Regiment membership - please all read

FANGS

Commanding Officer
Community Staff
Division Staff
I'm noticing a great deal of people who qualify to be part of a Regiment (ie: Type B Membership with 50 posts and 90 days) but have not yet been added.

Please take a moment to let us know here if you wish to be added and we'll get that taken care of for you.

So, what is a Regiment?

The 405th is more than an online community, we also work to connect Halo cosplayers in Real Life through our local “Regiments” which allow members to meet other people in their area who share their passions. Basically, a Regiment is a locally organized chapter of the wider 405th. The local Regiments are designed to allow people to meet, get to know, and work with other Halo Cosplayers in their area. These local Regiments provide a sense of Identity and Community to members and give them a space to call their own.

Additionally, the 405th participates in many events around the globe, from Game Releases, Conventions, and even Minor League Baseball games, and these Local Regiments allow us to professionally organize these events, look out for our members in attendance at these events, and put forward the best face for both the 405th and the Halo Franchise as a whole.

What does it take to join a regiment?

Membership in a regiment is an entirely voluntary process. The Armory (The New File Archive) and all sections of the Forum, except for the local regiment sections, are open to any Registered Forum Member. You do not need to join a Regiment to download files, post in the costume creation sections, or show off your build.

However, if a member decides to take the next step and join a regiment and get more involved with local fellow 405th members, they must first make sure that their account is more than 90 days old and that they have over 50 posts. This demonstrates that the member is committed to actively participating with the 405th Organization. Once a member has 50 posts on an account that is over 90 days old, they then post in this thread and request to be added to their local Regiment.

The Regimental Membership Officer, or RMO, for that Regiment is responsible for checking this thread and confirming that the member meets the requirements and belongs in their Regiment. At that time the local RMO will then give the go ahead in a special thread in the Regimental Command Staff Section for the member to be added to the Regiment.

How do you know which Regiment is your local regiment?

The current Regiments are:
Australia – Covering Australia
Canadian – Covering Canada
Colonial – Covering Connecticut, Delaware, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, Vermont
European – Covering Europe including the British Isles and ending at the Russian border.
Midwest -Covering Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
Mountain – Covering Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Utah and Wyoming.
New Zealand – Covering New Zealand
Pacific – Covering California, Oregon, Washington, Alaska and Hawaii
Southern – Covering Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia, and West Virginia.
Southwest – Covering Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, and Texas.
Regimiento de Mexico: Mexico, Central America and South America - (Cubriendo México, América Central y América del sur)
Singapore - Covering Singapore

(Additional, 4-2-2017)
I posted in this thread, but I am still not in a Regiment. What do I do?

If you have not heard back from your Local RMO after posting on this thread, your first step should be to contact them. If you do not hear back from your local RMO, the next step should be to contact your local RCO. If your local RCO does not respond to you, then you should bring it to the attention of Division Staff Member, such as FANGS or Cadet and we will look into the issue.

Do understand that all Division and Regimental Officers are only volunteers doing this in their free time, and real life issues may distract them and keep them away from the Forum from time to time.

Last edited:
Hey mike bike, welcome to the 405th......I'll be at NYC CC this year as well, Sunday only.....Would be happy to see you there......just and FYI, Regimental requirements are 90 days (You have till the end of this month for that) and 50 posts (you only have 1/2 of those). We get nice turn outs for all the local venues.
Sweet I plan to be at NY comic con for the whole weekend as well as wizard world in PA around June!

Upvote 0
Well since no one seems to know what's going on, someone please add me to the Colonial Regiment????!!!

Good afternoon. The process for Regimental Membership has not changed since the first post in this thread. Once a member has 50 posts and has had an account for 90 days, they post here, and that starts the process for you. Once someone has posted in this thread, the Regiment Membership Officer for your prospective Regimnet should be in touch. After that, they will report to Angela that you are ready to be added and she takes care of that.

Do understand that all Division and Regimental Officers are only volunteers, and some may have real life issues that may distract them. If you have not heard back from your Local RMO after posting on this thread, your first step should be to contact them. If you still do not here back, the next step should be to contact your local RCO. If your local RCO does not respond to you, then you should bring it to the attention of Angela, FANGS, or I.

Local Regiments requested a larger role in vetting and adding members to their territory, and the current system is in support of that desire for autonomy.

The easiest way to determine who your local RMO and RCO is, is to go check out that section of the boards. You will not be able to post there until you are added to the Regiment, but you can read the threads, and there should be a thread containing contact info for your local Command Staff.

Upvote 0
WOW....MepeS11, I hear the whip cracking all the way from Brooklyn!!!
Why yes. yes you did hear the whip cracking. Considering Ashuraa and I live less than 45 minutes from MepeS11 and her wonderful RMO Husband we even notices the backstroke on that whip strike from our house. I think I detected a smoke pillar as well.

Upvote 0
I way trying to prove a point that it's confusing on how to find the information you need easily....I obviously already knew, but if I didn't I'd have had a hard time finding who to go to...

Upvote 0
I apologize that you feel it is unduly difficult to locate this information. We have the information posted several times in this thread and in the New Member FAQ in the recruit section. However, ease of use for our members is always a priority for us, and I do take your feedback very seriously. I will be working to help make this information clearer and more visible in the coming days to address this issue.

Upvote 0
I apologize that you feel it is unduly difficult to locate this information. We have the information posted several times in this thread and in the New Member FAQ in the recruit section. However, ease of use for our members is always a priority for us, and I do take your feedback very seriously. I will be working to help make this information clearer and more visible in the coming days to address this issue.

The problem is finding out who the officers for each regiment are...it's not clear. It's easy to find which regiment you are in, but no so much who to report to

Upvote 0
We found where it is listed, but honestly it's not where I would first think to look for it...I see 'member list' and am not thinking 'HERE ARE YOUR OFFICERS'.....Also serenko3 said new members have been contacting Krissy or Zach instead of him because they don't know where to go.... (I know that's Colonial, but I'm sure it's not the only regiment with this issue). It just needs to be made way clearer imo...

Upvote 0
Why yes. yes you did hear the whip cracking. Considering Ashuraa and I live less than 45 minutes from MepeS11 and her wonderful RMO Husband we even notices the backstroke on that whip strike from our house. I think I detected a smoke pillar as well.
LOL, I was right next to her when she was typing it all. But we do need to make it a little more clear for new members on what to do, and who to contact.

Upvote 0
I just badgered Ashuraa until she put me in the regiment.
Well that generally works as well. On the positive side in my opinion. I am not an officer here like I was in other forums her and I are in. So people dont badger me to badger her so its much more peaceful in my life and I can choose which badgering I wish to badger when I want to badger her. See work just fine for me till some idiot decides to make this idiot an officer. And then I will return to being badgered to badger her. Nasty little circle isnt it.

Upvote 0
As I said, we appreciate the feedback and I hope to work with the Regimental Command Staffs to also get them to help make this information more accessible in their respective Regimental Sections.

At this time, however, I would like to please ask everyone to limit the chatter, inside joking, and off topic comments in this thread, as the more off topic posts that are made here will only make this thread more cluttered and difficult for our RMOs to check through to see the members requesting to join their Regiments.

At this time, please try to limit the posts in this thread to requests for Regimental membership and Follow Ups to said requests. If you have further feedback, I, or any other member of Division or your Local Regimental Command Staff are always wiling to hear it, I would just like to try and keep this thread less cluttered for ease of use of our members and Regimental Membership Officers.

Upvote 0

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back