Halo Reach: Custom Noble 6 EVA costume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
And with the boots done, I did a full test fit to make sure everythings ok! The thighs need a bit of padding to stop from falling down but all in all I'm pretty happy with it :)
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.49 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.49.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.48 (4).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.48 (2).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.48 (3).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.48 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.48.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-09-10 at 16.51.49 (2).jpeg

!!!HUGE UPDATE!!!

I got it all painted!
Here's some pictures!! (Without the knee pads because I've yet to get an under suit to veclro them to)
I'll be attempting to make the Gungnir helmet also, but for now I'll go helmetless :p
Hope you like it :)

(Excuse the derpy faces)

WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 23.42.33 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 23.42.33 (2).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 23.42.33.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 23.42.34 (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2017-09-25 at 23.42.34.jpeg

BUT WHERE IS THE REST OF HER?????? Did you kill your mom and just put her feet in the picture? What for? Your sick!!!!!! Great suit though. Good job.

Glad I'm here to amuse you. But really, the suit looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

Glad I'm here to amuse you. But really, the suit looks fantastic. Keep up the good work.

I'll try my best! After I make the helmet I think I'll be done making full suits for a while. I improved my build time from my ODST build though, that took me 3 years on and off and this took about 4 months! :)

This is the exact LED's I've been using, Blue 12V 5cm LED Strip | maplinIreland picked them up here in Ireland but I'm sure you can find similar stuff where ever you are. They are battery operated, I've been using 9V batteries to power mine, you can use lower voltage batteries for shorter strips but the 9V is pretty good for battery life!

Great job! Just a quick question: Do the strip still work if you cut the piece you need?

Quick update!

After a few attempts and various pep files, I finally made the helmet!
I decided to go with the Gungnir helmet, yes the one with no visor xD
Kind of a dumb move on my part giving up visibility but I just love this helmet so much, its awesome!
Anyway, its not painted yet or anything, I literally just finished making it.
WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 23.08.23 (1).jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 23.08.23.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2017-11-01 at 23.08.23 (2).jpeg

And it looks great!!!!! You definitely need a handler when wearing this.....as far as visibility goes.....you might use a standard door peephole. It gives you a wide angle of vision. The down side of that is that the peephole is small......very small. Another way, a bit pricey, is a smartphone w/ a micro-camera. Someone here did it this way but I just can't find the thread.

Another option is to buy a cheapo version of a GoPro like the SJCam and carve out a hole for the lens and a slot to hold the camera body in. You'd effectively be looking through a dash cam all day. I use an SJCam on a rail mount for my paintball gun on mission days and it's battery life is fantastic and would be able to make it through a full day at a convention.

And it looks great!!!!! You definitely need a handler when wearing this.....as far as visibility goes.....you might use a standard door peephole. It gives you a wide angle of vision. The down side of that is that the peephole is small......very small. Another way, a bit pricey, is a smartphone w/ a micro-camera. Someone here did it this way but I just can't find the thread.

I did something along those lines with my first iteration of the helmet, but I did it with an old camera, the quality was meh but the frame rate was enough to make anyone puke after using it to see xD I'm pretty afraid to start carving holes in this helmet, so I might only wear the helmet for pictures

It still look super cool though......Fantastic work.

Nicely done TheSafariMan. I always have to give a bigger kudos to those that build this helmet......you just can't see out of these w/o some serious help.....either a door peephole or a mini cam that is hooked up to a phone's camera, like a VR goggle. Great job TheSafariMan!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back