Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harding29 said:
for the numbers go to the 2d menu on the tool bar and then click show edge ID and for the ODST helm all i can say is to take ur time the only problem i had with it was the indented lines on the top and the rectangle on the forehead.

I second that part about the rectangle on the forehead.

Last edited by a moderator:
kiba963 said:
I'm gonna print the helmet and chest piece today.

When are the goggles for Romeo's helmet going to be finished?

I scaled the chest to fit mine and this happend.

what do i do?

lol um are u sure its scaled properly,if it is i would try to close it and reopen it,if that doesnt work i would redowload it

Hey, Crackhead, I must say that the new gauntlets look much better and very cool. I'm pretty sure that I'll be using those for my armor build. They have areas with cool details while still being a very managable model. My only concern is that the small valley/indentation shapes on both the right and left side (directly under the elbow piece and under the geometry across from that) might be a bit too small for practical pepping. If you could make those a bit wider/bigger, I think it would make the job a bit easier. Also, it seems that on the indentation on the left (with the elbow closer to you), some verts need to be merged (the red line), or else Pep wont create tabs for that line. Aside from those tiny details, I'm lovin this model and I'm gonna add it to the main post, along with your thigh model (which I actually haven't gotten a chance to look at yet)

nightshade all the links and pictures in the first post are all screwed up, just for ya know

Nightshade said:
What's Left for Project: ODST

Backpack

Final Goggle Release (still need some ref pics!)

Any other back pieces

Shade

im just wondering if u would like to add some pieces to that.I not sure if u want to remake the hip plates since they look(for the most part)like the Weta version,Mickeys left shoulder pad,and the helmet attachments,Bucks and Mickeys

Harding29 said:
im just wondering if u would like to add some pieces to that.I not sure if u want to remake the hip plates since they look(for the most part)like the Weta version,Mickeys left shoulder pad,and the helmet attachments,Bucks and Mickeys
the mickey bicept plate is done. it's in one manbattaltion's thread

rvb18 said:
the mickey bicept plate is done. it's in one manbattaltion's thread

oh thanks i plan on making 4shouders,2 standard,Mickeys,and then Romeos but not goin to start untile i have my other pieces down.

So far on my ODST i have the rookie helmet(finished),then the chest plate,Weta Center Equip :(,and belt plate pepd and starting on the side equipment plates tomorrow.

sorry about the double post but i some refs of Romeos Sniper Goggles,they arnt the best resolution but its the best i could do.

321.png

4141.png

62.png

6365.png

DesperateTimes.jpg

Untitled-1.png

well i hope they do some good,AND i have a suggestion if Nightshade is goin to model the pieces on the side of the goggle that are holding it onto the helm,i think it would be best if u didnt conncet them to the eye piece so we can adjust it to fit out helms,so it would be in 3 pieces

well you guys here it is the finished lower res forearm. the extra details are gonna need bondo but that should be your only concern for it so here it my forearm hope you guys like it because I've declared it my final forearm so enjoy it you guys. as for my HD file you can still use it dont be ashamed or anything so without further ado her ya go.

http://www.4shared.com/file/123264919/92afd825/ODST_FOREARM_UNI.html

the back pack i know has been done on another thread i saw in the creation discussion, hmm i wonder if thats it then lol

on the rookie's shoulder, is the top part (circled in the picture) meant to rest on the shoulder, as in your should would go into the inside of the plate reather then the whole thing sticking out of your shoulder?

odstshoulder.jpg

Also, does anyone have a diagram of how to connect all the should pads (including the triangle thing) to the armour? AND I'm about 5'11", should I scale the shoulders to about 270-280?

crackhead09 said:
well you guys here it is the finished lower res forearm. the extra details are gonna need bondo but that should be your only concern for it so here it my forearm hope you guys like it because I've declared it my final forearm so enjoy it you guys. as for my HD file you can still use it dont be ashamed or anything so without further ado her ya go.

http://www.4shared.com/file/123264919/92afd825/ODST_FOREARM_UNI.html

the back pack i know has been done on another thread i saw in the creation discussion, hmm i wonder if thats it then lol

Woo! Another forearm! No offense to f3tt man, but compared to this, his forearm wasn't entirely accurate and it was a pain in the butt to pep due to it being so cylindrical. Anyway thanks for making this! Looks great.

Also, the backpack HAS been done by f3tt man, but the modelling isn't 100% accurate IMO. I pepped the middle section and that looked alright, then after I pepped one of the side parts, I feel the side parts were just too big in relation to the middle part. I'll post up a pic tonight of what I mean, maybe get everyone else's thoughts on it.

sierra092 said:
on the rookie's shoulder, is the top part (circled in the picture) meant to rest on the shoulder, as in your should would go into the inside of the plate reather then the whole thing sticking out of your shoulder?

odstshoulder.jpg

Also, does anyone have a diagram of how to connect all the should pads (including the triangle thing) to the armour? AND I'm about 5'11", should I scale the shoulders to about 270-280?

Couldn't tell you about your first question, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna rig all my stuff too =\

but for your second question, if you look a couple of pages back there is a little discussion on the correct size. At 5'8, I scaled mine to 280mm and I think it looked good. You're a little taller, maybe 290mm?

jareyes said:
Couldn't tell you about your first question, I'm still trying to figure out how I'm gonna rig all my stuff too =\

but for your second question, if you look a couple of pages back there is a little discussion on the correct size. At 5'8, I scaled mine to 280mm and I think it looked good. You're a little taller, maybe 290mm?

Its okay, the last question kindof answered the first one :pThis will now be my 3rd try .... My 1st one was on the default size and second one scaled to 250mm, even that was too small.

Hey Harding, thanks for those pics, man. Yes, those should be of great help to me.

And Rvb18, lol sorry about the first post, I'll have to fix that.

Progress Report: Finished pepping the first shoulder (I don't really know if it counts as a shoulder now. By the looks of the pics, it seems that it just rests on the upper arms. Oh well.). Also, the chest plate, side equiptment plate (right) and belt buckle are pepped. I don't know about the center piece, I might just end up using the WETA version instead.

As for the other pieces, I'll have to look into those. I'm sort of looking forward to really starting my own armor (resining, etc), so I don't know how much modeling I'll be doing in the future.

Shade

Nightshade said:
Hey Harding, thanks for those pics, man. Yes, those should be of great help to me.

And Rvb18, lol sorry about the first post, I'll have to fix that.

Progress Report: Finished pepping the first shoulder (I don't really know if it counts as a shoulder now. By the looks of the pics, it seems that it just rests on the upper arms. Oh well.). Also, the chest plate, side equiptment plate (right) and belt buckle are pepped. I don't know about the center piece, I might just end up using the WETA version instead.

As for the other pieces, I'll have to look into those. I'm sort of looking forward to really starting my own armor (resining, etc), so I don't know how much modeling I'll be doing in the future.

Shade

i pepd the Weta center piece it looks good but the circle part is ridiculously not pep friendly but i guess anything that small and circular would be.But Shade ur on a roll with both ur build and the modeling,hope that u dont have any trouble with ur build.

Wow, i just found this thread again, and just went through every page to find all the files. Great job everybody, but may i suggest possibly organizing all the peices to make it easier to find. Thanks to all.

Shade ur on a roll with both ur build and the modeling,hope that u dont have any trouble with ur build.

Hey, thanks man, I hope your armor turns out great as well. And good find for a pouch!

may i suggest possibly organizing all the peices to make it easier to find. Thanks to all.

Have you seen the first post? I haven't added Crackhead's files yet (don't worry, I will), but most of the files are there ...

Nightshade said:
Hey, thanks man, I hope your armor turns out great as well. And good find for a pouch!

Have you seen the first post? I haven't added Crackhead's files yet (don't worry, I will), but most of the files are there ...

Thanks for heading this up Nightshade, it couldn't have been done without you...

Also, thanks to everyone else for helping out along the way...

This project is turning out great...

Hey guys, i just wanted to say that all of the modelers and unfolders are doing a great job! my only criticism is this, can we please get some of these files moved to the wiki?? or and update showing all the UPDATED files and unfolds? not to sound like a negative person, but i just read all 27 pages of this thread and downloaded about thirty files. and now its time to sort, look at, and figure out which unfold i want, and then delete the excess. so i say that an update would be a great edition to this thread! and we def need to add these files to the wiki for easy access. thats my two cents, and keep up the good work!

ps, to an modelers out there worrying about the top of Romeo's helmet, if u think about it, all that is is tracking so that the goggles can slide up and down, there is no reason to model it, unless you want to be completely game accurate, just make your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back