Deployment FAQ

Hi, I'm not fully sure, but is it permissible to deploy more than one suit, and how is that done differently? Just hoping to get my Infinite Chief suit deployed, but I already deployed my odst Legend-113 suit so I don't know if that's allowed.

Hi, I'm not fully sure, but is it permissible to deploy more than one suit, and how is that done differently? Just hoping to get my Infinite Chief suit deployed, but I already deployed my odst Legend-113 suit so I don't know if that's allowed.
You’re allowed to deploy more than 1 suit, your number is only applied to your account and not a specific suit

You can deploy multiple suits, yes. Deployment is a member benefit we offer in order to celebrate the accomplishment of completing a costume. When submitting a build after you've already completed your first deployment, the costume will be judged and deployed (with certificate) the same as before with the difference that you will not be given another DIN. Most people do this as a manner to either get official feedback and improve their craft or to make an attempt at getting a higher tier if that's something that interests them.

Reading thru deployment requirements, and id like to get a definitive answer on the subject of costumes made from popular Modded content, such as Cused Halo as a example.

Specifically I'm curious about Tier 3 deployment of CE marine armor from a mod such as Combat Revolved, or the Havoc mod. The marines for the most part are not very diffrent from standard game marines, with things such as armor and BDU colors being changed, and the occasional balaclava over the lower face.
sddefault (1).jpg
maxresdefault (3).jpg

Second, with custom things modded in, I'd like to know if something like the custom modeled odsts for CE such as the Fireteam Raven characters would fit into Tier 2, or if it would be Tier 1.
download (10).jpeg

Having read thru the requirements thoroughly I'm fairly certain Tier 2 would be the highest anything I've asked about would go, but again I'm seeing just how far the boundaries can be stretched woth oddball cases. Mods obviously aren't official content, but they are technically in game.

Reading thru deployment requirements, and id like to get a definitive answer on the subject of costumes made from popular Modded content, such as Cused Halo as a example.

Specifically I'm curious about Tier 3 deployment of CE marine armor from a mod such as Combat Revolved, or the Havoc mod. The marines for the most part are not very diffrent from standard game marines, with things such as armor and BDU colors being changed, and the occasional balaclava over the lower face.
View attachment 349692View attachment 349693

Second, with custom things modded in, I'd like to know if something like the custom modeled odsts for CE such as the Fireteam Raven characters would fit into Tier 2, or if it would be Tier 1.
View attachment 349694

Having read thru the requirements thoroughly I'm fairly certain Tier 2 would be the highest anything I've asked about would go, but again I'm seeing just how far the boundaries can be stretched woth oddball cases. Mods obviously aren't official content, but they are technically in game.

I've reached Tier 2 with my Combat Evolved marine from 2019, and I'm sure I could do better if I did it again, as I've looked at the armour a lot more since then.

Modded content alas wouldn't get past a Tier 1 deployment, unless the modifications still fit into the specifics of Tier 2 (ie. "Costume may have paint details or decals that simulate armor graffiti or personalization but they must reference items, groups, or historical incidents that exist within the Halo Universe. For example Phrases such as “Remember Reach” or UNSC or ONI related logos or markings. Generic phrases like “Follow Me” or “Come Get Some” and generic logos like the “Skull and Crossbones,” “Smiley Face”, or Animals are acceptable but references to other Fictional Universes are no longer acceptable for Tier 2.")

Don't forget, once you've deployed your armour, you can change it afterwards and not lose deployment! So if you wanted, you could hit T2 with the marine armour, receive your deployment, then make the modifications to your armour to match the mod. It just means you couldn't apply for deployment again with that armour, unless you change the modifications back.

"In game" still requires that the content be developed by Halo developers, or at least added in to the game by the developers.

"Fully canon" or "fully in game" ??
Because there's a TV show now that's also 'canon'.
Costumes from the TV show are eligible for Deployment up to a Tier 3. As are costumes from Comics.

As it states in the FAQ:
"In order to be deployed, a costume must be from an official Microsoft or 343i source. While this is primarily the games, Graphic Novels, Live Action Productions, Animated Projects, and even some concept art from Official published Art Books can be considered." (Emphasis added.)

In this case the question was whether items from a Fan made mod would be acceptable for a Tier 3 Deployment.

In order to qualify costumes must be from an official Microsoft, 343, or Bungie source. The live action show is considered a Microsoft and 343 product. A new type of helmet, backpack, or accessory added to a model and placed in a fan mod would not, because it is unofficial and made by a fan. So it might appear "in game" but it was added to the gane by a fan, not by the developer, and does not appear in the official product, and would not qualify for Tier 3.

In this specific case, the changes to the Marine backpack, color of their soft goods, and addition of a balaclava would be okay for a Tier 1 or possibly Tier 2 Deployment, but would not qualify for Tier 3 because they are not seen in the official, canon, version of the game.

Question when it comes to character's like Chief, Noble Team, members of Osiris, basically characters with set in game appearances. For Tier 3, how much importance is put on the specific weathering marks on the armor. Looking on here I saw decals need to match, and that weathering must be present if present on the design, but does it need to be one to one, where scuffs and scrapes are in the same places, or is it just a general "This suit is heavily weathered, it should be heavily weathered, this suit is factory new, it should be factory new, etc."

Thanks!

Question when it comes to character's like Chief, Noble Team, members of Osiris, basically characters with set in game appearances. For Tier 3, how much importance is put on the specific weathering marks on the armor. Looking on here I saw decals need to match, and that weathering must be present if present on the design, but does it need to be one to one, where scuffs and scrapes are in the same places, or is it just a general "This suit is heavily weathered, it should be heavily weathered, this suit is factory new, it should be factory new, etc."

Thanks!
It doesn't have to be 1:1, but it should be a similar level of weathering and if there are significant, unique effects, like the physical damage to Halo 3 Chief's chest, we do look for that for Tier 3.

Question! When we apply for deployment, does it have to be in armor or can it be in another Haloverse costume? I'm working on a soft parts build at the moment. The armor will be next.

Question! When we apply for deployment, does it have to be in armor or can it be in another Haloverse costume? I'm working on a soft parts build at the moment. The armor will be next.
Any Halo costume, so long as it adheres to the rules described on the first page (such as, must be from an official Halo source) can be deployed! As an example, we've had members who have even deployed with the Traxus worksite uniforms.

Quick question! About how long does it take for a deployment decision to be made? I'm in zero rush, just curious. :)

Yeah, same. I put mine in around May and I'm still waiting. Give 'em time though, life can get pretty busy and I'm sure they'll try to get it done when they can.

The internal target is within a month. That has... not worked out. So unfortunately, the wait time is currently longer. Stuff is going on in the backend to streamline the process a little bit, but it still takes time.

The internal target is within a month. That has... not worked out. So unfortunately, the wait time is currently longer. Stuff is going on in the backend to streamline the process a little bit, but it still takes time.
No worries mate. We all know this is a pure volunteer group and we've all been here for the ... ummm... excitement of the past few months. I don't think anyone is trying to rush y'all.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back