Props ODST Boots

mrc0369

Made some boots out of HD EVA foam and 3D printed parts and some old Ecco shoes. Haven’t tested them out at an event yet but they seem to hold up pretty good walking around the house.

Attachments

• IMG_6271.jpeg
    IMG_6271.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6353.jpeg
    IMG_6353.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6350.jpeg
    IMG_6350.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_6169.jpeg
    IMG_6169.jpeg
    726.6 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6171.jpeg
    IMG_6171.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_6279.jpeg
    IMG_6279.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 39
Those boots look amazing man! I'd say if you make your whole suit to that quality you should have tier 3 deployment rather comfortably!
What's the ankle mobility on them like?

Ooh. I like this a lot better than the boots I was thinking of using. I have some questions.

What size foam did you use? And how did you attach it to the shoe? Looks like you painted your shoe, too.

Those boots look amazing man! I'd say if you make your whole suit to that quality you should have tier 3 deployment rather comfortably!
What's the ankle mobility on them like?
Thanks! The kit is all printed from Galactic Armory's "Rookie" files. The ankle mobility is pretty stiff but does well walking up and down stairs.

Ooh. I like this a lot better than the boots I was thinking of using. I have some questions.

What size foam did you use? And how did you attach it to the shoe? Looks like you painted your shoe, too.
I used 10mm for the sole, 5mm for the covering over the top of the shoe and on the heel, and 5mm to make the part that goes around the sole. I used shoe glue to attach the shoe to the sole.

Attachments

• IMG_6018.jpeg
    IMG_6018.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_6019.jpeg
    IMG_6019.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 21
  • IMG_6101.jpeg
    IMG_6101.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
I used 10mm for the sole, 5mm for the covering over the top of the shoe and on the heel, and 5mm to make the part that goes around the sole. I used shoe glue to attach the shoe to the sole.
Thanks. I'm gonna have to look at doing that...did you work the foam into the tread of your shoes?

Thanks. I'm gonna have to look at doing that...did you work the foam into the tread of your shoes?
Since the shoes were old, the tread was worn down and the soles were fairly smooth. This helped with gluing them to the foam. Some parts I sanded down to smooth it out a bit.

Did you get the layout for the boots on the forum?
Not for the boots. I basically came up with it on my own after watching various YouTube videos of people making lifted cosplay shoes/boots out of eva foam. The boots on the picture I just added is what I used for reference.

Attachments

• IMG_5949.jpeg
    IMG_5949.jpeg
    220.4 KB · Views: 12

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back