Dying and Chroming Visors (Cheap) TUTORIAL

So just to be clear, there is no sealing the chrome? Just gonna have the chance to smudge forever? Yeesh...
Spaz stix does have a clear coat, but if I rubbed my finger on the chrome it would still remove most of it. If you're making a small or not very rounded visor, you could try mirrored window tints

Thank you for this tutorial and for the video. Is there a recommended method for a visor already attached to a helmet? I bought my helmet online and it’s made for airsoft so the visor is clear and glued into the helmet. I’ve see some videos about using headlight spray like VHT but I’m too chicken to try it and mess up the helmet.

Thank you for this tutorial and for the video. Is there a recommended method for a visor already attached to a helmet? I bought my helmet online and it’s made for airsoft so the visor is clear and glued into the helmet. I’ve see some videos about using headlight spray like VHT but I’m too chicken to try it and mess up the helmet.
You will have to remove the visor if you want the best result. There are head light tinting sprays that people have used, but they only darken, not chrome or give a reflective effect. You can attempt to spray it into the interior of the helmet, but getting an even coating will be difficult due to the cramped space inside that limits your movement with the spray can.

So just to be clear, there is no sealing the chrome? Just gonna have the chance to smudge forever? Yeesh...
If you ever do smudge the chrome, you can wipe it all off with windex and re-apply it. I've re-chromed the visor in my blue mk VI helmet probably 3 times by now. I don't even remove the visor to do it.

If you can't remove the visor then you can try spraying it with chrome in the helmet. I've done this with a helmet of mine and it turned out fine. Although it may be difficult if you have a helmet with a smaller opening. Just be extra careful to try and make sure you coat the visor evenly and you always spray directly on to the surface of the visor, not angled.

If you can't remove the visor then you can try spraying it with chrome in the helmet. I've done this with a helmet of mine and it turned out fine. Although it may be difficult if you have a helmet with a smaller opening. Just be extra careful to try and make sure you coat the visor evenly and you always spray directly on to the surface of the visor, not angled.
I did this too. however i didn't tape off the cushioning well enough so it gave me frosted tips when I took the helmet off (temporarily) lol

My results are in while using Alclad II Chrome (can be found in some Hobby Shops in Canada for $12-15 per bottle).

I needed to really clean the visor well with alcohol because it wasn’t sticking the first time. In my case, I needed to use at least two 1/3 loads of my airpbrush at 20 psi with a 2-3 inch distance for it to stick. But in the end it turned out very well, and the visibility is much better than I expected.

I decided not to dye it and just do the chroming

IMG_8788.jpegIMG_8787.jpegIMG_8786.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back