SPARTAN Art

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primal Weyland

I've been messing around in Photoshop with some art for a while now, and I figured maybe it was time to inflict the terror upon the 405th.

This first picture was done in 20minutes for a doodle competition on another forum I frequent - low-quality, 'splashed' colors.

'I AM HEAVY WEAPONS GUY'

This second picture is a work-in-progress - a demonstration of my high-quality art.

UNFINISHED RECON SPARTAN

In both cases I have been working from Halo 3 screenshots - these are NOT traces. If people find my work acceptable, I will be open to requests for LOW-QUALITY WORK ONLY. High-quality art will be available on a commission basis - prices to be discussed via PM.

Primal Weyland said:
I've been messing around in Photoshop with some art for a while now, and I figured maybe it was time to inflict the terror upon the 405th.

This first picture was done in 20minutes for a doodle competition on another forum I frequent - low-quality, 'splashed' colors.

'I AM HEAVY WEAPONS GUY'

This second picture is a work-in-progress - a demonstration of my high-quality art.

UNFINISHED RECON SPARTAN
In both cases I have been working from Halo 3 screenshots - these are NOT traces. If people find my work acceptable, I will be open to requests for LOW-QUALITY WORK ONLY. High-quality art will be available on a commission basis - prices to be discussed via PM.

well the first picture i find cheap, but the body chape is drawed correct, 2nd picture is good but try not to draw only in vectors but then again its not finished yet so i'll be waiting for u to update ya pic :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Primal Weyland said:

Hence why it's 'cheap'. Thanks a lot >.>

Primal Weyland said:
Hence why it's 'cheap'. Thanks a lot >.>

its made in paint right?? you sure need some improved skill to paint in paint, i think you should draw better with ya hands
but the proportions r nice

Primal, these are both very very good. i would love to see some more of your art.
got any other pics of other projects?

rundown said:
its made in paint right?? you sure need some improved skill to paint in paint, i think you should draw better with ya hands
but the proportions r nice

JESUS CHRIST DO YOU NOT READ THE DAMNED TOPIC?

Primal Weyland said:
I've been messing around in Photoshop with some art for a while now

As for my tools: I use a Trust TR2100 graphics tablet. And for the last time: it's a DOODLE. 9/10ths of my art is higher-quality than a 20min sack of poop. If I wanted it to look more realistic, it would look the same as my Recon picture. As it happens, it was just something I threw together. So yes, quality is going to be compromised.

Wow, I love your art Primal!!<333

Personally, I like the first picture (your "crappy" one) best. It looks so haggard but accurate, it is an art style and its one of my favorites. I totally adore it, sweetie.

Nice work, dude, only thing I can do in Photoshop is make sigs (I made my sig/avi), not the greatest, though :p

But yeah, excellent work, I've been thinking about getting a tablet, would you recommend it?

Depends what you want to do. But yes, one would be well worth the money you put in.

Be aware: a larger tablet isn't necessarily a better one. My personal tablet is 20cm x 30cm. It cost £15 ($30) - shop around.

As for the rest: thank you for the compliments. Lineart on my Recon SPARTAN is almost complete.

Primal Weyland said:
Depends what you want to do. But yes, one would be well worth the money you put in.

Be aware: a larger tablet isn't necessarily a better one. My personal tablet is 20cm x 30cm. It cost £15 ($30) - shop around.

As for the rest: thank you for the compliments. Lineart on my Recon SPARTAN is almost complete.

Hmm... and everyone tells me they're at least $150 for a good one:lol:

Can't wait for the Recon lineart to be finished!

Sorry to butt in, Seno, if you want a good "starter" tablet, look into a Wacom. They last forever. Cheaper isn't always better when it comes to technology.

Skullcandy Girl said:
Sorry to butt in, Seno, if you want a good "starter" tablet, look into a Wacom. They last forever. Cheaper isn't always better when it comes to technology.

She doesn't lie... she has one of the better ones, and it makes me jealous.

And nice art work PW... ;)

Update on the project:

Lineart for the Arctic Recon SPARTAN is complete. Coloring in progress.

Complete lineart can be found at the following link:

ARCTIC RECON SPARTAN LINEART

Edit: the first moron to pop his head up and tell me that details are missing will have his face removed with a potato peeler. I know, and this was intentional - those parts will be added when the coloring is complete.

Arbiter452 said:
ummm... can we post our own artwork here?
EDIT: can i color in the recon then post it to show you?

No, and yes, as long as you credit me in all instances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back