Votes: 7 10.6%
  • ODST

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • RAKSHASA

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1724793474639.png
chest is on standby till i can find a way to print it on 250mm^3 but tuning scaling on leg armor and I am pretty much done printing!

Attachments

• 1724793371887.png
    1724793371887.png
    15 MB · Views: 21
Curious how you ended up printing the chest. I also have a small printing area and am looking at four pieces for the front and four for the back.
I sliced it into 8 pieces to fit on my printer, 4 back pieces, 4 front, which sucks, but I found if I use brim for bed adhesion and tree supports, my success rate of prints skyrocketed and dropped a lot of time. I also had to slice the thigh armor into 8 pieces, which just came out great lol. I also have a friend printing the chest too since he has a bigger printer and his will probably be better quality, but I wanted to try it myself as well.

I sliced it into 8 pieces to fit on my printer, 4 back pieces, 4 front, which sucks, but I found if I use brim for bed adhesion and tree supports, my success rate of prints skyrocketed and dropped a lot of time. I also had to slice the thigh armor into 8 pieces, which just came out great lol. I also have a friend printing the chest too since he has a bigger printer and his will probably be better quality, but I wanted to try it myself as well.
I am attempting the same. Gonna take almost a day each!

whats yalls recommendation for gluing pieces together? don't want my suit falling apart mid con lol
Depends on the material, for pla I hear some people use plastic epoxy with super glue. I'm making mine in asa so I use gorilla glue gel on the seams then abs glue on the interior for additional strength.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back