Votes: 7 10.6%
  • ODST

Votes: 16 24.2%
  • RAKSHASA

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1724793474639.png
chest is on standby till i can find a way to print it on 250mm^3 but tuning scaling on leg armor and I am pretty much done printing!

Attachments

• 1724793371887.png
    1724793371887.png
    15 MB · Views: 25
Curious how you ended up printing the chest. I also have a small printing area and am looking at four pieces for the front and four for the back.
I sliced it into 8 pieces to fit on my printer, 4 back pieces, 4 front, which sucks, but I found if I use brim for bed adhesion and tree supports, my success rate of prints skyrocketed and dropped a lot of time. I also had to slice the thigh armor into 8 pieces, which just came out great lol. I also have a friend printing the chest too since he has a bigger printer and his will probably be better quality, but I wanted to try it myself as well.

I sliced it into 8 pieces to fit on my printer, 4 back pieces, 4 front, which sucks, but I found if I use brim for bed adhesion and tree supports, my success rate of prints skyrocketed and dropped a lot of time. I also had to slice the thigh armor into 8 pieces, which just came out great lol. I also have a friend printing the chest too since he has a bigger printer and his will probably be better quality, but I wanted to try it myself as well.
I am attempting the same. Gonna take almost a day each!

whats yalls recommendation for gluing pieces together? don't want my suit falling apart mid con lol
Depends on the material, for pla I hear some people use plastic epoxy with super glue. I'm making mine in asa so I use gorilla glue gel on the seams then abs glue on the interior for additional strength.

I ended up splitting mine in 4 sections to fit on my bambu printer, going to use bondo putty for any gaps or warped section.
Same though it was difficult to epoxy all the pieces together and I have a 1/4 inch gap at the bottom of my chest plate now from the pieces warping from heat lol but I might be able to fix it with bondo idk.

whats yalls recommendation for gluing pieces together? don't want my suit falling apart mid con lol
I use standard super glue (cyanoacrylate) with the accelerator. Once the two pieces are welded, I will put a reinforcing line on the inside seam. Keep in mind, super glue isn't very strong if there are gaps between the pieces so you shouldn't use it unless you have good contact points.

Same though it was difficult to epoxy all the pieces together and I have a 1/4 inch gap at the bottom of my chest plate now from the pieces warping from heat lol but I might be able to fix it with bondo idk.
If the gap truly is that big (1/4" is about the width of a standard pencil), Bondo might not be sufficient (especially not the stuff that comes in a tube). Filler works best if there's something to support it. If you have a soldering iron, you can carefully melt some scrap PLA or PETG (whichever you printed the parts with) into that gap to fill it, which you can sand flush and then spot fill with Bondo.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back