Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, I like the backpack canister idea.

I agree, my goal was to make the best compromise between Jorge and ODST which is different than making an ODST look like Jorge. I debated on the helmet attachment and settled on painting the ODST stripe dark green to resemble the attachment. Anyone else have an opinion with the helmet?

Psyisawesom8503 Can you elaborate on the signature knees? To me the shin+knees look to be almost the same style.

Anyone else have an opinion with the helmet?

I like Jorge's helmet mounting point. I'm guessing in the model it's supposed to be for EOD ops and is a place to jam on another blast shield of some variety. For Jr. though we could do up a GoPro mount and his parents could have video from his point of view Halo style. If stuck for ideas there's a few on MyMiniFactory that have the rough shape. It's also dependant on if his parents have a camera like a GoPro or SJ Cam though.

Oh, I like the backpack canister idea.

I agree, my goal was to make the best compromise between Jorge and ODST which is different than making an ODST look like Jorge. I debated on the helmet attachment and settled on painting the ODST stripe dark green to resemble the attachment.

I'm not sure that the ODST chest is going to translate to a "George" character w/o the canister in the front......Perhaps the chest of the ODST and the canister in replace of the abdominal plates. It wouldn't be a big stretch to swap those 2 aspects out.

What do you mean you don't know how it will translate Dirtdives I drew up the idea so we can see what it looks like! :p

Young Jorge.jpg

The idea being to maintain the mobility aspect of ODST while drawing on Jorge elements. We can't just add every Jorge element (like most are suggesting) at that rate I'd rather just build Jorge.

Having the canister below the ODST chest I can't imagine being very aesthetic and seems cumbersome. Instead I was picturing painting the chest a metal gray like the canister and the straps yellow so it looks just like how Jorge's canister is being held.

I'm just saying it doesn't have a George look/feel to it that's all........I guess the paint will make that "transition" like you said.....

Mom showed the picture to Junior last night and he yelled Jorge! So I'd say it passed the 7 year old test. :) We can still discuss which Jorge features to include, but I'd say we are a go on having the ODST as a base. (Btw, I did provide her the link to this thread so she can watch our progress)

She did express concerns about the shoulders possibly being too bulky or top heavy for the skinny little guy. Can anyone who's made armor for mini Spartans weigh in on that? Jme

Schankerz were you picturing the canister on the back similar to where a stormtrooper canister sits?

Edit: I'll do more mock ups this week to show different variations as suggested by Leiutenant Jaku Psyisawesom8503 Dirtdives and TurboCharizard

Last edited:
I'm just saying it doesn't have a George look/feel to it that's all........I guess the paint will make that "transition" like you said.....

I think part of the issue is the lack of chunk the EOD in the ODST kit. The armour colouring is good and adding elements of the two together is probably the best we can do to make a 7 year old feel like a 7 foot tall super soldier.

I would have to agree the Jr's mother that having Jorges shoulders would make the build top heavy. A kids proportions are obviously different compared to an adults. Putting a helmet on a skinny 7 year old will give a bobble head effect. That is from my experience with my son's MKVI suit. The shoulders would have to be shrunk down and simplified so it wouldn't look so awkward.

Last edited:
As with anything, it can be tapered and cut down so that bulk isn't an issue. Here the first suit I build Irving when he was 10.......and he ran around it in for hours w/o issues. The whole thing fit in a large plastic bag which he carried.......so as I said, weight isn't an issue. Once he has it on and feels the overall weight of it, she'll understand.

IMG_6658.jpg

Scaling is going pretty well.
20180322_163815.jpg

Can someone post a straight on picture of a 100% DFT ODST? I'm not familiar with those foam files and I just want to make sure that the pieces I'm scaling are the same ones.

Front on of a modified DFT helmet. Scaling there is +5% from the adult sized helmet to fit internal fans and microphones. There is a child size as well if I remember correctly.

Worst case we print a copy and measure the circumference of the opening since it's effectively three parts making a loop and then scale from there.

It IS the DFT ODST..... but it is his second go around that your looking at. He has templates on his FB page that you can print out but need to scale separately and it's mostly a trial and error process. He didn't put it in to a PDF file.....the one you are talking about PaiganBoi, is this one:

405th18.jpg

which is the one he offers the templates for sale. The ones that TurboCharizard has the pic of is of this version.....which he even states that no sizes are given, and you have to measure it out yourself.

775722_689602811064741_1521769920_o.jpg
775722_689602811064741_1521769920_o.jpg 1102457_689604564397899_1377422240_o.jpg 1102738_689602807731408_1240390615_o.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back