That really looks nice! nice work! I was looking at those kustom canz because they do candy coat directly through a can. I'm looking forward to how that particular paint works.

That really looks nice! nice work! I was looking at those kustom canz because they do candy coat directly through a can. I'm looking forward to how that particular paint works.
Yeah its really interesting ! Though saying an airbrush/hvlp finish from a spray can is a really high claim... and with recent results... hopefully it was just a defective can because I really want to like this brand ...

Just a small update, I contacted customer service and they're sending another can of chromacoat that (hopefully) wont leak. I just wanted to play it safe because I have so little as it is, and a leaking can means loss of pressure and loss of paint. I'll include a picture of the leak.
1695683714672.png

Starting a plasma rifle build ! Im going to take my time on this one and make it absolutely perfect. Heres a picture of what I have printed so far, with a banana (lol) for scale. More info concerning paints and other plans coming soon !View attachment 334526
I feel like the banana should become the default scaling reference for all cosplay props... Lol.

This thing looks amazing! Great job.

Holy cow I can't wait to see your final product! You have to show us a dark photo so we can see the glow. And I love your paint choice! And you are on the right track to get your cool hex pattern effect. I see people do something similar with a carbon fiber look:
good looking out i need to surf you tube some time. great find

Just a small update, I contacted customer service and they're sending another can of chromacoat that (hopefully) wont leak. I just wanted to play it safe because I have so little as it is, and a leaking can means loss of pressure and loss of paint. I'll include a picture of the leak.
View attachment 336374
if you like it spray a flat part of some thing so if you want more you can go to a auto shop and they can mix it right there because they can scan it and the computer will tell them how to make it.

if you like it spray a flat part of some thing so if you want more you can go to a auto shop and they can mix it right there because they can scan it and the computer will tell them how to make it.
Even with color changing cans ? Also do they sell it in aerosol ?

Even with color changing cans ? Also do they sell it in aerosol ?
they can mix it so you can use it in a airbrush or they can put it in a spray can. also if you look at your local wal-mart in the spray section they have color changing paints they have some that are rattle cans and they have the folk art i attached a picture of the paint i was Suprised checking there

Attachments

• FolkArt-Acrylic-Paint-Set-Color-Shift-Metallics-Gloss-Finish-6-Pieces.png
    FolkArt-Acrylic-Paint-Set-Color-Shift-Metallics-Gloss-Finish-6-Pieces.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 85
  • shift purple.jpeg
    shift purple.jpeg
    653.2 KB · Views: 76
they can mix it so you can use it in a airbrush or they can put it in a spray can. also if you look at your local wal-mart in the spray section they have color changing paints they have some that are rattle cans and they have the folk art i attached a picture of the paint i was Suprised checking there
Huh interesting. Ive tried some of the color changing rattle cans from walmart and theyre okay, just not as good quality so thats why I went with the more expensive ones this time. I will however have to check out the auto shop thing and see the pricing on that because i havent heard that option before... Thank you so much for all the advice as well !

Its been a bit. Apologies for that. Life has been uber busy. But anyways, here we are, pretty much ready to put the matte hex pattern on. Ive put it on a test spoon and it looks okay, i dont really like how big the spacing is between the hex pattern but it works i guess.
20231011_153731.jpg

Its really faint but i think thats okay, so hopefully if i screw it up itll have less damage haha. I should get to that today, if all goes well.

Can't believe I forgot to post the finished photos... anyways, here they are for those that didn't see them on instagram when i posted them like... months ago lol
IMG_8731.JPG
IMG_8721.JPG

IMG_9116.JPG
IMG_9118.JPG

These last 2 are some that went on the instagram, but i personally think the top ones capture the color changing paint really well. I ended up not even using the stencils in an effort to just get the project completed. Unfortunately, only a few weeks after it was posted and declared finished, it was toppled from the top shelf of a bookshelf by my beloved cat :'). At the moment, it lies in pieces, the two main body parts as well as almost all of the fins detached. I don't know if I'm going to redo the project or not at the moment. RIP
1726812315042.png

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back