Reach Spartan III Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, im a little more than half way done with your chest pice. It is a beauty let me say. Once i get to resining and fiber glassing, then neck hole is going to be too small for my head to get through but in order for it to be sized right that is going to be an issue. So, as the modeler, where are you planning on cutting so you can fit into the armor?

Hope you answer soon!

I'll probably section right where I cut it to fit it.
Maybe put a hinge thing on top and clip thing on the bottom pieces.

I love how your helmet is coming along. It's looking phenomenal. Also, I plan on pepping your chest piece soon. It's very accurate.

Hey, lganderson how have you been resining in cold weather... getting cold here in Montana too. I don't want quit working for a couple of months because its cold. any tips

Hey, lganderson how have you been resining in cold weather... getting cold here in Montana too. I don't want quit working for a couple of months because its cold. any tips

Yea, it hasn't gotten to cold yet here, but at night it gets pretty chilly.

I have been thinking about that too, and don't really have an answer. I just have an unheated garage.
So we might just get some kind of ceramic heater or something, and then just wear respirators all the time until we can air it out.
We'll see what happens, but I definitely don't want to stop working.

I'll probably section right where I cut it to fit it.
Maybe put a hinge thing on top and clip thing on the bottom pieces.
Interesting. Well be sure to tell me how thats goes. Im like, 75% done now. Just need to to the sides.

EDIT:: So, just finished the sides and was wondering how you (as your were saying and showed me earlier) connected the two pieces on the side when you removes the other piece.

Replacement.jpg

Interesting. Well be sure to tell me how thats goes. Im like, 75% done now. Just need to to the sides.

EDIT:: So, just finished the sides and was wondering how you (as your were saying and showed me earlier) connected the two pieces on the side when you removes the other piece.

Replacement.jpg

It was pretty ugly, just basically tape and then resined it. Gonna make it look nice with bondo.

looking very nice. I like how you shrunkt he chest. I find a lot of them are designed for guys with huge chests, like a spartan. not like a nomral guy. haha

Really good progress so far!
I was figuring out how to scale your shin and I read this thread.. Surprisingly you're 5'8 and I'm.. 5'7 :p
Win.
I'll go right ahead with the default size.
I'm also planning on using your chest file as well. I'm loving the detail on it! The only problem is that I'm pretty skinny sooo my upper body fails at filling the Reach chest. I was thinking of cutting the sides too but since you had to cut them I'm feeling that it'll still be too big on me.
I'll be watching for any updates on that chest!

Anthony

Helmet Complete

Helmet is ready for duty!

helmet15.jpg

Excited to show this baby off at the launch.

Goodluck everyone getting your copy of Reach and I'll see you online!
(watch your back... you've been assassinated!)

awesome O_O!!! I'm no where near where you are, and im using the earlier models so my chest piece isn't as accurate but Im guessing your new goal is to finish by Halloween?

awesome O_O!!! I'm no where near where you are, and im using the earlier models so my chest piece isn't as accurate but Im guessing your new goal is to finish by Halloween?

Yea, I'd like to get it done as soon as possible but it would be awesome to have it ready by Halloween.

The helmet looks so sweet! I hope mine turns out that well. I just finished fiberglassing it.

Hey, question again, did you use structural supports, i know the pep model doesnt have them. D:

I'd hate to resin it and have it warp.

The helmet looks so sweet! I hope mine turns out that well. I just finished fiberglassing it.

Hey, question again, did you use structural supports, i know the pep model doesnt have them. D:

I'd hate to resin it and have it warp.

i suggest u use structural support or put it on a body cast of urself, cuz mine warped severely that i had to cut the lower armor parts and will now have to reattach them seperately.

btw iganderson how'd you get the curvier ear parts? did u build up layers of bondo?

i suggest u use structural support or put it on a body cast of urself, cuz mine warped severely that i had to cut the lower armor parts and will now have to reattach them seperately.

btw iganderson how'd you get the curvier ear parts? did u build up layers of bondo?

I used the foam core technique for my chest, worked great but a little more work.

And yes I built up bondo for the ear parts, but I'm gonna see what I can do in a new 3d model for the helmet.

Awesome work man,

How do you get these painting effekts?!
How far are you with the AR ?!

I spend last night 4 hours for bondo and sanding my Helmet and it is only the halt finished. I use a very fine bondo, but you have to sanding it within 3-6 hours otherwise it get to hard and you can't sanding any more. But it works very well

Awesome work man,

How do you get these painting effekts?!
How far are you with the AR ?!

Thanks
I got the painting effects here on the 405th. Used just brushing silver on for the scratches. The bigger ones I used mold builder with paint layering.

I've been slow on my progress. I've been mostly working on the pep for my AR.

I forgot to put these up here from the launch outing.
launch_night5.jpg

launch_night9.jpg

launch_night10.jpg

hey Iganderson
i don't wish to post requests, but since your build are so awesome and models amazing, mind modeling a grenadier knee along with that sweet shin piece of yours?

Rhinoc already did a grenadier knee, go check on his thread, it's the Jorge shin, but you don't have to make the entire shin, just the knee portion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back