Status
Not open for further replies.
We could do something really easy like this

unscidcardcopy.jpg

or this

unscidcardcopy2.jpg

or this one

unscidcardcopy3.jpg

(PLEASE DONT PRINT THESE AS THESE HAVE NOT YET BEEN APPROVED BY ADAM OR THE STAFF...IF THEY DO APPROVE THEM FOR REPRODUCTION THEN THATS A DIFFERENT STORY...BUT FOR NOW THESE ARE MOCK UP PROTOTYPES)

each member thats going could copy this pic input it into microsoft paint or some type of picture format program like photoshop and add in their info

copy and paste a pic of you in ur armor into the spot

type in your forum name

type in the group your in, for most of us its veterans, but for adam it could be site owner, or if you dont want to put in the group ur in, you could put in your favorite rank

as for number put in you forum member number, like my number is 2,484

when u put in all the info, print and laminate, and attach to neck strap, or use a clip-on biter, and making a back is easy i can put on the 405th forum symbol with the site url on the bottom, but its something simple, easy, and we can do it at home, along with Adam not spending huge amounts of money on buying the supplies to make some lanyards,

and these would be 405th Forum Lanyards so of course its not saying that we are a group...yet, but if we are by the time dragon con roles around it can be changed

Looks good Drop Rank add this

The 405th is a fan costuming group inspired by the Halo saga. It is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with Bungie or any of its affiliates or licensees. The Halo name , logo trademarks and characters are all owed by Bungie and we emplie no ownership.

put the bar code on the back

ask Adam for OK

As for the costume club

Drop rank
Add were there from Like Tampa Bay Cop.
Add a spot for Characters

As is your work in the past all good.

Rob

okay well heres the newer prototype versions i made,
but this time i made them ID Cards with front and back and yes the barcode does stand for R. Westerfield

id-westerfieldcopy.jpg

westerfieldidback.jpg

as some may see i also added the UNSC watermark logo over the pic, but if it needs to be we can add on the 405th logo instead

BlacRoseImmortal said:
That looks great IMO. I really hope Adam and his posse agree...
i Second that. But perhaps a variation on the colors? like a black background and white lettering?

Last edited by a moderator:
Assassin716 said:
okay well heres the newer prototype versions i made,
but this time i made them ID Cards with front and back and yes the barcode does stand for R. Westerfield

id-westerfieldcopy.jpg

westerfieldidback.jpg

as some may see i also added the UNSC watermark logo over the pic, but if it needs to be we can add on the 405th logo instead

How is the SEXY Spartan?....

Looks good MP Adam

I am printing that one!

You rock.

How about a picture of the person's actual face? (even if it's separate and on the back or something) You know.. to aid in actual identification.

Anyway.. the ID thing should probably get it's own thread if you guys want to continue with it. Even though it's regarding something to possibly be worn with the lanyard, it's pulling away from the topic of helping us organize to GET lanyards, and if we don't do it very soon, lead times may hurt us in terms of getting them in time for DragonCon and that's kinda' the purpose of the topic.

Let's keep it clear and simple so we can get some kind of official ruling on it from staff levels. Can we has lanyards? and are we still within the lead times required to organize purchases and get them made and shipped?

Deadguy said:
Let's keep it clear and simple so we can get some kind of official ruling on it from staff levels. Can we has lanyards? and are we still within the lead times required to organize purchases and get them made and shipped?

I think as of now, we still have plenty of time to order, print, get them shipped. I still think we should look towards a couple other things to hand out to more people. Trinkets and what not if you will.

Deadguy said:
How about a picture of the person's actual face? (even if it's separate and on the back or something) You know.. to aid in actual identification.

Anyway.. the ID thing should probably get it's own thread if you guys want to continue with it. Even though it's regarding something to possibly be worn with the lanyard, it's pulling away from the topic of helping us organize to GET lanyards, and if we don't do it very soon, lead times may hurt us in terms of getting them in time for DragonCon and that's kinda' the purpose of the topic.

Couldn't agree more. Get back to the lanyards idea! I want one! Well two actually! :)

We won't be able to make the "id card" style tags before dcon. We're still way too far from finishing the club rules, and accepting members.

This lanyard idea is for the cloth strap that will hold you dcon id I figured.

Any chance i can get the mods to cleanup this topic so it only has the Lanyard Information in it. and i got some price information on Lanyards i will post up tonight for you. I am glad people like this idea. The question is do you think 100 will be enough for dragon con or will we need more

EDIT:
Just a quick edit i found a place for $0.80 each for 100 - 300 i am asking about how much for custom graphic added custom printing is included. Oh just wondering what color material and writing do we want so i can see if they have it i was thinking blue on black or white and blue or white and black. what do you think, Adam I am kinda looking in your direction. Thanks for any input.

Dreads said:
Any chance i can get the mods to cleanup this topic so it only has the Lanyard Information in it. and i got some price information on Lanyards i will post up tonight for you. I am glad people like this idea. The question is do you think 100 will be enough for dragon con or will we need more

Hmm, if we are doing this for promotion of the forums/group/site, 100 is going to be about .0033% of the crowd there, I mean if my math is anywhere right, its probably not. What I am saying is 100 lanyards to give out to a crowd of 30,000? I think the number should be a little higher.

better idea to keep the lanyards for the people who are GOING from this site.

Oh Seriously? Nothing for promotion just something else for us to wear? That seems like a waste of an opportunity.

we do have a lot planned for promotional items... no we're not going to be huge players at dragoncon, but we'll have a presence. We'll start a fundraiser soon to see how much we can afford to get.

i think some people might have gotten it confused but what i was referring to before, was to make forum id lanyard cards,
its roughly an ID Lanyard with a Pic some basic info and 405th on the card

the id lanyard would be only for people from this forum, so they are fancy to show and we promote the website, as for the official id cards, as adam said we wont be able to have official ID cards before Dragon Con,

I like both the ideas goign on the ID cards and the Lanyard are awesome especially at the conventions that we attend dragoncon being the first mass gathering of people from this site (as far as i can tell) and i think this is just great. as for the lanyard design i was thinking of having the 405th emblem with 405th.com next the emblem's right and just have that loop around the lanyard.

Got off the phone with my print guy (just ordered a TK kit) so he owes me. 100 Lanyards Black and White or O.D. and Black with 405th on them. We will price in the AM

Rob

Now if we only had an ID tag..... :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back