Rebrand, rebuild, redesign. the next chapter after 343 industries.

rickrtickr

Member DIN
S259
So I am probably a little behind the curve. but I was thrown for a loop this morning to see the vidoc from HCS. But I figured kicking off some discussion could be fun.

343 Industries rebrand to Halo Studios

Unreal Engine 5 confirmed

Multiple titles in development

I know I personally have become very jaded with anything and everything 343 put their hands on. from the poor "launch" of halo infinite to their management of the halo tv show. So I am one of the people who feels like the rebrand is a good thing.

I also am interested in seeing how UE5 will play out. I know that much of the Enemy AI is one of the big reasons that BLAM was rebuilt so many times, so it opens up a lot of opportunities in my eyes.

Multiple titles. there are 3-4 possible games in my mind:
  • continuing the main story
  • remaster/remake potentials
  • halo wars 3
  • some other timeline adjacent game (ODST/Reach)
I don't know that I am hyped. but I am hopefully optimistic.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

It was a neat graphical showcase and it sure looked fantastic, but without more concrete details that's really all it is at this point. It's easy to make something that looks pretty, but I'm keeping an eye out as they reveal more. There's a lot of good faith lost in the fanbase and they're going to have to work for that.

I'd like to see another spin-off from the main series. What if we got another Reach style game, leading up to and including Operation Prometheus or Torpedo. Or maybe a Noble 6 game before Noble Team.

Multiple titles. there are 3-4 possible games in my mind:
  • continuing the main story
  • remaster/remake potentials
  • halo wars 3
  • some other timeline adjacent game (ODST/Reach)
If we got any of these, I would be a happy camper (especially Halo Wars 3 :cool:). I was pretty excited to just hear that something was being worked on besides Infinite, since not much has come out of that recently and I was curious where the studio's resources were going.

Honestly didn't hate any of 343's work, but I'm happy to hear a change in direction and can't wait to see what the actual games look like.

Fingers crossed for a Flood horror game... :cautious:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back