Ironman Foam Builds (info added on page 1 for foam builds) Update on helmet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update time :)

Arms finished minus the wrist, inner and outer elbow coverings. The elbows are hinged, that was fun to do 0_o

IMG_1394_zps48b5ca81.jpg

IMG_1393_zps84e011ec.jpg

Popped my MK V helmet on to see what it's going to look like.

IMG_1395_zps6398594f.jpg

Hope you like it,
Tom.

Of course I like it Tom...IT'S AMAZING!!! You're making me want to build Iron Man real bad right now.:D

Lol. No you must finish off your suit first, rich coming from me I know :p

I'm definitely thinking that Iron Man is next, or coming up very soon, for me; at least the helmet. This is incredible! And the fact that it's foam is even more amazing. The angles and lines are so clean, and I think you've nailed the colors. Loving this!

Oh my, teach me your ways!! Haha! That looks so smooth and perfect. I will be referencing this in the future for sure.

I need to arrange to come visit you and take another look now it's all painted up :)
Need to go get that drink as well so could tie it in together!

But as everyone here as said. It really is amazing, I think your making the line between smooth pep work and foam work, incredibly thin! It's completly flawless :)

Paint job needs some weathering and maybe even serious battle damage... just to sell the entire thing a little better.
Not that it wouldn't work on its own ;) but I just prefer this kind of stuff to be overdone a bit... makes it pop some more!

When i read ur first sentence and looked how far u came with ur precision and smooth work i was just like WTF? u still learn? seems like u dont need to learn anything anymore. that armor is awesome . just awesome. as i said i will totally take this to make my second project . :$

Paint job needs some weathering and maybe even serious battle damage... just to sell the entire thing a little better.
Not that it wouldn't work on its own ;) but I just prefer this kind of stuff to be overdone a bit... makes it pop some more!

That is not the finished article my freind that's just the base coat. I may scuff it up some but for now I am leaving clean. I will be adding some shading till I decide how to proceed.

When i read ur first sentence and looked how far u came with ur precision and smooth work i was just like WTF? u still learn? seems like u dont need to learn anything anymore. that armor is awesome . just awesome. as i said i will totally take this to make my second project . :$

Well I must admit I am still learning but my ego is starting to get the better of me in respect to how clean my work is now :).
I just got a load of plastizote in the post today (a much more expensive foam) which I am hoping and after testing will take my foam work to the next level.....no the top level! The stuff is just amazing to work with and will be making casts of the helmet when I make it as I am that confident in the stuff.

I've seen several people on the rpf use it with great results Tom, so yours should be no different. You always produce amazing results, you da man when it comes to foam. Looking forward to the next update buddy!:D

O_____o

GGAAAAAAHHHHHHHH. I don't even know what to say, dude. ... Have some Shwarma?

I just wanted to say that I think that your work is amazing! Really inspirational. I'm gonna have to look into foam building now and it's all your fault. I'd imagine that you get results quicker than using pep, resin and filler. I'm just wondering if I actually have the skill and artistic vision for this work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back