Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought u were goin to remodel them with the second lens i know its not on the top of the lists but im jw

Oh, oops, yeah, I just remembered that. Can someone please post a pic of the goggles including the lower lense and I'll get right to work ...

Harding29 said:
im just putting this out there that the sniper goggles arent the most accurate thing in the would because it is missing a smaller lens under the big one

[attachment=10497:$dstgog.png]

thats the only pic i have of it but someone could get some stills for the ViDoc i think that would help u out

Last edited by a moderator:
kiba963 said:
where can I find pepakura files for these circled parts?

i know the thigh is on this thread just go a couple posts back,and i believe the gauntlets are as well,for the pad/strap over the shoulder i dont think there is a pep file for,the lower chest piece is being worked on now,the only shins and knees i know of are the weta version,and i dont think there is a cod piece(i guess thats what it is)

that cod piece i think does exhist but c'mon its such a simple piece why bother doing the model its probaly the easiest scratch build ever (for this costume anyway) and it looks like a soft piece so find some poly foam cut the shape from a template and put 2 straps with a metal ring and your done way faster and cheaper and nicer looking than the traditional fiber glass piece hope that helped.

the forearms im working on right now and i might give another model release as a sneak peak only deal.

the shoulder straps, again another soft part of the costume that can be done with template and some poly foam with a nylon strap running down the middle.

i have a middle piece file that i could release but nightshade expressed his intrest in the piece therefore no release from me.

I have a reworked model of the shin but i have no permission to release it.

BTW EDIT:

http://www.4shared.com/file/122760129/ce49d70e/forearm_tell_me_what_it_lacks.html

my newest odst forearm tell me what it needs

crackhead09 said:
that cod piece i think does exhist but c'mon its such a simple piece why bother doing the model its probaly the easiest scratch build ever (for this costume anyway) and it looks like a soft piece so find some poly foam cut the shape from a template and put 2 straps with a metal ring and your done way faster and cheaper and nicer looking than the traditional fiber glass piece hope that helped.

the forearms im working on right now and i might give another model release as a sneak peak only deal.

the shoulder straps, again another soft part of the costume that can be done with template and some poly foam with a nylon strap running down the middle.

i have a middle piece file that i could release but nightshade expressed his intrest in the piece therefore no release from me.

BTW EDIT:

http://www.4shared.com/file/122760129/ce49d70e/forearm_tell_me_what_it_lacks.html

I think its too box shaped,maybe make it rounder and make the other folds(the ones next to the middle thing)more hd,and maybe upgrade the elbow piece to hd.:)

Well I've already done the base of the other gauntlet,but not those detail pieces. So if someone would be kind enough to unfold it. :) I've got most stuff pepped. Gotta do some of the smaller detail pieces on the mid-section/chest and gauntlets, also gotta pep the pouches, thighs, shins and boots. Most of what is pepped has already been resined. I plan on glassing soon, woot.

I'll be working on the pouches and thighs later today. Thank you for the file crackhead. :) I plan on using foamies, probably, for the scales on the inside of the thigh. They would be flexible and should allow me a good range of motion.

I'd have to agree with Mjolnir Follower with making it more cylindrical,I think if you could make the indent on the bottom have a more rounded shape

crackhead09 said:

BTW EDIT:

it needs to be more rounded and where is the add numbers feature on pepakura 3?

another thing, how come the new ODST helmet files from the halo pepakura file index seems almost impossible to fold?

kiba963 said:
it needs to be more rounded and where is the add numbers feature on pepakura 3?

another thing, how come the new ODST helmet files from the halo pepakura file index seems almost impossible to fold?

for the numbers go to the 2d menu on the tool bar and then click show edge ID and for the ODST helm all i can say is to take ur time the only problem i had with it was the indented lines on the top and the rectangle on the forehead.

thanks. I'm just tying to make a full suit before the game comes out so I can go to the midnight release and show off.

Hey Crackhead, I just wanted you to know that I think your (older?) ODST gauntlet (on pg. 25 ... man, this thread is long) is very cool and not too difficult. My imput is this: sure, it could be more rounded, but as far as improvement goes, I think that there are a few areas with little extrusions that don't need to be there. These include the two thicker lines along the right side (if the elbow is closer to your) just after the elbow faces. I think some verts were accidently not merged there. (By the way, I'm looking at Harding29's unfold of the arm). Also, the squarish plate on the left side near the forearm opening. The wrist opening could be a bit smaller, and the entire gauntlet could be scaled down a bit in the Y-axis. The details on the top look very nice, although, from a modeler's point of view, are just a tad bit asymmetrical between the right and left side. (Believe me, I know how frustrating some of the symmetry issues can get). Lastly, the bottom of the gauntlet is just a bit angular, but that's an easy fix. Keep in mind that I'm looking at the pep release of the older version. I'm sure that the newer release is better, but I can't look at MetaSeq files. Anyway, please don't take this negatively, I'm just trying to be helpful.

Ok, guys, because I haven't recieved any criticism on the center plate, I'm assuming that it's been approved by the public, so here's the link. Unfolders (*cough cough* Ral Partha *cough cough*), here you go:

Center Equiptment Plate

Up next ... well, I guess the backpack. It seems as if we've just about got the whole suit completed.

GREAT JOB ON ALL THE MODELING, UNFOLDING, AND HARD WORK THAT YOU'VE ALL DONE! IT LOOKS LIKE WE'VE GOT THIS JOB ALMOST WRAPPED UP!

Completed Pieces:

Helmet(s) - Big thanks to Rundown, those models are incredible

Chestplate - Nightshade, after a lot of editing

Chest Pouches - Nightshade and Crucible

Center E. Plate - Almost released, Nightshade

Side Plates - Nightshade

Belt Buckle - Nightshade

Gauntlets - Crackhead(ITW)(and Th3 FETT MAN)

Shoulders - Nightshade

Thighs - Crackhead

Boot Plates - Th3 FETT MAN

(I don't know if the sniper plates count

because I don't know if they're gonna be in

the official release of the game)

What's Left for Project: ODST

Backpack

Final Goggle Release (still need some ref pics!)

Any other back pieces

I'm not really sure where the lower legs stand (no pun intended). I understand that some people just wanted to use the old WETA models, which is fine with me. I haven't really looked at those, though.

Shade

Nightshade said:
(I don't know if the sniper plates count

because I don't know if they're gonna be in

the official release of the game)

i belive the sniper plates count since there in the ViDoc so im guessing theylle be released in the game and im unfolding ur middle equip plate now should be up tonight

i made the side equip plates the same height as the center one i changed them in my other post just letting anyone u downloaded the other ones know.

well i do have have a reworked torso file making the collar closer to the neck and reduced and polys but i cant get in contact with the creator to ask for permission to release the edit.

as for my forearm, MQO files can be opened with pepakura thats why i use the program, but anyway that top forearm piece is now symetrical. I dont really know what people are getting at it needing to be more rounded (sorry my mind works with simpler means less work sorry to those who want a super HD piece) and i think i have a better understanding of what the arm looks like now since i've seen the photo album so to me i think the unreleased forearm i have looks spot on and is still getting work so no one unfold anything till i say.

As for the future i do plan on doing the different unique parts of the other squad members special armor, like bucks knife and radio helmet antennae and Dare's unique torso piece and so on. but if someone else is doing it keep going as im sure it will be better than what i can muster up.

EDIT:

btw heres my reworked forearm

http://www.4shared.com/file/123013718/8d09801b/forearm_hd.html

All i have to say is crackhead is a monster,forearm looks great,cant wait for all the other pieces,keep up the good work,ima unfold the forearm today.Oh and just to let everyone know that tomorrow im goin to be pulling an all nighter since friday morning im leaving for Destine Florida yay so hit me up on XBL and im sure ill be on the forums

I'm gonna print the helmet and chest piece today.

When are the goggles for Romeo's helmet going to be finished?

I scaled the chest to fit mine and this happend.

what do i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back