Hd Hayabusa Helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
box o crayons said:
nice looks awsome but could you separate the crown from the helmet so that its easier to scale

It is seperated.

Last edited by a moderator:
box o crayons said:
i mean like placed next to the helmet so that you dont need to use a special scaleing program

Oh ok.

give me like 2 mins and I'll show you and tell me if its right.

*edit

I put the file right next to the other link if you want it.

perfect thanks ill start unfolding right away

edit: i also think you just made a wonderfull way to mold this baby too with it being in seperate parts

box o crayons said:
perfect thanks ill start unfolding right away

edit: i also think you just made a wonderfull way to mold this baby too with it being in seperate parts

Yeah, I never really thought of that. That does seem like it would be a whole lot easier.

Sorry for those of you guys that have started to unfold this or have even started to build this but I have noticed a slight problem. There was just a slight problem in the geometry as you can see here.

1.jpg

2.jpg

If you know anything about 3D modeling you will know that you never are supposed to have a polygon that has more than 4 sides. The goal is to have 4 sides but sometimes you have to suffice with 3. When I was modeling it I didn't realize that I had a couple of polys that had 5 sides.

Here is the link to the new pep file. I will also be posting them at my 1st post of this topic.
http://www.4shared.com/file/106858978/f028...usa_Helmet.html

Now to talk to those of you that have already started unfolding this or have even finished unfolding this. I am very sorry about causing this trouble. I think if you want to continue to use your unfolds you should be fine considering the polygons that are messed up are fairly flat. I am posting the new files though so that way the community will have error free models making everything much easier for them. Like I said I am very sorry and I do believe you unfolds will still be able to be built.

adventSpartanMatrix said:
any advice on scaling the thing

The helmet's scale is base of the scale of the base helmet without the crown on. I am guessing it should be right about the same as a MK VI (maybe a little bigger). I think 29, 30cm max should do it. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back