Iron man helmet - Foam

Status
Not open for further replies.
you see thats how mine was suppoused to be lol how did you like made the top part , the biggest part of them all that goes on top of your head like its imposible to bend it with hands and glue the other parts ? as you can see mine i failed pretty damn bad and we are using the same files lol .
Hello 405th! Well i finally got around to finishing the iron man helmet but it still needs to be painted, strenghthened, blah blah blah. So here it is!

I was thinking to use these ski goggles for my halo suit but decided to try them with the iron man helmet instead so i wouldn't have to have light up eyes and go through all the trouble of the lights, wiring and all that stuff haha!
image.jpg

image1.jpg

image2.jpg

image3.jpg

image4.jpg

image5.jpg

image6.jpg

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

It still needs to be painted and everything else but i got it all together so next is sanding, strenghthing, then painting. I have a question though, do you use spraypaint with foam or the good old paint and brush?

Looks great, I love the blue of the goggles lenses.

To paint foam you need to seal it first, this is done by most people on here using Plasti-Dip, which you should be able to get from somewhere like Lowes, Home Depot, or some other hardware store. After that how you paint it is up to you, personally I use spray paint and then paint on some of the smaller details like weathering using a brush.

Be sure to keep us updated, squish

Thanks! I was gonna use the diluded glue sealing method i learnt from stealth from his foam armor making totorials.

Also good, just wanted to make sure you weren't just painting straight onto the foam :p

Like I said, the painting method is up to you, but if you want some good opinions (and not just mine) go check out the painting tutorial/help thread in the noob section, it should be stickied and much more help.

Also, I don't think I commented on it before, but your foam is pretty clean. You've done a good job.

Thanks! i told myself i needed to be really clean for this because it's really gonna be what everyone sees haha Thanks i'll go check that out right now!

Looking nice so far man. A heads up on the sealing I would steer clear of using glue PVA glue as it just peals of like sun burn. Plastidip is always gunna be your best bet. I tried PVA and when I masked off to paint my visor the tape pulled the paint off. Look forward to seeing how you get on with ths one, I should really finish my Ironman MK V off.

Haha yeah i got the idea to make the iron man helmet because i came across your build! You helmet looks SICK!

how did you accomplish the dome shape? just many parts or did you use some form of heat? sorry if I missed the post. /

-Gamma-

Sorry but no, I won't be lighting the eyes up, that's why I have the ski goggles already that color haha! And for the dome/top of the helmet (if that's what you are referring to) I just glued it how it was, I just was careful and really looked at the files on my computer as I glued it. Also! To update you all on my project, sometime today I will start on sealing the helmet as I have finally got my hands on some plastic-dip! (a black and red one) Yay! I'll try and get some pictures on tonight if I have time!

Update!

Hey guys! I plasti-dipped the helmet in red but i think it could use a layer or two yet so I'm gonna do that in black. Here are some pics!

Plasti-Dip1.jpg

Plasti-Dip2.jpg

Plasti-Dip3.jpg

Plasti-Dip4.jpg

Plasti-Dip5.jpg

Plasti-Dip6.jpg

Without lenses.
Plasti-Dip7.jpg

With lenses!
Plasti-Dip8.jpg

Thanks for looking! Please give advice and tips! Thanks!

Thanks but I'll go over it with the black to get ride of the few spots where its uneven. Then I'll start painting it!

Looking good there mate. You going to light the eyes up? I know you many have said earlier in the thread and I know I could read through it but Ive been in work all night so not ready for lots of reading.

Looking good there mate. You going to light the eyes up? I know you many have said earlier in the thread and I know I could read through it but Ive been in work all night so not ready for lots of reading.
No, the lights aren't going to be lit up, that's why the lenses are that colour.

Wasn't sure if they were a temp solution. Either way the helmet is looking good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back