First build planning (Rakshasa)

Really excited about this one.
I managed to sew my first ever glove. This is purely a test to see if I could do it, I'll be making a better version soon.
Basically the plan will be to make a spandex base for the glove, and then building up the details with a thicker fabric like canvas, faux leather, or even suede. Not sure yet which I wanna use though, need a trip to fabricville to test some options
1000025606.jpg
1000025603.jpg
1000025604.jpg

Well, I've wanted to do this for years and now I'm finally giving myself the push to do it.

My first full build is gonna be the Rakshasa core, using the Artaius helmet.
Gonna be going for a ranger type of look, thinking of using the Bandit or S7 sniper but not fully sure yet.

I also really want to try and push myself to get as much accuracy as possible, I've been studying models and planning materials for a little bit now so I think I have a general idea of how I'm gonna do it

Planning on 3d printing the whole suit and helmet, I'm also going to try my best at making the full undersuit myself. Starting this weekend I will be picking up supplies and tracking my progress, I haven't gotten a 3d printer yet but I will be very soon, so I will be starting by making the boots, boot covers, and possibly the undersuit depending on how long the printer takes to ship. Very excited to get started and I'll do my best to share all the details here!
Having the 3D model at hand is very useful! Looks like you are going for a Hieu Dinh-type of build, so the bandit could give you that ranger aesthetic over the Sniper, tho would be cool that you could add flashlights to the gun and the helmet. I wish you luck with your build!

Having the 3D model at hand is very useful! Looks like you are going for a Hieu Dinh-type of build, so the bandit could give you that ranger aesthetic over the Sniper, tho would be cool that you could add flashlights to the gun and the helmet. I wish you luck with your build!
Thanks! Yeah I already decided on the bandit, mostly because its hard to find good files of the S7 Sniper and the Bandit that Aguilar made looks beautiful.

I've been closely studying the model and I have decent plans for most of the details, so between foamwork, sewing, and 3d modeling/printing, I think I'll be able to get a pretty accurate suit. Been on a slight break for financial reasons but I have some more filament on the way now so I should be right back to work on this soon!

This thread is more than 4 months old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back