Foam ODST Build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Empty space is what mean.
Ooooh you meant expanding foam stuff, that is a good idea, but unfortunately my skin breaks out on contact with that stuff, sooooo I will use polyester foam wrapped in fabric! But that really is a great idea, to get a custom fit, I can definitely see how great that would, luckily I finish the base forearms, and its snug without gaps!

Thats what i use it for to get a snug fit so its not moving around so much. You can cover the foam after it drys or in the middle of drying with cotton balls. But you will need to do some shaving once its cured. If you would like i can show you on some of my armor on the inside.

Thats what i use it for to get a snug fit so its not moving around so much. You can cover the foam after it drys or in the middle of drying with cotton balls. But you will need to do some shaving once its cured. If you would like i can show you on some of my armor on the inside.
Nah, my armor is snug, thanks though

Anyway here is the forearms, waiting for my 6mm to come in to finish the top "vent" details, also perfect fit!

20190328_090444.jpg

Last edited:
Soooo I guess when the forearms are done, I will be working on base chestplate v1, for those who don't, v1 caught on fire unfortunately, but that's okay, v2 will be better! Although v1 was pretty good

Pardon?

You can't just leave that hanging.
Some fire occurred, the armor was involved, that's about all we know.
It was like 2 or 3 months ago, I was attaching the rucksack with 2 layers of contact cement glue and my sister brought a "LIT" candle in the shed right beside my chest piece, guess she figure it will smell better, dunno, but a wind gushed in "sploosh" the armor just caught on fire, I was painting on the cement glue and guess it really reacted, should have took a pic, but first thought was oh shiz, fire extinguisher, so that's the "sob" story

Also other forearm is done! So far, two shoulders, 2 biceps....did I post the biceps? Anyway, and two forearms, soooooo definitely going to make the base chest and then the ODST chest, stomach plate, so on and so on, you know the basic ODST stuff that loads of people have done!

It was like 2 or 3 months ago, I was attaching the rucksack with 2 layers of contact cement glue and my sister brought a "LIT" candle in the shed right beside my chest piece, guess she figure it will smell better, dunno, but a wind gushed in "sploosh" the armor just caught on fire, I was painting on the cement glue and guess it really reacted, should have took a pic, but first thought was oh shiz, fire extinguisher, so that's the "sob" story

Almost sounds like how the Chicago fire of 1871 started.....but instead of a cow, it was zachturner009s sister...........and no, I didn't call her a cow.......just a fire-starter.......... It sounds funny though. Glad you are OK and that is what matters most.

Almost sounds like how the Chicago fire of 1871 started.....but instead of a cow, it was zachturner009s sister...........and no, I didn't call her a cow.......just a fire-starter.......... It sounds funny though. Glad you are OK and that is what matters most.
Yeaup, going to screen shot this and send it to her! Also thanks for the concern, only damage was a "ODST" form smudge on concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back