Project Cloverfield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sean Bradley said:
I'll have to PM it to you. it's a rapidshare download, I'm still not sure how to watch it, since its not hosted like that.
I DL'ed the pics , but I'm at work now... Have to send that later.
Cool, I'll check it out later too. Back to work for me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Skullcandy Girl said:
So wait I was kind of on the right track? Yeahs :D I wanna see!

just post the link here under spoilers? i mean if imdb.com has links to pictures taken of the screen in a theater, then i think we should be just fine.

The clip isn't easily viewable. It isn't hosted properly to view on an online .flv viewer.. I don't even know what it is yet, I haven't been able to view the file. And I wouldn't want to rickroll you all with some pron or something if it isn't for real.

Patience, if it's for real I'll post it here as soon as it's viewable..

I will post the comparison pics (as spoilers) as soon as I go home for lunch today.

And yes Skullcandy, I think you were right, theres a major scale difference in the two creatures, as you pointed out earlier in this thread.

Sean Bradley said:
The clip isn't easily viewable. It isn't hosted properly to view on an online .flv viewer.. I don't even know what it is yet, I haven't been able to view the file. And I wouldn't want to rickroll you all with some pron or something if it isn't for real.

Patience, if it's for real I'll post it here as soon as it's viewable..

I will post the comparison pics (as spoilers) as soon as I go home for lunch today.

fine :p

thats cool... too bad it didnt have pix... cuz im still not sure what it looked like... i mena in some scenes is was standing (and looking like something like a Corpsers out of GoW), on others is looked like a giant geko... shipping 9/30/08, wow, thats a little late for movie parifinalia.

Dont worry about it Sean... what was it anyways?

Bah you're not gullible.

That's funny Hasbro is making the monster toy! It's awful thing to say, but will it have Hud chomping action too?

Adam sez it was just a dumb homemade clip of some kid dancing. It looked legit, especially with the description. I should know better than to trust a vid file in such a wierd format.

:oops:

But anyway I do have the pics still and if I can ever get a damn lunchbreak today, I'll go home and get them.. when you see them it kinda all comes together.

I totally understand the possibility for a sequel now... I think that they had this in mind from the start.

shipping 9/30/08, wow, thats a little late for movie parifinalia.

I suspect there going to try to keep the creature under wraps until after the DVD release... it's amazing what lengths they're going to to both encourage fan speculation and squash internet leaks..

Sean Bradley said:
Adam sez it was just a dumb homemade clip of some kid dancing. It looked legit, especially with the description. I should know better than to trust a vid file in such a wierd format.

:oops:

But anyway I do have the pics still and if I can ever get a damn lunchbreak today, I'll go home and get them.. when you see them it kinda all comes together.

I totally understand the possibility for a sequel now... I think that they had this in mind from the start.
I suspect there going to try to keep the creature under wraps until after the DVD release... it's amazing what lengths they're going to to both encourage fan speculation and squash internet leaks..

hah well better that than something else XO Yeah I saw that too, wows! Sound slike a huge toy. I doubt I'd buy it, I'd rather get a Gundam model :D

Hah yeah gotta protect those IP's

dacacheman said:
a buddy of mine is at full sail university in florida with some guy who worked on it, says that nobody knows what the monster is, not even the actors, the only people that konw are the CG guys who are additing it in last. my prediction is its the monsters from "Where the wild things are" childrens book. thats what the sillhouttes look like

They roared their terrible roars and gnashed their terrible teeth and rolled their terrible eyes and showed their terrible claws in the land where the wild things are.lol

It's too bad the monster figure is $100...I'm interested in seeing how they are going to have 70 points of articulation...it should be pretty sweet. Especially with 10 parasites!

Heres my spoiler post, do not read unless you have seen the movie and want to know more about it.

The pics I found this morning got me thinking more about the 'Cloverfield Monster" and how they could consider making a sequel to a movie that was so dependant on the slow reveal of the creature. Answer: We still haven't seen the big one yet, at least not clearly. Cloverfield 2 is going to be about the BIG ONE!

The producer J.J. Abrams says, "The concept for the monster is simple. He's a baby. He's brand-new. He's confused, disoriented and irritable. And he's been down there in the water for thousands and thousands of years."

My understanding of the sequence of events is this:

1. Tagaruto or The Oil Rig disturbs the creatures in the deep sea.
2. The Oil rig is destroyed by unseen forces.
3. The US military (Navy) attacks the hell out of something at sea. (As seen here: http://bp2.blogger.com/_YPCf8JFgUdI/R4z4aK...800/11808-9.JPG )
4. An oil rig coming in to harbor at Manhattan is destroyed. ( as reported on the news broadcast in the movie )
5. A large explosion is seen from Rob's rooftop.
6. The head of the Statue of Liberty is tossed down Rob's street.
7. A very very large creature is seen in just a glimpse at the end of the street.
8. The tail of a very very large creature smashes the Manhattan Bridge.
9. Chaos ensures, a creature of questionable size runs amok in the city.

Heres what I think happened:

The mother followed the oil tanker (leaving the scene of the oil rig fiasco) back to manhattan with baby in tow after getting whalloped by the Navy gunships. The mother makes landfall (Explosion from Robs rooftop)after destroying the tanker and tearing up the Statue of Liberty. The mother retreats to the harbor (after which the Manhattan bridge is destroyed - noticably in the opposite direction from the monster the Army is fighting in the city), but the baby gets lost in the city, running amok in confusion. Baby eats Hud, all die. The end. Oh, except that Lily may have gotten away - ;)

Doesn't it look like there are two creatures in the radar image?

sonarzoomgl1.gif

The creature that we see from the helicopter near the end of the film (and through most of the movie) looks to be only about 30 feet tall. Look at the clip from Robs street again:

That one is at least 30 STORIES tall. Use the building it's closest to for reference.. Judge the distance from the shoulders to the hind quarters as it passes... it's much much larger than the building it's passing.. and it's in the distance, past the building.

Now remember that creature that you saw from the helicopter window, remember the scale of it compared to the buildings it was beside? Would a creature of that size be able to destroy the Manhattan bridge with it's tail in one fell swoop?

The secret of the Cloverfield Monster is that you still haven't really seen it yet. You've just seen it's baby. The way to make a sequel to a movie thats so dependant on the slow reveal of the creature is to distract you with a smaller one and to save the real Moster for the second movie. And whats so great about it is that everyone thinks they've seen it, but most people didn't recognize that it was two different creatures.

Now JJ Abrams said in an interview:

"The monster has a pretty consistent size in the film, and towards the end even though its shot in such a way that there is a perspective change that makes him look a bit smaller but it is in fact the monster at his biggest," he says.

Doesn't that sound like he's trying to cover up the fact that more people recognized the difference than he expected? He's just protecting the reveal for the next movie!

Well, I could go on and on about it. I'm sure you want to see those pics by now...

Baby:

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/Scar...01063281263.jpg

Momma!

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e90/Scar...01089057003.jpg

I'm not gonna actually post the pics themselves due to these pics being kinda a spoiler, and the movie is still recent. Just follow the link. Also I'd appreciate it if you guys would be cool about this and just save the pics to your computers, and don't flood my account with thousands of hits. Otherwise I'll have to take the pics down.

On a slightly less important note I was watching a show on the History channel on monday night called 'Life after People" and something caught my attention. The show said that the first plants that would be able to grow over the concrete of major cities would be clover, because clover doesn't need deep root structures because it can extract nitrogen from the air. The narrarator said that "highways and streets would turn into vast fields of clover" if humanity would happen to dissapear.

Coincidence?

Whattya think?

thats quite a coincidence sean. the name Cloverfield actually came from a street by mr. abram's office. it was a codename that stuck. the movie was origonally gonna be called Greyshot (wtf?)

abandonship said:
thats quite a coincidence sean. the name Cloverfield actually came from a street by mr. abram's office. it was a codename that stuck. the movie was origonally gonna be called Greyshot (wtf?)

Greyshot is the name of the small bridge that they hid under for the last scene of the movie.

Also, Sean, i like your conclusion, i think it fits in with the new pictures. i think adam posted the pic of the baby a few days before the release of it though.

Thanks for the input, glad you liked the theory. That was actually a different pic that Adam posted, it's the first one in this vid:

Also IMDB has some new info (within the last 2 days on the Cloverfield name:

Originally, "Cloverfield" was reported to be nothing more than an early working title, derived from the name of a street that JJ Abrams has an office on or near.

More recently, "Cloverfield" director Matt Reeves explained in a USA Today article that - within the context of the story itself - "Cloverfield" is the codename of the military operation dispatched to battle the monster.

Matt Reeves states that the title Cloverfield came from Drew Goddard, and was the misunderstood name of a corporation Paramount owns.

"When we started the project there was going to be an announcement in the trades. In this case, they wanted to keep everything under wraps. So the movie was going to be made under this outside corporation that was basically a property of Paramount. That corporation had a name that I dont know the name of. I think Clover was the first part of it. Maybe it was Cloverdale. When Drew [Goddard, LOST writer] was putting a name to the project, there was supposed to be a name for the project like there was for The Manhattan Project. So he said, "I am going to use that weird mysterious thing," and he misheard it. He didnt even understand that it wasnt Cloverfield, it was Cloverdale. Maybe that was because of the street by J.J.s old office, but the truth is he just misunderstood it."

I knew about the street name... I just though it was wierd coincidence... 'streets turning into fields of clover' and such.

indeed, i just thought is was cuz the front.... appendages looked the same.

if im looking at it right... the art came from the same guy who did the real concept drawing that u posted.

I'm pretty sure that that image (the one Adam posted) and a few of the others in that last vid were pre-visiualization concept renders, and yep I think they're probably all done by the same artist as the two images in my theory post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back