Minor damage to top-coat, hoping I can fix without too much trouble...

RamenN00dl3

So I have a bit of scratching and rubbed-off top-coat on my thigh pieces due to them hitting each other a bit when I walk. My topcoat is Krylon Fusion All-In-One Satin Clear. As you can see in the images below, it has flaked up in a few spots. My concern is if I simply reapply more top-coat that it won't bond properly and could cause more issues. At the same time, I recognize that it probably won't make this issue completely disappear and that I'll be left with some visible marks. I am ok with visible marks, I just want the actual paint to be protected. Any suggestions? I'm not sure what the best course of action is here since these are rather large pieces and I honestly don't have the energy or time to completely strip and repaint the entire thing, so any fix, even if it leaves some minor marks, is welcome. Thanks!

2024-04-08 15.13.14.jpg

2024-04-08 15.13.19.jpg

20240112_012617049_iOS.jpg
20240113_142950539_iOS.jpg
I had the same issue where the thigh pieces rub together. I recoated them with some black paint and they seem to be holding up pretty good! I'll probably have to recoat them again eventually, but the paint of the second coat is not holding worse than the first coat did. My pieces are foam and I just sprayed directly over top of the old paint. If you pieces are printed, it may be worth doing a light sanding just to make sure the paint holds well. Let us know how it works!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back