Fan Film - Operation Chastity - 405Th Related Information

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is something I've considered, and it's something I hope to see in the final cut of the film, including a helmet-cam sequence of hand to hand combat. My only issue really is how I will interlace it considering the approach we're taking with the film... that's a tough call.

i hope you guys get noticed by bungie like RvB u CAN haz rec0n in my book ^^
anyhoo its sad you cant make anyother hog you've got my 20 bucks (or 15 Uk darn inflation) :D till your next update
-salude

I think where there is a will there is a way. I want a hog to commute to work!
I know you have other work you do to pay the bills but I am sure I can speak for all of us that we are waiting for new updates and advancement in the film. :cool:

We should get groups of people from 405th to set up squads in your movie and take up different perspectives from the different squads. Just a thought. How are you going to create a Pelican? o_o. You could just make a wreckage but.... Ah nevermind. Have you thought up of the story line?

SpartanSRS said:
We should get groups of people from 405th to set up squads in your movie and take up different perspectives from the different squads. Just a thought. How are you going to create a Pelican? o_o. You could just make a wreckage but.... Ah nevermind. Have you thought up of the story line?

The script is as good as complete, and hopefully the final draft will be done soon. I will be using proper actors rather than costumers where possible to try to ensure quality throughout the film.

@Ninja - We did one, which is yet to be finished.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's the little things in life that make things better.

Sadly, today on HBO, we announced that our film shoot has been pushed back to March 2010. We did this, of course, to make sure the film turns out as awesome as it possibly can. I hope you all understand the motivations behind it.

However! I got a wonderful email from Lars Wiggman in Sweden. Lars is a very nice man who also happens to manage the Grammis-nominated heavy metal band, Sabaton. After a nice round of emails, both he and the band were positive about the project and have given permission for their hit song "Panzer Battalion" to be used within the film.

METAL!! \m/

I don't mind it being pushed back to March 2010, I mean you're still doing better than M$ are doing making the real film. :cautious:

Shade said:
I don't mind it being pushed back to March 2010, I mean you're still doing better than M$ are doing making the real film. :cautious:

I remain hopeful that the interest generated in OC will drive the real movie to completion. We can only hope. :)

Peter Cooper said:
I remain hopeful that the interest generated in OC will drive the real movie to completion. We can only hope. :)
(y) I mean they got all my hopes up when they made the Landfall mini-series and I then thought how awesome as Halo Movie would be. Who knows, maybe afteer they see how far you get with a Fan Film, maybe they will get motivated to start up production agin.

I'm glad you weren't afraid to push the release back. I'm sure the film will be better for it. :)

This needs to be out of the n00b forum. Like, now.

Unique Name said:
I'm glad you weren't afraid to push the release back. I'm sure the film will be better for it. :)

This needs to be out of the n00b forum. Like, now.

But then where would it go?! :lol:

Thanks for all the supportive messages - I'm glad everyone understands. It was a tough call to make because I just want to go out and do it, and so do a lot of the people on my team. But I know it's the right thing to do and, thankfully, so do they. :)

wow this is a great discussion. when the film is done how will it be released (on a dvd to buy or posted up online for everyone)?

jmoney said:
wow this is a great discussion. when the film is done how will it be released (on a dvd to buy or posted up online for everyone)?

We're intending an online release. Whether there is a DVD release will depend entirely on Microsoft.

Peter Cooper said:
We're intending an online release. Whether there is a DVD release will depend entirely on Microsoft.

Thats GREAT im so excited to see how this all turns out

Just an FYI - we have big, big, BIG news coming in the next week about the Warthog. Expect to see something very cool on Wednesday. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back