Dragon Con Lanyards

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the UK folks.. he was referring to condoms, not erasers (we don't call erasers "rubbers").. of course I'm betting he'd never unroll it enough to get past the www part. ;)

The business card idea is a good one, especially since if we get a design locked in on one of those places like vista print, we could each have 100 identical ones, for the cost of shipping. We should get a 405th forum version done, so we're all able to hand them out without referring to the club.

How do people look at these though, in terms of say.. someone drops like 50 of them in one location and folks gotta' clean it up.. it's got our contact info all over it.. is that going to cause us trouble because they're kinda' like flyers, but more folks are likely to drop a card on the ground and not think twice about it?

"It's that stupid 405th again.. they're not coming back next year because they always leave a mess for us to clean up.. let's send them the bill."

I would have suggested business cards but I thought they were alredy in the game for some reason...

And, Mike, I dont think the 405th would be getting a cleanup bill from anyone lol. I love business cards, If i'm standing in line and see some displayed I always grab one or two that catch my attention or, like, talking to someone interesting and they whip out a business card I always take it and put it in my pocket for later. I've got a collection of cool cards at home from just one Reptile Show/Con awhile back (thats where I got little Lola, my baby iguana lol). Business cards are deffinately good adverrtising, especially if it looks flashy and dramatic.

Yeah, you're probably right.. I'm a little too cautious sometimes.

Well.. I'm pretty sure Adam could design some that will knock yer socks off if he wants to go this route.

i can print business cards here at work and will make up a prototype today print one out and take a picture and post it. that is if i get the okay form Adam to use the name and logo, i will PM him now and ask

If you get the 'go-ahead' from Adam, make the prototype card SPICY! It needs to catch the attention of someone within a 10 foot radius, IMO. Does your work printer do color? maybe Glossy color?

Unfortunately Adam said no they already have staff business cards but he said he could send some Ad-style cards to be passed-out though.

Dreads said:
Unfortunately Adam said no they already have staff business cards but he said he could send some Ad-style cards to be passed-out though.
Ah. I wondered if they had already been created. In the Wizardworld Philly thread, Sean mentioned trying to give someone in a Spartan costume a card... but Red had already given him one. ;)

Anyways, it was just an idea, if it's already been done by other people, then that's great.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah thats what I remembered, thats why I didnt mention business cards earier lol. Hmm, well Ive got a ton of promotional ideas (I'm holding a promotion item catalog right now) and if you guys get permission to do somethign like this i'll be glad to give out more avaliable options...

The cards look like this:

2773f58312.jpg

Right now, no one has any though.... just me, as we wait to see who actually should have some, and be representing us officially.

Looks neat, any thoughts to a 2 sided card?
Yeah now I know where you live! Stalker of the Year here I come! I keed I keed, too lazy!

back of my card looks like this:

2f1d4b7fb4.jpg

or

1246d94aff.jpg

You'd be visiting a UPS store ;-)

Skullcandy Girl said:
Looks neat, any thoughts to a 2 sided card?
Yeah now I know where you live! Stalker of the Year here I come! I keed I keed, too lazy!
I'm too lazy to be a stalker, too. :p

Yeah, I could see why you wouldn't want everyone running around with those cards.. Not everyone would be good candidates to represent the 405th.

I've always like those two pictures. You can do some really creative things with cards like this.

TheRob said:
is there cheap nifty stuff in that catalog?

Yes. lol

Nice card Adam, thats exactly what I though a 405th card would look like. Oh and a big thumbs up for choosing The UPS Store! (The best job I ever had)

Jaxjags2100 said:
72 days to go to D*Con. If someone is going to get lanyards going they need to jump on the project and get it moving. :lol:
Wow. It seems so... close. Not a lot of time left. :unsure:

gamerguy55 said:
Wow. It seems so... close. Not a lot of time left. :unsure:

You're telling me! I have 3 sets of armor to finish! :mad:

I agree though, someone needs to get teh ball moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back