crazy but if you do decide to bondo your ODST but dont want to put allot of bondo on mix a small amount and use your finger to put in on in very super thin layers i just did this it works great helped me fill in allot of cracks and tight spots use some surgical gloves if you dont want to get your hands messy i use my bear fingers because bondo dose not sick well to skin any who your ODST ROCKS keep it up man :p :) :D

Hey thanks for the advice. But next time, can you add some needed commas or periods? Had to double back when reading what you wrote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Confucious T said:
Hey thanks for the advice. But next time, can you add some needed commas or periods? Had to double back when reading what you wrote.

lol sorry. yeah my grammar is not so good heh

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, Confucious T, you know that I'm working on a Halo 2 ODST outfit for my brother, but we were curious about how long did it take you to make your helmet?

you DO know that laquer thinner gets rid of resin too, right? Not just Acetone?

oh, and good job, bleh bleh bleh, I <3 GTA: SAN ANDREAS. lol you soy el grando smokio, and i want that gr@$$, comprende?

ah if you beat the game, good for you.

@Boryenko - For my, because I wanted to slow down, and becareful, it took a couple of days of cutting and a couple of days of building (like 3 days with three hours each, so like around 9 hours total).

@rvblife - Yea I had no idea laquer thinner would work too, thanks for the heads up!

"No one can stop me!" - Ryder
"Who can't stop you?" - CJ
"I'm not listening you, CARL." - Ryder

Loved that quote!

@Loess - Thanks for the comment!

@Nugget - Thanks for the file. But I don't mind if it's more accurate. I just made it for the hell of it. But I will check your file out.

@Spartan 270 - Thanks for the comment!

--------------------------------------------
EDIT Wow Nugget, that file of the brute spiker is so much closer looking. If I have time, I will definitely attempt to do it. Thanks again for the file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back