Hd Perm Models Starting Cqb Helmet Done

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do agree with you guys :) These would fall under, what I considered an "Expert" level due to the small precise folds. Something like the old skool Halo 2 files, would be "beginner" and stuff like my ODST stuff would be "medium". We have been discussing it, and I'll do what I can to get something together.

There's an organization hierarchy I kinda gotta keep in mind before I start posting and sticking, and just have to let some fellow mods know.

JUst be patient :) All the hard work you guys have been putting in has been noticed :)

Skullcandy Girl said:
I do agree with you guys :) These would fall under, what I considered an "Expert" level due to the small precise folds. Something like the old skool Halo 2 files, would be "beginner" and stuff like my ODST stuff would be "medium". We have been discussing it, and I'll do what I can to get something together.

There's an organization hierarchy I kinda gotta keep in mind before I start posting and sticking, and just have to let some fellow mods know.

JUst be patient :) All the hard work you guys have been putting in has been noticed :)

Well, I think the fact that the moderating team has taken note of this is enough for all the hard working designers such as FS, Robo, Nugget, Crackhead, and yourself to be satisfied in knowing that much. Thanks for your moderating assistance :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've done very little when it come to these models, but I've been thinking about how to organize this stuff, because all the HD models are now out.

I understand that the sticky clean-up thing has been going on for a while now. With that said, I think that this should be treated like the other stickes that have been "cleaned": Have only the OP locked and stickied, and make a discussion topic where members can, well, discuss the models. Each part of the armor would be labeled with the name of the modeler and what piece it is...

All of the pieces would be Master Chief sized, the scaling instructions "Your height in inches, divied by 86. Multiply that answer by the default height of the model.", with an example of it after...

OR, a new Tutorial on how to make pep armor could be made, explaining every step, this has been done before but never into great detail, like could be done now, that all the models are out....

BUT, there are different unfolds of different models, different sizes of paper ect. so one condensed file is pretty much un-doable.

I think an absolute tutorial should be made, a place to send all the noobs to, one that holds your hand through every step, explaining everything, then have a separate thread for discussion, like what has been done to a few stickies already.

I would be more that happy to make the tutorial, as long as that is a plausible idea, I don't want to make the tut, then have it never have it used. 'Even have it approved by Moderator/Staff member, before it's posted, to make sure nothing is left out or over looked.

So, what do you think? ("You" being anyone who is reading this topic.)

I think that we all (including the moderators) have a basic idea, and understanding, of what should be done. Like SKG said, the mod team has noticed, and is looking into it. I'm pretty sure they also have the same ideas as you as to how to condense the information contained in these files, and pages and pages of threads and tutorials. As far as action to take, There's a handful of members who are ready to jump right in on the task, and make it happen right away. This is a great thing, and will create a very fast and united effort towards this goal. I think we will probably have to wait for the moderating team to establish a basic plan of what they would like to see happen, even if it's similar to yours, and then give the task to us members to accomplish. We all have great ideas, and ambitions, and will be ready when the time comes to create whatever the moderating team hands us.

Thought some users might like to see the pepakura screenshots of these beautiful designs.

cod piece

cod.gif

Shin(s) piece(s)

shins.gif

Thigh pieces

thighs.gif

Bed time for me now. I've gotta work in six hours :p

Zaso, I completely agree with you, I am very confident that the mods will come up with an idea. My idea is nothing new, it has already been done with a few stickies. The only new thing I'm suggesting is that a new tutorial be made, with the completion of the HD models.

Edit: >.< I knew the cod piece could be unfolded better than what I did. Great Job, Ral Partha!! Yours is much more symmetrical than mine, I think I know which one I'm going to build. ;p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gamerguy55 @ Jul 9 2008, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Edit: >.< I knew the cod piece could be unfolded better than what I did. Great Job, Ral Partha!! Yours is much more symmetrical than mine, I think I know which one I'm going to build. ;p</div>
LOL! Don't sell yourself short. You did a good job too, considering that you haven't done a lot of unfolding before. After some practice unfolding and doing the builds, it becomes easier to see how a piece should be divied up during the unfold.

@Gokussj5okazu: good thing you did the ones with support struts. I promised earlier to do those but I kinda forgot. :p

Ral Partha said:
LOL! Don't sell yourself short. You did a good job too, considering that you haven't done a lot of unfolding before. After some practice unfolding and doing the builds, it becomes easier to see how a piece should be divied up during the unfold.

Gokussj5okazu: good thing you did the ones with support struts. I promised earlier to do those but I kinda forgot. :p

lol no prob. I was just needing them for tomorrow so I figured I'd do em'.

Crackhead - great job on all these! And you unfolders as well! They are one my list.

When we get to the "Ultimate Pep Tutorial", I volunteer to proof it (you know, spelling, punctuation, etc.). Have about 5 years of doing that. Or if it is started and viewable somewhere, then we could all make input as it is developed.

wow guys thanks for all the hard work unfolding this! for scaling i need to get in contact with i think robo so i could do his height scale if its possible to do it with my program and i'm sorry for the open edges with the supports to fix them either line up the pieces exatcly right so it prints it out perfectly or just add tabs. and SKG these are actually considered expert models!? i think i might die! and to those who have done more unfolds they will be promptly posted to the front page

No worries everyone, we're working on it, I promise :) A thing I'm leaning towards is locking the sticky threads. All the posting is what causes the confusion.

@Crackhead: I think so why not? No one else has had the time or drive to get us HD goodies. And these are accurate and well haha HD!

Wow, how could i not have noticed this? oh yeah i was on vacation....

Crackhead, this is an excellent addition to the file database, i think that with these done, we can finally say the HD suit is finished, but then again, everything could be outdone in some way.

I would build this in a heartbeat, but the powers that be have forced me not to, due to lack of time/resources.

Oh, and GG55, the "master tutorial" has been in the air for a few months now, probably even before that. I gave my pep tutorial as a little base to bounce off of, but i have yet to finish that.

You know what i think? MAKE A WIKIBOOK. its free, isnt it? and there is no limit on how big it has to be, and can incorporate all the chapters (like chapter 1 is pep designer, chapter 2 is building, chapter 3 is glassing)

just a little idea on our options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back