Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
mks81 said:
Like I mentioned, the only thing I didn't have done was sorting out all of the pieces. Once the pieces are organized to maximize efficient use of each page, you could significantly reduce the number of pages. I just went ahead and posted because jareyes was asking for it.

.... I CAN'T BELIEVE MY DREAM CAME TRUE!!! YESSSSSSSS I'm getting started on this RIGHT NOW! The unfold is amazing, I know because I tried doing it myself and I couldn't get it anywhere near like that. My eternal thanks to you, it really is a good unfold. Optimizing the space between the spaces is alright, usually when I scale something I have to rearrange them anyway to optimize it so it's all good. I'm definitely not complaining.

Thanks again man, really.

Will post pics up as soon as I have them pepped.

Edit: My bad guys, I got so excited I didn't realize I had run out of pep doing my other ODST shin haha. I will start this tomorrow as soon as I get home from work.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah i know that im still a noob at most of this stuff but i can do my best i tried once and got it around 16 pages lol but if thats the least i can get it at so be it lol.

ok i have a question, how can i export the file of the gauntlet to fileshare because it says it needs a "password" i dont have. i managed to position the pieces for the unfold to the best usage of each piece of paper and i think you guys might want it lol.(at least im not too much of a noob anymore)

Use the edit button, man.

Also, it probably means you need to need to create an account.

On topic and related to Nightshade's modelling: I am very much in need of the attachment for Romeo's helmet. I am trying to decide if I'm going to try to build my own or wait for a pep (if it's ever going to happen). I'm using NZ-TK's helmet and I would very much like for it to fit, but beggars can't be choosers.

If you look at the first page, the sniper goggles are up, they just are missing a lens because we didn't have a screenshot of them without Romeo's hand in the way, so you could make those, and just use bondo for the missing lens, or you can wait until it is made again, or you could wait until Rundown makes Romeo's bucket with the goggles attached or however he was planing on doing it.

Not to sound pessimistic, but I'm not really happy with the gauntlet file. If you compare it side-by-side with a screenshot, it isn't accurate at all (no offense). If i had the programs and the ability to 3d model, I would take a crack at it myself, but sadly I don't.

I'm with hammer, not too be rude but there is room for improvement. They're difficult peices, I'd try modeling them but i've already built my own from scratch.

I'm just grateful they're out. This is an amazing lifesaver vs. trying to build it from scratch. Hope to see more stuff soon. :)

Trooper0621 said:
I'm just grateful they're out. This is an amazing lifesaver vs. trying to build it from scratch. Hope to see more stuff soon. :)

I kind of liked the whole shin guard idea of yours. In fact, I thought about modding some shin guards to make them look right.

Question to Odision:

Have you posted up your file with the pieces all re-arranged? I actually won't be able to start until tomorrow. Oddly, the Wal-Mart I always buy my cardstock from has rearranged their crafts area and they don't appear to carry cardstock anymore! Strange, but I'm going to devote all of my time tomorrow to find someone else that supplies cardstock (Staples maybe.. I'm hoping). Anyhow, just wondering if you posted up your file. If not, it's cool. I can always arrange them myself. But still, nothing beats someone doing some of the work for you :phaha.

Also, in regards to the comments suggesting the forearm piece is inaccurate/has been scratch-built my some people already, my idea was always to just use this as a base as trooper0621 suggested and then scratch-build the details on top. Besides, you can't fake the multi-layered look, you have to actually do it most of the time. For example, that extra plate that looks like it's bolted onto the inside of the forearm, I think that would look lame sculpted in and would look completely B.A. if it were actually a separate piece attached after. Anyhow, just my two cents. Keep the stuff coming!!

jareyes said:
Question to Odision:

Have you posted up your file with the pieces all re-arranged? I actually won't be able to start until tomorrow. Oddly, the Wal-Mart I always buy my cardstock from has rearranged their crafts area and they don't appear to carry cardstock anymore! Strange, but I'm going to devote all of my time tomorrow to find someone else that supplies cardstock (Staples maybe.. I'm hoping). Anyhow, just wondering if you posted up your file. If not, it's cool. I can always arrange them myself. But still, nothing beats someone doing some of the work for you :phaha.

Also, in regards to the comments suggesting the forearm piece is inaccurate/has been scratch-built my some people already, my idea was always to just use this as a base as trooper0621 suggested and then scratch-build the details on top. Besides, you can't fake the multi-layered look, you have to actually do it most of the time. For example, that extra plate that looks like it's bolted onto the inside of the forearm, I think that would look lame sculpted in and would look completely B.A. if it were actually a separate piece attached after. Anyhow, just my two cents. Keep the stuff coming!!

No unfortunately i didnt get it posted, but i can solve your cardstock problem give office depot a try i always get mine there at 14.99 for 250 pages.

ODISION said:
No unfortunately i didnt get it posted, but i can solve your cardstock problem give office depot a try i always get mine there at 14.99 for 250 pages.

holy CRAP that's a lot of cardstock!..... I like! I'll check it out today, thanks.

Also, if you could get it posted today that'd be great. any particular reason you didn't? Was it because you couldn't upload it to a hosting site?

jareyes said:
holy CRAP that's a lot of cardstock!..... I like! I'll check it out today, thanks.

Also, if you could get it posted today that'd be great. any particular reason you didn't? Was it because you couldn't upload it to a hosting site?

That is the exact reason why i didnt post it. If i wouldve had this said "password" to save the file there would have been no problems with it, and it wouldve already been up. If this problem can be solved though i can get it up by today. And yes...that is quite a bit of cardstock a whole suit of armors worth actually lol.

ODISION said:

Now I can Tell you, Sam's Club and Bj's sell 250 pages for 5.99, much cheaper then Office Depot.

Nightshade said:
Awwww . . . That's so nice. I'll be back and modeling as soon as possible, I promise.

And it looks as if I need to remodel those goggles when I get back . . .

how hard would it be to change the sniper goggles into ones for someone left handed,the lends would have to be on the other side thats it.

Nightshade said:
Just wondering, is anyone planning on pepping the equiptment plates?

I pepped about 90% of it before I decided to go with the WETA version and just add on the details, mainly because I want to have an actual 1-inch strap of webbing on it for detail.

I may give it another shot depending how I like the way my current side-equipment plates look (currently I'm meh about them so looking at the unfinished piece I have in front of me...I may try it again if I have time).

Some of the little folds were a little tricky, especially the bottom part of the "Y" shaped detail that actually sticks out over the plate. It may be easier if I scale it up a little bit, which I'll do if I give it another shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back