Rebrand, rebuild, redesign. the next chapter after 343 industries.

rickrtickr

Member DIN
S259
So I am probably a little behind the curve. but I was thrown for a loop this morning to see the vidoc from HCS. But I figured kicking off some discussion could be fun.

343 Industries rebrand to Halo Studios

Unreal Engine 5 confirmed

Multiple titles in development

I know I personally have become very jaded with anything and everything 343 put their hands on. from the poor "launch" of halo infinite to their management of the halo tv show. So I am one of the people who feels like the rebrand is a good thing.

I also am interested in seeing how UE5 will play out. I know that much of the Enemy AI is one of the big reasons that BLAM was rebuilt so many times, so it opens up a lot of opportunities in my eyes.

Multiple titles. there are 3-4 possible games in my mind:
  • continuing the main story
  • remaster/remake potentials
  • halo wars 3
  • some other timeline adjacent game (ODST/Reach)
I don't know that I am hyped. but I am hopefully optimistic.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

It was a neat graphical showcase and it sure looked fantastic, but without more concrete details that's really all it is at this point. It's easy to make something that looks pretty, but I'm keeping an eye out as they reveal more. There's a lot of good faith lost in the fanbase and they're going to have to work for that.

I'd like to see another spin-off from the main series. What if we got another Reach style game, leading up to and including Operation Prometheus or Torpedo. Or maybe a Noble 6 game before Noble Team.

Multiple titles. there are 3-4 possible games in my mind:
  • continuing the main story
  • remaster/remake potentials
  • halo wars 3
  • some other timeline adjacent game (ODST/Reach)
If we got any of these, I would be a happy camper (especially Halo Wars 3 :cool:). I was pretty excited to just hear that something was being worked on besides Infinite, since not much has come out of that recently and I was curious where the studio's resources were going.

Honestly didn't hate any of 343's work, but I'm happy to hear a change in direction and can't wait to see what the actual games look like.

Fingers crossed for a Flood horror game... :cautious:

I'd like to see another spin-off from the main series. What if we got another Reach style game, leading up to and including Operation Prometheus or Torpedo. Or maybe a Noble 6 game before Noble Team.
A Noble 6 game would be so coooool

Considering in the preview we saw halo infinite elites and chief's mk V armour, there's a chance they're working on something that takes place during combat evolved. Could even be a remake.

With the switch to unreal engine there's also a chance that halo studios will have an easier time acquiring talent, seeing as unreal engine seems to be the industry standard. If I'm not mistaken, one of the things 343 struggled with was the fact that so much time had to be spent teaching their new hires the ins and outs of the slipspace engine before they could make any meaningful contribution. I think the switch was the right call. What they were able to do in unreal engine looks fantastic!

Most importantly, I hope that whatever they're making is fun. For a more casual player like myself, I was really drawn to halo because of it's low barrier of entry and it's ability to keep me playing for hours. I don't want the BIGGEST and LONGEST campaign, I want a GOOD campaign. I don't want the LARGEST VARIETY of weapons, I just want the few weapons that a game has to all be FUN in their own way. I hope that making the core of the game as fun as possible is a priority. I'll be cautiously optimistic as we await more announcements

I am also in the boat of cautiously optimistic. The rebrand and redirection of the studio, I can only hope that it means less oversight by Microsoft, and if they can go back to being a studio allowed to do creative things again, I think that paired with working with the unreal engine they can make some pretty great games.

I hope that they create some off shoot games that don't follow MCs story. I always said I would love a game that followed either the head hunters or the tales from the books "Bad Blood" or "New Blood".

I just want to see a community excited and happy about halo again.

A change of direction could be good.

I'm a little wary of Unreal Engine 5 since most games I've played on it have been more than a little buggy. But if the story is good and the gameplay is good then a few bugs can be tolerated.

I would love if they branched off from MasterChief's story though. Like lets see what some of the other Spartans were up to. Maybe flesh out some of the other characters? Heck even do some alternate timeline stuff where things went totally different (like the flood never got released/doesn't exist, the Covenant and Humans continued to fight instead).

That said, I think it's much more likely we'll see either a remake of Halo 1 in the new engine with updated graphics or a sequel to Infinite.

im with jade on this im might be a good thing for rebranding and the Engine5 seemed a little jittery or buggy but im staying hopeful

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back