Props THE BIG ONE! M808B Scorpion Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess you can just shoot me out of the cannon towards the covies...would you mind doing the "math" to invent some new form of tactical insertion? you could call it "Shootingtheguyoutofthecannontowardsthebadguys", or "STGOOTCTTBG" for short. (pronounced: "Sta-goot-catata-buh-guh")

Or you could just call it "Tank-tical Insertion"...your pic.:lol:Hahaha
Wean you get shot out the barrel do a super man pose for the camera

UPDATE!!
Had the day off so I threw the back tread together real fast. Drug them around back to see how they looked next to the tank. Doesn't help that the tire is flat right now so the treads look weird next to it lol. Now onto the other set for the other side.
18519566_1790473110966511_7309855641690673707_n.jpg
18581876_1790473040966518_5589483106749240919_n.jpg
18527519_1790472990966523_7697848025032885532_n.jpg

*glances at his van thoughtfully*

This is fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished! Wonder if it will ever get the chance to meet my mech?
Have you considered using PVC as framework material? Its lighter (and cheaper) than lumber plus you get to work with all those little elbows and unions.

*glances at his van thoughtfully*

This is fantastic! Can't wait to see it finished! Wonder if it will ever get the chance to meet my mech?
Have you considered using PVC as framework material? Its lighter (and cheaper) than lumber plus you get to work with all those little elbows and unions.

I had thought about many different materials before starting, but wood stood out above everything for both integrity and ease of use. With PVC it would be really hard to make rigid enough surfaces to make it look like a solid tank.

If the tire gets flat later on.....after you fix the current one that is......with the tracks in place, how are you going to fix it?

If the tire gets flat later on.....after you fix the current one that is......with the tracks in place, how are you going to fix it?

I'm designing it so the tracks can come off, as well as the sides of the body. This is to ensure that I can have access to any part of the vehicle if they need fixed, and to also meet highway trailer regulations. Anything that is hauled over 8.5' wide is considered a Wide Load and needs special hauling permission.

... movie makers get ready for a tank to be ready for filming. btw what would you charge film makers for uses of the tank. and I'm talking like if they need it to look wreaked or broken down but the gun still works, plus how's that whole six petal thing going?

... movie makers get ready for a tank to be ready for filming. btw what would you charge film makers for uses of the tank. and I'm talking like if they need it to look wreaked or broken down but the gun still works, plus how's that whole six petal thing going?
I guess it would all depend on how far they needed me to drive since i live kinda far out from most of the film makers lol. If they wanted to travel here and film on location somewhere local then I wouldn't charge anything. The tanks is a personal fun project that I wish to take to cons so people can check it out and get pictures taken with it. It's a labor of love.

As for the six pedals, still only two right now. Details like those will be added later down the line.

I had thought about many different materials before starting, but wood stood out above everything for both integrity and ease of use. With PVC it would be really hard to make rigid enough surfaces to make it look like a solid tank.

It would all depend on your substructure. 1/2" PVC can be pretty rigid at 1 foot intervals, but that would be a lot of elbows and unions. Plus it might bend over time (I haven't had this happen yet but it is plastic). And if you ever dispose of it a pvc frame would be harder to dispose of than lumber.

As for the six pedals, still only two right now. Details like those will be added later down the line.

Maybe the extra four pedals can do something fancy like wiggle the treads or something.

What about attacking them as cranks to the treads. step on the pedals and the treads will move. not just wiggle......but rotate as if they were moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back