Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also wanted these models to be moved to the wiki for easy, organized access, but I wasn't sure if I was authorizaed to do so. Or is anybody allowed to edit the Wiki Pep page?

Thanks for heading this up Nightshade, it couldn't have been done without you...

Awww, thanks man, but I'm sure that, had I not started the thread, someone else would surely have done so. I'm just glad that I had the chance.

Also, thanks to everyone else for helping out along the way...

Definitely. Without the generous help of countless members, this project would never have turned out so awesomely. Big thanks to everyone! From the other modelers to the numerous unfolders to those brave enough to try pepping our new models (some of which took several versions to perfect ... or almost perfect) to those who just wanted to give thier honest criticism, this thread would have been impossble without such a dedicated and combined effort.

This project is turning out great...

I second that!

ok so I made the ODST backpack and when it was scaled to 18"

and it was to big so I am re-scaling it. I will post progress in

my thread when I am done with them.

for all the people wanting to re-create the armor of Romeo, Dutch, Buck, and The Rookie, I have some videos that may be of some use as references... not the best but they might be of some use...

Dutch

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mr_oZYDX2V8[/media]

Romeo

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4TFcmLBvyM[/media]

ltmcmuffin said:
for all the people wanting to re-create the armor of Romeo, Dutch, Buck, and The Rookie, I have some videos that may be of some use as references... not the best but they might be of some use...

Sorry about the double post, it wouldn't let me post them all in one post...

Buck

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRWvuRWivwg[/media]

The Rookie

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKu1itXdhss[/media]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys, so I know that the original center equiptment plate was not pep-friendly or easily constructable, so I just editted the model to make a lot easier to assemble. I removed the ring and semi-spheres in the center, just leaving a flat plate so you can add the details with cardboard, etc, as well as enlarged the lines/indentations, etc, so the folds aren't so close together. I have it printed on a single piece of cardstock at 178mm and it looks muuuuch easier to pep. I can't save my own unfolds, but here's what I got after picking out some quick open edges:

newcenterpiecepep.jpg

New and Improved Center Equiptment Plate

Again, I'm sorry that I've often released files only to edit and re-release them (which must be a pain for the unfolders), but I'm just trying to make things easier. Hmmm, that sounded a lot smarter before I typed it.

Shade

(PS - Kudos to anyone who recognized that partial quote from Donut)

sweet night! and yes, i believe anyone can edit the wiki, so if you wanted to post your download screenshots, download links, and etc there, im sure it would be fine, it is a wiki after all! haha

Nightshade said:
I also wanted these models to be moved to the wiki for easy, organized access, but I wasn't sure if I was authorizaed to do so. Or is anybody allowed to edit the Wiki Pep page?

Anyone can go in and edit the wiki. If you're not familiar with editing wiki entries, I can do it. Just pick the images and unfolds that you want on the wiki. Keep in mind that you can only have one unfold per file to avoid cluttering the page. After all, you can't have all the unfolds there.

i believe anyone can edit the wiki, so if you wanted to post your download screenshots, download links, and etc there, im sure it would be fine, it is a wiki after all! haha

Lol, ok, then I guess I better add those files to the wiki after all ...

Anyone can go in and edit the wiki. If you're not familiar with editing wiki entries, I can do it. Just pick the images and unfolds that you want on the wiki. Keep in mind that you can only have one unfold per file to avoid cluttering the page. After all, you can't have all the unfolds there.

Thanks Ral, and if I have trouble editting that thing, you'll be the first one to call (err ... PM). And thanks for the info on the unfolds, etc.

I finished a sholder, but it looks wayyyyy to small. what do I scale it as to make it big enough?

I'm glad that you tried the shoulder file! I thought that mine was a little small too (the top part) until I saw that it's really supposed to rest on you upper arm, and not really cup your shoulder. I'm around 5'6", and mine are scaled to 280mm. I think that anything smaller than that just won't fit. People have scaled it from around 280mm to 320mm, so somewhere in that ballpark (based on your height) would be good.

Oh, and by the way, I just unfolded Crackhead's HD forearms and printed 'em, and I'm about to be pepping. Six pages, but pretty easy pages and only four or so pieces per page, so that's cool ...

Nightshade said:
Lol, ok, then I guess I better add those files to the wiki after all ...

Thanks Ral, and if I have trouble editting that thing, you'll be the first one to call (err ... PM). And thanks for the info on the unfolds, etc.

I'm glad that you tried the shoulder file! I thought that mine was a little small too (the top part) until I saw that it's really supposed to rest on you upper arm, and not really cup your shoulder. I'm around 5'6", and mine are scaled to 280mm. I think that anything smaller than that just won't fit. People have scaled it from around 280mm to 320mm, so somewhere in that ballpark (based on your height) would be good.

Thanks nightshade. I'm still gonna keep the sholder as a reminder.

Those shoulder straps look pretty good. Back aways, everyone was talking about the scaling of the shoulder piece. I asked rube, and he scaled his to 35 cm. It looks pretty big on me, but to tell you the truth, it looks more badass when its big. Really makes your shoulders stand out.

about the shoulder straps although they look great i think the best thing to do is get some sort of military,airsoft,paintball strapping to do the trick since a hard,unflexable piece wont work as goodbut who knows maybe someone will make it work

These armour parts are looking awsome. I built the chest piece (first time I've built a Pepakura model properly) and it looks really good, keep it up guys!

Harding29 said:
about the shoulder straps although they look great i think the best thing to do is get some sort of military,airsoft,paintball strapping to do the trick since a hard,unflexable piece wont work as goodbut who knows maybe someone will make it work

I think it will work out fine personally. It gives a good anchor to hang the other chest pieces off of.

Harding29 said:

make it out of like a flexible plastic or something along those lines and It would be a really good strap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back