Foam ODST Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aight here are the pics of the base completed, next is the signature ODST chestplate!

20190331_172115.jpg
20190331_172144.jpg

have you done a test fit? Does you head fit through the hole okay? Also the collar, just from my build I had to trim that sucker down cuz I couldn't wear my helmet properly.
Yeaup, all fits, and I have a long neck, and fairly tall...ummm well not to sell you "short," all seriousness, fits like a dream my guy! Also Dirtdives, built the ODST chest properly and trimmed my baseplate according to my concept reference!

20190401_074816.jpg
20190401_075319.jpg
20190401_075324.jpg

nicely done! I know that main torso can be a real nightmare. the hardest part is test fit and getting in and out of it. and the collar gets in the way to the helmets sometimes. Just keep plugging alone man. Doing a great job!

nicely done! I know that main torso can be a real nightmare. the hardest part is test fit and getting in and out of it. and the collar gets in the way to the helmets sometimes. Just keep plugging alone man. Doing a great job!
Will do, I will trim the collar If my bucket gets in the way

Last edited:
you make me "sound" old..........I don't feel it though

You're only as old as you feel, Dirtdives! Which for you appears to be a late 22-ish. For me, about 167.

And, no joke, this chest plate is looking good and so is the stomach plate.

Remember as you go on to take your time with the cuts and make sure they are clean. Especially now you're working on the smaller details it becomes even more important. I think that's what kills most costumes is people focus on the big details when it's the small details they should be worried about.

Aight, stomach plate is done! Went ahead and attached it!

View attachment 268246
This build is looking great, can't wait to see how the end product is. I have to ask just from sifting through the thread I can't see, did you use the foam files from the armory and then did the smaller details from visual reference? or modified your own version? Out of curiousity for when I get to the armor.

This build is looking great, can't wait to see how the end product is. I have to ask just from sifting through the thread I can't see, did you use the foam files from the armory and then did the smaller details from visual reference? or modified your own version? Out of curiousity for when I get to the armor.
Most of it is from the armory, and just modified to match my concept reference I want to copy, or as close as I can! ODST is so easy, you will love it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back