Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_0336.JPG Can't forget these.........Nice little sticker set from each of the contributing Regiments to go w/ the armor.

If I didn't get to watch you guys wrestle around each other with your words and memes I probably wouldn't be here right now. So no complaints here. :p

Dirtdives - Let's hold off on committing your adult sized AR for a 7 year old boy. Lol. Why wouldn't your son or daughter want it for their ODST?

Yeah, let's think up some options. Then his mom will ask him which one he wants "made out of cardboard" :D
So far we've got AR, silenced Magnum and a Needler. Seems like three great options to me.

TurboCharizard is that one your needler?

I just sent her pictures of ODSTs to see if he'd be excited for that.

TurboCharizard is that one your needler?

One that I made for a kiddo last February. Not mine currently but my own design yes.

I'd be down for making a Covvie Carbine or something else goofy like that, I'm down for a challenge. If he wants a sword I might also be able to print up something, it being kid proof though is another question that I don't really have the answer to.

If I didn't get to watch you guys wrestle around each other with your words and memes I probably wouldn't be here right now. So no complaints here. :p

Dirtdives - Let's hold off on committing your adult sized AR for a 7 year old boy. Lol. Why wouldn't your son or daughter want it for their ODST?

As I said this was a very easy build.....I did it over 1 weekend's worth of time and I want to do again w/ my own modification during fabrication. So donating this one isn't an issue......I am committed for an AR donation.

And even if the kid decides he doesn’t pick an AR to go with his costume I say give it to him anyways to even just hang on his wall if you’re still willing to give it.

I mean who doesn’t want more Halo guns??

So i just have to say, he's just a random kid. He's not dying or anything, but you guys want to give him tons of stuff. I think that's awesome. Seriously taking on the mantra, "just to make one kid smile. "

I love the response he gave about what suit:
20180309_183424.png

I can of course explain when they first encounter ODSTs in H2. She also said she could "randomly" buy a new Halo game the week before we finish. Which could obviously be H3:ODST.

But, what do you all think?

WHELP! Guess I'm making another Needler for a munchkin.

3D print this time or go the XPS and Worbla route like last time? Also, does anyone have a lead on cheaper than $2.00 CAD per pink LED? Last time I used white with a diffuser that didn't work so great, and at the same time I'm not really super jazzed at $80 in LEDs alone from my normal source.

I think I paid $5 USD for 100 white LED lights... the ones i sharpied blue for my suit. Only catch is soldering the resistors on yourself.

I think I paid $5 USD for 100 white LED lights... the ones i sharpied blue for my suit. Only catch is soldering the resistors on yourself.

Welcome to the terrible Canadian Dollar and even worse Amazon.ca. Also, soldering on resistors is not a problem, I'm not sure if you're familiar with how I operate.

The task at hand:
Jorge v ODST.jpg

1. Create a costume for a child that is easy to wear and able to grow with him, solution ODST.

2. Modify the ODST to resemble Spartan Jorge, nka Young Jorge.

Here is a quick job in MS Paint by yours truly.
What do you think?
Young Jorge.jpg

And a little more time consuming, but worth it, the weapon choices:
Young Jorge wp AR.jpg Young Jorge wp Needler.jpg Young Jorge wp SMG.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back