Deployment Application Process Begins Today!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do not see the need for any sort of "Official Unofficial" ranks/programs for feedback on whether or not a costume is deploy-able, when anyone who wants Feedback prior to submitting for deployment, that is what your Build Threads and your local Regiment are there for. If you want feedback, all you have to do is ask for it.

Agree.

Lady Cue, you are not required to re-apply, however, in order to become deployed, you must have at least 50 posts on the forums (including your account membership of at least 3 months, which you already acquired since March)
The Deployment Thread should help explain the process. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us :)

Last edited by a moderator:
OK, I was a bit confused on that part. I was unsure if the post requirement was needed for someone applying for a costume membership.
I was confused as it seemed there were two types ofor memberships, a builders and a deployed.
I think I understand. I'll work on the post part. just really excited to gain full membership.

We are glad you are excited Lady Cue. Many of us are excited. TO become a full member in any form your must have gotten past recruit stage, which is 50 constructive posts, and 90 days. You then need to join a regiment, and then you can become deployed.

We are glad you are excited Lady Cue. Many of us are excited. TO become a full member in any form your must have gotten past recruit stage, which is 50 constructive posts, and 90 days. You then need to join a regiment, and then you can become deployed.

Ok, I understand. The 50 post thing had me confused. Thats a different requirment than most other groups. I am with the 501st Legion and it is just a completed character that is approved by the XOs, sometimes I forget where I am on these forums.

FANGS, feel free to correct me or add on this suggestion - would this be something Regiment staff could help with for those who would fall below the age requirements (ie. perhaps a separate thread in the respected regiment, private forums, private messaging, etc)? Or would this strictly be for those dealing with the deployment process?
Mesh, ultimately, your build threads would serves as a foundation for feedback to help you improve and work on getting you to where you'd like to be :)

Absolutely. We have Regiment Membership Officers for exactly that reason. And while they aren't the ones making the final call, they can very much assist members along the way.

Ok, I understand. The 50 post thing had me confused. Thats a different requirment than most other groups. I am with the 501st Legion and it is just a completed character that is approved by the XOs, sometimes I forget where I am on these forums.

Hello, Lady Cue. Welcome to the 405th! The 501st, at least the main Legion forum, doesn't have forum users. To have access you must be a member. We have very intentionally created a different system here to encompass as many people as we can at some level. The bulk of the forum users here will never seek deployment. And as I'm sure you well know being a 501st member, a community is nothing without contributions from the membership. We devised this system to encourage people to take steps to first get to know the forum and the community at large and then once past the 50 posts and 90 days, to participate and contribute to your home Regiment. Some folks may choose to stop there and never have a costume but always be a great contributor either just online or in person....or both! Others will choose to go further and build gear and apply for deployment. There are a lot of options for being a part of the 405th.

The 501st has approvals on costumes already in the CRL done by a Garrison Membership Liaison, although perhaps your XO covers both rolls. This is not an entirely perfect system as there really is a wide range of what gets approved and what doesn't depending on who the GML is. The Rebel Legion has someone approving each type of costume so that all of that particular type are judged by one person in an attempt to create consistency. This is also not perfect. However, both of these systems are necessary simply due to the very large volume of applications. Here, however, because we are smaller, and not everyone who is a user of this forum will build a costume for deployment, we are able to have a couple of people overseeing all of the applications and thus creating the most consistent approval process we could come up with.

To go with that though, they are just 2 people with real lives and I have asked everyone for patience during this time. They are going to be quite bogged down in the beginning and it will take time so please do not re-apply.

I understand now. I have spent so much time with the 501st, getting used to a different system is always interesting and fun. I look forward to getting to know people on the forum. And I am really looking forward to doing events with other Spartans. Thanks for the info.

I understand now. I have spent so much time with the 501st, getting used to a different system is always interesting and fun. I look forward to getting to know people on the forum. And I am really looking forward to doing events with other Spartans. Thanks for the info.

I feel ya....I'm a 13 year member and former Legion Command. Which is why I'm here. Art wanted to be sure we took all of the best stuff and avoid the stuff that didn't work from the other costuming groups. What Garrison are you from??

Ah! With Joe O.! If you happen to troop with him, please give him a big hug from me. Or a smack....which ever seems appropriate for the moment.....bwhahahahaha

Annnnnd look at me derailing my own thread. :lol Glad to have you here, Lady Cue!

Tyranus in Virginia

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Ah! With Joe O.! If you happen to troop with him, please give him a big hug from me. Or a smack....which ever seems appropriate for the moment.....bwhahahahaha

Annnnnd look at me derailing my own thread. [emoji38] Glad to have you here, Lady Cue!
I'm not sure I know a Joe but I'll keep an eye out for him, for you!

now back to the thread ;)

Sent from my SM-G920R7 using Tapatalk

Annnnnd look at me derailing my own thread. :lol Glad to have you here, Lady Cue!

You are EVIL!!!!! I love it.

I've edited my first post to make it more clear that ho in game used ID numbers can be used as member #'s here.

I think it's important for everyone to realize that a deployment number is not necessarily a character number. You can still be Spartan S-XXX even if you don't get XXX as your 405th deployment number. Trust me, as an ODST, I don't have a chance of having my character number as a registry number.

Sent using Tapatalk.

MyrHerder - totally agree. It's a member's personal number. While you can have many costumes - even cosplays, it will be your personal number, as 405th member, not as a costume/cosplay.

MyrHerder - totally agree. It's a member's personal number. While you can have many costumes - even cosplays, it will be your personal number, as 405th member, not as a costume/cosplay.

100% correct. This is your 405th ID number. The number sticks with you no matter which costume you have or change to or add on.

Just for an update, Masterchief0624 and mothmonty are doing really well with keeping up with applications and getting them processed.

If you applied BEFORE I put up the notice that the application process started (as in before the start of this thread), make sure you resubmit.

If you get some feedback from our Membership Team that you don't fully understand or agree with, please feel free to respond. Just note that they are a little bogged down with a steady stream of messages, but they will do their best to respond as soon as they can. Make sure to respond to the email they send you so everything can stay together.

You are also more than welcome to chat with me and I'll do my best to help out.

We are going to be working on more specific Tier information for mostly soft part costumes as we've noticed we completely left those out of our thinking when we created the lists. Soft costumes in Halo are HARD. Really super detailed. So we want to make sure we have those judged on the same level as our armored costumes. Once again, face characters in soft parts costumes need to be a Tier 3 level, otherwise, we'll need to deploy you as a generic version of that costume, when it exists.

I know that change is uncomfortable for people at times but I want you to be sure that this is nothing to stress about. Your Tier level is not going to be used to determine whether or not you get to do events for the large majority of the time. There MAY be a very slight chance from time to time that we are asked to provide the best of the best costumes/members for filming. This is a rare occurrence but I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that it is possible. Otherwise, you aren't going to be singled out because you're a Tier 1 or 2 from doing events you're all accustomed to doing. The Tiers are meant to be a source of pride and encouragement. Nothing more.

If anyone else has questions, please let me know! Have a great weekend, everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back