DragonCon

Status
Not open for further replies.
23Magnum said:
Alright you got me, but I still have to work out a few details. I have plenty of time to work those out though.

Yeah even if you have to work out details it's better to book the room now and cancel later with no repercussion than waiting and not finding a room.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jaxjags2100 said:
Yeah even if you have to work out details it's better to book the room now and cancel later with no repercussion than waiting and not finding a room.

Jax is right... if you don't book very soon there wont be any rooms left... and then the only way to get one would be to wait till the day before the CON and try to pick up someone's canceled room reservation.

Spase said:
Jax is right... if you don't book very soon there wont be any rooms left... and then the only way to get one would be to wait till the day before the CON and try to pick up someone's canceled room reservation.

Or do what my family did and find a hotel like 2 blocks away..

We were at the Marriot Downtown..Complete with mini park with Hobo's sleeping on the benches..lol..

I'm still waiting for a response from Dragoncon about a list of the overflow hotels. I'll post it as soon as I get it. If I don't hear back from them today I'll give them a call tomorrow and let you guys know.

It wouldn't hurt to have a couple officers, marines, ODSTs, maybe a grunt costume for someones kids.... lol it would be great. Maybe someone could convince their significant other to go as Cortana... it would show that its not only Spartans, but the entire HUE we are interested in (Halo Universe Extended).

Spase said:
It wouldn't hurt to have a couple officers, marines, ODSTs, maybe a grunt costume for someones kids.... lol it would be great. Maybe someone could convince their significant other to go as Cortana... it would show that its not only Spartans, but the entire HUE we are interested in (Halo Universe Extended).
Hmm...a Cortana costume would be a lot easier than creating a female Spartan suit.

23Magnum said:
Hmm...a Cortana costume would be a lot easier than creating a female Spartan suit.
I do not think female Spartan suit it an approved Costume for 405 events. Don't get me wrong we working one one, but not for trooping.
Rob

Well by canon there were female spartans used in video games and throughout the novels. These suits just need to be designed the best they can be to fit the person wearing it and the wearer.

Also note that I will be at Dragoncon with bells on.

Spase said:

My wife would slap me for even asking! LOL. Actually she'd probably be willing to hide in an ODST suit or something less revealing.. If you're looking for cortana though you're GOT to talk to Ms. Valentine... she was a member here but hasn't been around for a while.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2320

I'm willing to bet she'll be at Dragoncon anyway... we should get ahold of her to team up.

Rob said:
I do not think female Spartan suit it an approved Costume for 405 events. Don't get me wrong we working one one, but not for trooping.
Rob

I can't imagine why not - there were female Spartans in the program (although they were armored identically to their male counterparts). Maybe you're thinking of some half-armor/half bikini fantasy suit - not that there would be anything wrong with that...

Sean Bradley said:
My wife would slap me for even asking! LOL. Actually she'd probably be willing to hide in an ODST suit or something less revealing.. If you're looking for cortana though you're GOT to talk to Ms. Valentine... she was a member here but hasn't been around for a while.

http://405th.com/forums/index.php?showuser=2320

I'm willing to bet she'll be at Dragoncon anyway... we should get ahold of her to team up.

Well I would have no idea how to get in touch with her (Ms. Valentine), last time she was seen was back in August. I could convince someone to troop as cortana, but she's a bit tall lol....

Its not just a cortana, but a back up crew for the MC's is just a little fluff, thats what I mean.

This may be a pointless update but I just got off the phone with the Hilton and have confirmed reservations for Friday and Saturday night so if you are on the edge this may be a good time to call as there are definately still at least a few rooms available... Good Luck!

I'm totally dawning my MKVI armor... I could do Cortana... but... I don't want to be chased me around :( Hahahah I'd have to sew something together HAHAHAHAH! Man that would... uhm, yeah...

Skullcandy Girl said:
I'm totally dawning my MKVI armor... I could do Cortana... but... I don't want to be chased me around :( Hahahah I'd have to sew something together HAHAHAHAH! Man that would... uhm, yeah...

Well hopefully the Spartans among us would help repel the fanboys if we had a cortana present, but I just really feel like it would be more complete to have other in game/universe extended/imagined characters present... but come in armor anyway, more spartans the better.

Spase said:
Well hopefully the Spartans among us would help repel the fanboys if we had a cortana present, but I just really feel like it would be more complete to have other in game/universe extended/imagined characters present... but come in armor anyway, more spartans the better.

I have a Cortana tank top :cautious: >_>

I'll stick with being MSMC, with the time I put into the armor, even just the pieces I have now, it'd be a waste to go as Cortana.

I am asking one of my friends right now if she would be interested in it she went as Andra form reboot last year and would fit the form or Cortona well so i will work on it this weekend when i see her. just one question though what would be best for her to wear a blue body suyit with drawn on letters and lines. she may ask what she would have to wear.

Looks like we might have about 10 on the registry now. Should have enough for a lineup in the parade. Adam and Link haven't even posted on the registry yet so we should have enough.

I haven't been able to get much information on events and schedules for this from their site(it seems to be blocked here at work). Could someone give me a run down of the events and timeframes? If I'm coming all the way to Atlanta, I'd also like to see some of the city while I'm there, and I just want to figure out when the best times are to do that.

23Magnum said:
I haven't been able to get much information on events and schedules for this from their site(it seems to be blocked here at work). Could someone give me a run down of the events and timeframes? If I'm coming all the way to Atlanta, I'd also like to see some of the city while I'm there, and I just want to figure out when the best times are to do that.

I agree with you, especially if a drive the 14 hours. Maybe we could find a time and tour the City alil. Wonder what ppl would think of a tour group of MC's? LOL

I'll see if I can sent ya some info 23Magnum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back