New member, start of a build

Personally... i don't know that I'd bother condensing. I'm a fan of printing in "one at a time" mode anyway. "Object Order" to this slicer.
Complete one part fully then the next. Much cleaner parts most of the time. Having 10 parts to a plate and all that travel doesn't reduce overall job time.

Personally... i don't know that I'd bother condensing. I'm a fan of printing in "one at a time" mode anyway. "Object Order" to this slicer.
Complete one part fully then the next. Much cleaner parts most of the time. Having 10 parts to a plate and all that travel doesn't reduce overall job time.
That's fair. I was kinda looking at it and was thinking it's gonna get pretty unorganized real quick if I try to do that.

it's gonna get pretty unorganized real quick
Totally. I opened a feature request ticket with Orcaslicer hoping to get the ability to re-order plates.
There's a pull request from a develop who added a "move to front" ability that at least would let you move the current working plate to the first slot - it has not yet been merged however. But it would be a start on tracking what plate to do next, at least.

Should I print the whole knee assembly in TPU or just the kneecap itself?
Mine are all solid just because I like armor to be armor and I find it easier to sand and paint. There was enough room to wear a foam construction kneecap inside which both helps hold the part from rotating and provides a cushion when you take a knee. That's me. Next person might have a different plan that is more right for them.
1723765882496.png

Totally. I opened a feature request ticket with Orcaslicer hoping to get the ability to re-order plates.
There's a pull request from a develop who added a "move to front" ability that at least would let you move the current working plate to the first slot - it has not yet been merged however. But it would be a start on tracking what plate to do next, at least.

Mine are all solid just because I like armor to be armor and I find it easier to sand and paint. There was enough room to wear a foam construction kneecap inside which both helps hold the part from rotating and provides a cushion when you take a knee. That's me. Next person might have a different plan that is more right for them.View attachment 351208
Yeah, I wasn't sure how easy TPU would be to sand and paint... I would prefer to not use TPU, but I'll see when I get there.

Update time! Taking inventory of armor parts and setting up what I still need to print. (Edit: Not all the parts are pictured here...and I forgot about the boot armor, so that still needs printed, but still...)

As of this time, the armor is completely printed! Onto the backpack!
20240905_171838.jpg20240905_171858.jpg
While that is ongoing, I have begun the sanding process. And even though I told myself not to, I started with one of the most expensive parts, the buck. As you can see, I got a little to aggressive with it, and will probably need to add a little filler to it. I did figure out a good system for the other parts. I did 2 passes of 100, 240, and 600 grains and it came out pretty smooth using my random orbital. Will go back in with a mouse sander to try and hit the details. Anything too small for the mouse will get hand sanded, but that's gonna wait until the end.

20240907_171639.jpg20240907_173115.jpg20240907_190842.jpg20240907_193123.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back