Female GEN2 SCOUT Armor (Spartan Commander Sarah Palmer) Build [+ more]

Status
Not open for further replies.
SI3RRA 117 "You know our motto: We deliver!"

I have to say I'm happy how it looks like. Seems like I did a good job with smoothing it out with all the rainbow colors.
1f609.png
;)
Just gotta touch and sand that small area in the back, but I'm guilty as I didn't really work on it either... Oh! And gotta do some actual scratches and all.
But yeah, happy how it came out. :)
Tomorrow gonna spray paint the hell out of this baby.

DSC02742.JPG

DSC02741.JPG

DSC02743.JPG

Haha nice looks awesome couldn't resist throwing that foe hammer quote in there could ya?

I have been creeping on this thread for a while. Now I just need to say it. That helmet looks amazing. Simply amazing.
I mentioned this on another thread. I am quite amazed about peoples builds. But, once paint starts getting laid down.... I helmet/armour starts taking a whole new life.

SI3RRA 117 Nope. Couldn't and didn't want to. :D One does not simply resisting that. ;)

PaiganBoi Oooh! Thank you very much! :D Seriously thank you! And I totally agree, it's one thing making it, but once painted, it looks so much different with the actual colors and all and really changes the whole thing.

-//- UPDATE -//-

Alright, bigger update, so you've been warned.

I've done some selfies because I was hyped about the helmet.
Excuse me but I'm seriously proud how the helmet looks like.

DSC02745.JPG

DSC02746.JPG

DSC02747.JPG

Now, here is a a catch, I went to the store to buy the primer paint and get the main light gray paint I was using.
What happened?
APPARENTLY THEY STOPPED PRODUCING THE PAINT AND THEY CANCELLED AND REMOVED ALL PAINTS FROM THAT BRAND!!! I was there literally 2-3 weeks ago and they were fully stocked! They had 2 whole rows of the paint I was using and I know they were not just sold out on all possible paints within those 2 damn weeks. Great huh?
Luckily I still managed to grab the dark gray paint, they still had few of those left somehow.
But yeah, had to get back home and grab few armor pieces - used the unweathered one and one weathered to see and compare colors.
I know the caps are not the best way, but they are very helpful nonetheless. They aren't perfect because often the shade of the actual paint is a little bit different, but you get the whole idea thanks to them.

paints.JPG

So, here I started spraying and compared it with the piece.
Yep. Yep.
Love it! See no difference. :D
Which is awesome. Seriously.
Last year I had the same thing happening - they run out of the dark gray paint and that was a huge issue for me and sure, I found alternative but I could see the color difference. Here? Perfect!
So at least it's a win-win, because I still have found a paint with the same color.
Now I just need to spray few more layers - I rather have the paint thick because well, it isn't a display piece, cosplay pieces get wear and tear and TBH I don't want to have to repaint the pieces anytime soon because the paint was thin and wore down, so I rather spray multiple layers of paint to get a nice thicker layer. Worked out great before, will definitely repeat that.

DSC02756.JPG

Also, mblackwell1002 see? This is what I meant with some few natural scratches. They look natural and give this illusion of reality to the armor that it has been through some rough times and seen some battles. The paint got scratches and wear but it wasn't enough to get through the layer of paint to metal.

DSC02752.JPG

Alright! I's been cold and raining for past 2 days and been painting in the basement which was a rather slow process.
Today however is a perfect day for painting! Hot and sunny!
1f603.png
:D

Today I've masked the helmet and painted dark gray markings... and I still have to add red markings (like wings and all) but I'm sitting here and debating whether add more of dark gray or not.
I'm mostly mixing Halo 4+5 markings because well, Halo 4 Palmer didn't have almost any markings it was just one gray color, whereas Halo 5 Palmer has light+dark gray AND red markings. So I'm just here making choices and sometimes adding my own touch... because sometimes I don't like what 343i did either (or why they changed something that looked perfectly fine earlier).

It's just me thinking now, I won't probably add any more dark gray areas to not overdo it.

DSC02760.JPG

I think I'm going to need to start detailing my helmets with foam, This is turning out amazingly!

CaminusPrime I totally recommend foam for detail. :D And thank you!

-//- UPDATE -\\-

Palmer sighted! Finished spray painting the helmet, yay!
I love how the the process of adding colors and markings completely changed the helmet.
Now, just add the weathering and all and the paintjob will be finished.
Oh, an the visor just to see how it all looks together.

DSC02762.JPG
DSC02763.JPG
DSC02764.JPG
DSC02765.JPG

CaminusPrime I totally recommend foam for detail. :D And thank you!

-//- UPDATE -\\-

Palmer sighted! Finished spray painting the helmet, yay!
I love how the the process of adding colors and markings completely changed the helmet.
Now, just add the weathering and all and the paintjob will be finished.
Oh, an the visor just to see how it all looks together.

View attachment 245685 View attachment 245686 View attachment 245687 View attachment 245688
*drools* I...actually don't have much to say...WOW!

I've always been impressed w/ your pep work.....but now, beautiful foam detailing @CommanderPalmer. It is really the icing on the cake!!! Great job.

Thanks guys! :D

-//- UPDATE -\\-

Alright! Whole I haven't made any real progress with the helmet, I have been working on this thigh piece... and I finished detailing! :D
Sprayed it with a primer and will be able to spray paint it tomororw. :3
I'm seriously so happy how it look now. Those raised areas and details have a lot of impact.

DSC02773.JPG
DSC02775.JPG

Thank you, guys ;)
Now I'm way happier and satisfied with how the new parts look.

-//- UPDATE -\\-

Might be a tiny update, but I've painted that AI chip mockup, so literally tiny update.

Now, tomorrow I'll have to clean up my desk and prepare to make that weathering tutorial. After deeper thought, definitely not with a helmet. XD Way too big to handle, luckily I still have that boot armor to do. :D

DSC02781.JPG

I swear, its like artwork......it should be on display in some NYC gallery.....Art deco......I could see something like this sitting on some mantle piece in a ritzy penthouse......

Dirtdives Haha, thanks...
1f605.png
But more artistically, some time ago I've customized a BB-8 money bank. :D

bb8com.JPG

-//- UPDATE -\\-

You WON'T believe me, but they cancelled a second brand of paint I've been using as alternative.

screams2.jpg

I.JOKE.YOU.NOT.

Yes, they cancelled not only the FIRST brand I was using - all paint of, but second, the one I found as alternative for the light gray.
YES.
So, officially I've run out of alternatives, but I forgot about this beautiful brand that exists MONTANA.
WHY. Why did I forget about it. ._. They even used it in Rogue One ffs.
But I guess it was because I still had leftovers left of the paint I was using earlier, so I wanted to continue with this brand.
Oh well, I'm switching to Montana Gold MARBLE color and it better be the same shade or I... or I rather not even think of what will happen otherwise. T_T

But it can only happen to me - JUST WHEN I'M PAINTING they cancel one brand, then immediately I find another brand, a week later they cancel it too!

Alright, I've posted earlier I had painted that tiny chip, here is how it's in the helmet. Tiny detail many might miss, but important to me regardless.

Here is that Montana Gold Marble color - seems pretty same to me... Hope it will be.

montana-gold-marble-spray-paint.jpg

DSC02782.JPG

In the meantime, I've almost finished spray coating the thigh piece with light gray. Almost, because I still want to go with one or two coats more, especially in the inner thigh area, better go thicker there as the inner thighs can rub against each other.
And I've almost finished removing paint from the other thigh piece. :3
But in this comparison you can perfectly see how much the raised details and areas bring - a lot, at least IMO.
Oh, I still should do the battle damage - few physical scratches, but my father killed the dremmel tool... I have a really cheap and bad one, but I have to find the end cap of it otherwise it's unusable... I hope I didn't throw it away. T_T

DSC02785.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Dirtdives Haha, thanks... View attachment 246040 But more artistically, some time ago I've customized a BB-8 money bank. :D

View attachment 246039

-//- UPDATE -\\-

You WON'T believe me, but they cancelled a second brand of paint I've been using as alternative.

View attachment 246038

I.JOKE.YOU.NOT.

Yes, they cancelled not only the FIRST brand I was using - all paint of, but second, the one I found as alternative for the light gray.
YES.
So, officially I've run out of alternatives, but I forgot about this beautiful brand that exists MONTANA.
WHY. Why did I forget about it. ._. They even used it in Rogue One ffs.
But I guess it was because I still had leftovers left of the paint I was using earlier, so I wanted to continue with this brand.
Oh well, I'm switching to Montana Gold MARBLE color and it better be the same shade or I... or I rather not even think of what will happen otherwise. T_T

But it can only happen to me - JUST WHEN I'M PAINTING they cancel one brand, then immediately I find another brand, a week later they cancel it too!

Alright, I've posted earlier I had painted that tiny chip, here is how it's in the helmet. Tiny detail many might miss, but important to me regardless.

View attachment 246037

In the meantime, I've almost finished spray coating the thigh piece with light gray. Almost, because I still want to go with one or two coats more, especially in the inner thigh area, better go thicker there as the inner thighs can rub against each other.
And I've almost finished removing paint from the other thigh piece. :3
LOL!!!! That. Is. Terrible! I mean, I laughed and stuff...but it's rather unfortunate under the circumstances.

Let me finish laughing...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! I'm sorry, but I don't feel bad at all. Onto plan C! :)

Looks good. I look forward to your weathering on that helmet. You seem to have a knack for painting. I'm patiently awaiting your painting tut as well. :)

mblackwell1002 You're free to laugh! :D
At the moment I'm laughing and crying at the same time too... not even mad anymore - I was mad when they cancelled first brand. Now? Not even mad anymore.
I just hope the Montana will be same shade of light gray... or I'm f***ed and will have to... repaint pieces to match up? I really don't want to repaint anymore...T_T
But at least I'm sure Montana will be good.
I seriously regret I didn't just go with Montana in the first place... I guess it was because I wanted to save up money and use the paints I was using earlier... V_V

The HELMET:eek::eek::eek:!!!!! Its so awesome! All the new pieces are looking AMAZING!!! I've been keeping tabs on your build on facebook, but now I really glad I visited the thread again. Also love the whole thin craft foam technique for details so much easier then trying to make them out of bondo and they look just as good! Amazing work as usual!(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back