Triple ODST Spartan Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I look at that spike grenade prop, namely the scale of it, the more I believe it could pass for a spiked mace in a fantasy game. It's an excellent-looking prop. Are you going to have one of those be included as part of your ODST costume, or did you just build it for fun and/or as a decoration?

The more I look at that spike grenade prop, namely the scale of it, the more I believe it could pass for a spiked mace in a fantasy game. It's an excellent-looking prop. Are you going to have one of those be included as part of your ODST costume, or did you just build it for fun and/or as a decoration?
I may use it with the Delta ODST, although it may be difficult to attach it to the armor. I mainly wanted it a cool prop!

Is it Wednesday already?

This week I finished the Brute Spike Grenade prop. I think it turned out great! The first short for finishing it also went up yesterday.

20230214_201801.jpg

I also just barely finished the Part 2 for the helmet tutorial this morning. I think video quality is getting a bit better aside from the fact that I keep forgetting to rewatch the raw video before writing out a script!

The GUNGNIR helmet may be finished printing before Saturday's update so we'll see what happens with that.

Welcome to the Wednesday Update, guess who forgot about the Saturday update last week!

Since last week I put out two shorts for speed builds for the Halo 3 Brute Spike Grenade, but today I put out the full speed build video so you get that instead!

As for fun news I have a paint scheme for the GUNGNIR helmet.

received_967073608031765.jpg

As well as having the full helmet printed after 11 days and just shy of a kilogram of filament.

received_904526774071521.jpg
received_3080679605411727.jpg

Have a Debed/Cleanup Short!

Today I'll be working on joining, fiberglassing, and finishing the ODST chest plate, backplate, 1 shin made up of 3 pieces, and several other miscellaneous pieces, so I hope to have some progress photos of that for the Saturday Update (unless I forget about it again).

Until then have a great week everybody and hopefully Con Crunches aren't going to bad!

Welcome to the Wednesday Update, guess who forgot about the Saturday update last week!

Since last week I put out two shorts for speed builds for the Halo 3 Brute Spike Grenade, but today I put out the full speed build video so you get that instead!

As for fun news I have a paint scheme for the GUNGNIR helmet.

View attachment 328223

As well as having the full helmet printed after 11 days and just shy of a kilogram of filament.

View attachment 328224View attachment 328225

Have a Debed/Cleanup Short!

Today I'll be working on joining, fiberglassing, and finishing the ODST chest plate, backplate, 1 shin made up of 3 pieces, and several other miscellaneous pieces, so I hope to have some progress photos of that for the Saturday Update (unless I forget about it again).

Until then have a great week everybody and hopefully Con Crunches aren't going to bad!
Printing it down to that little filament would stress me out XD absolute mad lad

Printing it down to that little filament would stress me out XD absolute mad lad
It was a fun little game I guess! this printer has a runout sensor and was estimated to take 1200 grams so I was prepared to swap filament rolls anyway. I was just super surprised the slicer was off by almost a fifth of the print volume. Better under than over right?

GIF by Giphy QA

Last edited:
This is the Saturday I don't forget the Saturday update!

DSCF0001.JPG

Since Wednesday I've gotten started on the Spartan Laser. It's mostly assembled and I have begun the fun task of spot puttying and sanding a 44 x 15 x 5 prop, so have a short.

The backplate for the helmet has finished printing so it's onto the thighs . . . after I fix the worn out filament runout sensor that likes to stop my prints every 2 or 3 hours. I ordered a new one with an aluminum housing so hopefully that'll be here tomorrow!

I've also begun to reprint some of the torso pieces that I think the 100% scale are going to be too small on me, oh well!

On the R&D side I've pulled the GUNG into Fusion360 to start modeling a housing for the camera and screen so I can be blessed with the gift of sight while using a helmet with no visor.

I'm going to be working on the Spartan laser today as well as working on the tutorial for next week which is going to be on a topic that I get a lot of questions about, Joining and Backing Multiple Piece 3D Prints!

Have a great week and weekend everybody, best of luck with your builds, and if you're in con crunch you got this! I hope to see all of you back on Wednesday!

That splazer look amazing :love: always been one of my favorite heavy weapons. what kind of colors will you be using for this one?
Thank you! I think I'm going to go with steel grey and black to match the ODST that'll be using it.

This is the Saturday I don't forget the Saturday update!

View attachment 328305

Since Wednesday I've gotten started on the Spartan Laser. It's mostly assembled and I have begun the fun task of spot puttying and sanding a 44 x 15 x 5 prop, so have a short.

The backplate for the helmet has finished printing so it's onto the thighs . . . after I fix the worn out filament runout sensor that likes to stop my prints every 2 or 3 hours. I ordered a new one with an aluminum housing so hopefully that'll be here tomorrow!

I've also begun to reprint some of the torso pieces that I think the 100% scale are going to be too small on me, oh well!

On the R&D side I've pulled the GUNG into Fusion360 to start modeling a housing for the camera and screen so I can be blessed with the gift of sight while using a helmet with no visor.

I'm going to be working on the Spartan laser today as well as working on the tutorial for next week which is going to be on a topic that I get a lot of questions about, Joining and Backing Multiple Piece 3D Prints!

Have a great week and weekend everybody, best of luck with your builds, and if you're in con crunch you got this! I hope to see all of you back on Wednesday!
YOOOO THAT SPLASER IS AMAZING!!!

Wednesday Update time!

This week I made a short for painting the concept design on the mini GUNGNIR helmet.

I also procrastinated then rushed to finish a quick tutorial video on combining 3D printed parts and hiding the seam.

I have also got the base coat on the ONI ODST chest plate.

cker_lib_temp_f0161267-e6ef-423e-8291-1eb14e70a4a2.jpg

I plan on having the chest piece painted, stickers added, and weathering finished by next week!

Until Saturday, have a great last half of the week everybody!

Edit 3/2/23:

Thank you Shadowpi3! I thought I had replied to your post already. My bad!

Last edited:
Saturday Update!

Printing and puttying are in full swing.

Did a quick masking video for the chest plate for a sneak peek at the color scheme. Have a short!

I'm going to be working on trying to get the stickers printed and on the chest plate over the weekend to hopefully have a cool video on the final look of the chest piece. This should be done by Wednesday, so I hope to see you again for that update!

It's technically still Wednesday, so update time!

I got the chest plate complete weathering and all! Have a some pictures and two videos!

This was a test for base colors and the use of inkjet stickers. I think it turned out well, but the stickers don't really show up on the black base coat. This is why I removed them in the video.

It also took 3 black washes to get the weathering where I wanted it to be and I went way to heavy with the first black wash as you can see in the second video!

cker_lib_temp_e41c1f12-3fe5-49ce-8ae5-780f55aac858.jpg
cker_lib_temp_79295014-d8b3-4d07-86f6-9d092d3be83c.jpg

This weekend I want to knock out the Spartan Laser and quit putting it off!

Until then have a great rest of the week and if you are in Midwest Regiment and going to Planet, I hope your Con Crunch is going well!

Took a bit of a break this past weekend so here's the progress from yesterday!

More of the Spartan Laser has been spot puttied.

DSCF0010.JPG

There's also a 1:1 scale Halo Sniper Rifle round in the photo!

I was also able to get the display for the GUNGNIR wired and working off of a battery pack!

DSCF0007.JPG

That's the Wednesday Thursday update! See you Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back