Bulbxsaur

Hey guys thanks for stopping by, i just recently bought a Bambu labs x1c and now making a Halo infinite Chief suit. Iv gotten some progress done and thought i would share and hopefully get some good tips and maybe help other also! so far on the helmet i went ahead and scaled it to 100% from instinct creatives Master chief files. This particular helmet is the Halo series helmet. (i might make the infinite one also not sure)
20240907_184757[1].jpg
20240907_184817[1].jpg
I then began the process of weathering the piece with some watered down black acrylic paint, patting down to get rid of the excess and the helmet started to get its final look. Likewise i used a cheap brush and spraypainted some chrome spray paint and brushed it on the corners to give it that scratched look. after i went ahead and sealed it all with a matte clear coat.
20240912_183518[1].jpg
Then i went ahead and ordered a "Master Chief light kit" from a seller on etsy which ill paste the url for anyone interested https://www.etsy.com/listing/1268483575/master-chief-led-kit
the quality was great and since I'm not the best with wiring i opted to purchase this kit. I secured it to the inside using hot glue just finding a place to put the wires so there not in the way nothing special here.
20240926_135757[1].jpg
ill be cleaning up the inside of the helmet later, i also purchased a vac forming box from a great seller on etsy also from PVWoodshop. I then started to give vacuum forming a shot. I had purchased what i thought was PETG, that turned out to be PET and once i started heating it turned white and had no clarity. I then ordered some actual PETG .06mm and the problem went away. I first had a mold with 15% infill and 2walls and when i began to form over it, my buck began to melt (printed in petg)
After reaching out to N8TEBB and doing some digging I printed a new buck with 8 walls and 10% infill which solved my problem and the buck did not melt. Before forming i placed the buck in my freezer for about 5min and once the plastic was placed over, and vacuum sucked, I misted with a spray bottle to cool it faster along with hitting it with my air compressor.
20240925_120545[1].jpg
20240925_120541[1].jpg

Then again i followed N8TEBB's tutorial along with the galactic armory for tinting the visor using yellow idye poly, turns out i only had one packet, but it worked none the less. Then polished with some plastic polish scratch remover i got at my local AutoZone.
20240925_164848[1].jpg
20240925_164236[1].jpg

I then sprayed with my airbrush and used a chrome spray and this was the result.
20240925_181326[1].jpg
20240925_181228[1].jpg
20240925_181304[1].jpg
So that is the Helmet so far! I do have a few more pieces that I'm finishing up, which i will post soon! I'm hoping the helmet is not too big i don't think it is but i might have to remake it at 95% for a really snug fit, but not sure yet until i have a few more pieces done to see how it looks. i did make one at 90% and it was too tight so it will be my sons lol. worst case i need to make another one at 95% and ill just sell this one. although i will make it using the exact same process. Thanks for stopping by yall, looking forward to more progress coming soon!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back