Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one you are scaling is not the DFT one.
Yeah, I know. But they are the pdo files I could find. ArmorSmith does not accept DFT's .pdf files for scaling. :)
But the overall style should be similar so I just needed to be able to see where the differences were.

TurboCharizard ' s picture was perfect. Thanks for sharing.

The scale of the hip plates is too small. They should be big enough where it over laps the thighs.
Unless you made them smaller on purpose for Jr's mobility.

Agreed......the plates should be 1/3 the way down the thighs.......or at least 1/4

Like so:

20170924_1523501.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! This will definetly help in the planning.

One thing I'm noticing is everyone's thighs are different. I can't see turbo's, the Kitties are just tactical hardshells belted on, and I think DD's son has the best and most similar to the pep file I'm using for visual purposes. Which one is from the DFT templates?

Here is the best in game model I could find to help me position the pieces.
kzM7OW.jpg

And here is where I'm at with scaling. Almost done.
Untitled1.png

Last edited:

One thing I'm noticing is everyone's thighs are different. I can't see turbo's, the Kitties are just tactical hardshells belted on, and I think DD's son has the best and most similar to the pep file I'm using for visual purposes. Which one is from the DFT templates?

View attachment 254133

View attachment 254134

The Tactical Hard shell thighs are from the DFT templates

View attachment 254133

View attachment 254134

Yeah, mine are a cross between the MacFarlane Toys Halo 3 ODST and the Halo 3: Landfall ODST by Weta which are held on by straps around the legs and linked to the belt so they're probably not the best example for a tanky suit like Jorge's.

The scaling looks like it's going well, it must be fun to work on a model with goofy kiddo proportions that make no sense in comparison to what you're used to.

From the reference photos I've seen the signature ODST "chest" spans a little past the 'backpack-looking-straps'.
upload_2018-3-27_10-34-39.png

Do you think I have it close enough? I don't want to make it too big for him, but I do want the chest to be a little oversized so he can grow into it...

I promise I've been working on this guys! Don't lose that motivation. I've only been able to use ArmorSmith at work so the time has been limited. But, I'm close! I should be posting each builder's plan tomorrow.

Motivation... Waning... Must... Find... Rum.

EDIT 3 MINUTES LATER

We're all good!
DSC_0943.JPG

Last edited:
Here's an example of the kind of document I'll be presenting to each builder. Dimensions are in millimeters and are the widest outside points.

Scale - Helmet.png

We'll be using DFT templates, but these PDO files should be close to the same size. So if we can attempt to get the overall dimensions close then they will be scaled with the other builder's pieces. I've also included the subject's dimensions for said area. This is so our crafters can double check to be sure the little guy is gonna be able to fit (since I did not factor in the thickness of foam in scaling, only oversized for growth)

Should I include any more information?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back