Reach Spartan III Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will I was planning on changing a few things, but it's gonna take awhile and it sounds like you guys want it:)
So here you go: dawnunderheaven.com
It's at the bottom.

And like I said before, once the game comes out I'll be making all kinds of game accurate models for everyone to enjoy.

Update Time!
Got a ton of stuff done.

Let's start off with my bicep pieces. Got them pretty much fiberglassed in the inside ready for the next step.
Bicep1.jpg

Next I got the outside of my thighs resined.
thigh2.jpg

I also resined part of my chest. Still a lot of work left on this sucker.
chest8.jpg
chest9.jpg

Got my handplates and knee caps rondoed up.
hand_knee1.jpg
hand_knee2.jpg

My shoulder guards are resined, 1 fiberglass, and partly bondo.
shoulders2.jpg
shoulders3.jpg

Last but not least, my Assault Rifle. Took some time to get a little further longer. Would really like to have this for the launch. A Spartan isn't a Spartan without a gun.
AR3.jpg

That's it! That was a lot of pictures, hope you all enjoy. Still have tons of work left.
Also if you missed my last post make sure to check it out. I uploaded my file for the chest piece for you all to enjoy.

Dude this looks very bad ass. I dont mean to disrespect your work but arent both of those thighs the same? I also noticed the same thing on the pep files for Reach Armor, they say left but its the same thing as the right one. Is that intentional? I would really appreciate an explanation.

Great job with the armor.

Thanks Ahead of Time.

Dude this looks very bad ass. I dont mean to disrespect your work but arent both of those thighs the same? I also noticed the same thing on the pep files for Reach Armor, they say left but its the same thing as the right one. Is that intentional? I would really appreciate an explanation.

Great job with the armor.

Thanks Ahead of Time.

In the picture I was just showing the inside and outside. The models are exactly the same, but there is a front and back to them.
So if you pepped just two lefts the right would have the front in the back. Hopefully that's the answer you were looking for.

May I ask where you got the pep files? Did you made them by yourself and if so are they for the public? Awesome work by the way!

May I ask where you got the pep files? Did you made them by yourself and if so are they for the public? Awesome work by the way!

I'm hoping to make as much public as possible. I'll be modeling as much Reach material as I can once the game comes out.
As of right now I have my shin and chest on our dawnunderheaven.com site under the content page.

Have another update for you guys. I've kind of worked on pretty much every single piece so I decided to put most of it all in one picture.
suit1.jpg

Most of it is held up by tape:)

I'll start from the top to bottom.

Helmet: More bondo and sanding, still need to work out most of the detail.
Chest: I readjusted the size making it more form fitting to me, outside is pretty much resined.
Shoulder Guards: All hardened, one slightly bondoed
Biceps: Almost done, still gonna add some more bondo
Forearms: Ready for bondo
Belt: Have front and back pieces fiberglassed up. Still trying to figure out how to put it all together.
Thighs: One partly fiberglassed
Shins: Fiberglassed, ready for bondo.
Gun: Just resined what I had done so far of the Assault Rifle, don't know if I'll have it ready for launch.

Missing in photo are my knees and handplates, pretty much done.

Still need to pep my stomach plate and boots.
More real soon to come, stay tuned.

I'm hoping to make as much public as possible. I'll be modeling as much Reach material as I can once the game comes out.
As of right now I have my shin and chest on our dawnunderheaven.com site under the content page.

Have another update for you guys. I've kind of worked on pretty much every single piece so I decided to put most of it all in one picture.
suit1.jpg

Most of it is held up by tape:)

I'll start from the top to bottom.

Helmet: More bondo and sanding, still need to work out most of the detail.
Chest: I readjusted the size making it more form fitting to me, outside is pretty much resined.
Shoulder Guards: All hardened, one slightly bondoed
Biceps: Almost done, still gonna add some more bondo
Forearms: Ready for bondo
Belt: Have front and back pieces fiberglassed up. Still trying to figure out how to put it all together.
Thighs: One partly fiberglassed
Shins: Fiberglassed, ready for bondo.
Gun: Just resined what I had done so far of the Assault Rifle, don't know if I'll have it ready for launch.

Missing in photo are my knees and handplates, pretty much done.

Still need to pep my stomach plate and boots.
More real soon to come, stay tuned.

how is he holding up that cod piece o_O

Hey, i think im going to be using your chest piece (Its the best looking out there to be honest.) and im wondering how you scaled yours. Im 6 ft right now, and was wondering at your height (however tall you may be) what height / scale you used/had/have. I want to get the scale right the first time so i dont have to waste cardstock.

Hey, i think im going to be using your chest piece (Its the best looking out there to be honest.) and im wondering how you scaled yours. Im 6 ft right now, and was wondering at your height (however tall you may be) what height / scale you used/had/have. I want to get the scale right the first time so i dont have to waste cardstock.

I'm 5' 8"

I used the size whats saved in the uploaded file. But I did some manual adjusting to make it fit better.

chestsize1.jpg

I cut about 1 1/2 inch where the front meets the back.

Then I removed this whole section to make it huge the body better.
chestsize2.jpg

Hope that helps. I'm not too good with sizing stuff.
I'm definitely going to be retooling the model once the game comes out, so it really has the right proportions.

I'm 5' 8"

I used the size whats saved in the uploaded file. But I did some manual adjusting to make it fit better.

http://dawnunderheaven.com/images/chestsize1.jpg[/IG]
I cut about 1 1/2 inch where the front meets the back.

Then I removed this whole section to make it huge the body better.
[IMG]http://dawnunderheaven.com/images/chestsize2.jpg[/IG

Hope that helps. I'm not too good with sizing stuff.
I'm definitely going to be retooling the model once the game comes out, so it really has the right proportions.[/QUOTE]
(Broke the codes so they dont show in my reply)

Awesome, thanks a lot! I'll be sure to try that, and hopefully it turns out well. I'll let you know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back