Group Project - Young Jorge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t worry, I’m so irregular People can’t even include my whole person in a photo...
99CC7495-492B-406F-A2D5-55BF4E5250AB.jpeg

Almost done with the files. Just the arms and legs left.

Oh geez...I’ve forgotten the pain that is scaling helmets...

I think I have a solution for this and all other DFT templates we'll be using. If you find a PDO that is similar enough to the DFT template. Then find a facet of the model that is large and flat (hopefully a single flat foam piece from the DFT template). Scale the PDO in Pepakura to the dimensions I gave you and use the measure tool to see what that facet measures in one direction. Then keep printing out the DFT till the pattern prints the same size as the facet you measured. We can video chat this if you'd like.

Family emergency had me traveling this weekend. I'm back now and have been able to finish up most of the scaling. I'll be doing Jme pieces tomorrow.

I've updated the first post to provide all the measurements for everyone.

Last edited:
I don't see the difference. The weapons dont change size whether Spartans or ODST hold them. Do they?

Jr is 53.5% the size of Master Chief. Multiple the "in-game" length of a needler by .535 and you get 390mm. I'd think as long as your needler is that long or longer it will look good.

Dirtdives - the mom said, "As for symbols, he is a huge fan of Marvel and Star Wars, and he would recognize any of those. He really likes Capt. America."

Wanna throw some ideas at us for the chest symbol? Keep in mind it shouldn't fight too hard with the Jorge connection we're trying to make.

Edit: I'm liking the idea of Thor's hammer. It's from a marvel character, the image is strong playing in with Jorge's character and nods towards Jorges's eventual upgrade to Mjolnir armor. What do you think?

Last edited:
Dirtdives - the mom said, "As for symbols, he is a huge fan of Marvel and Star Wars, and he would recognize any of those. He really likes Capt. America."

Wanna throw some ideas at us for the chest symbol? Keep in mind it shouldn't fight too hard with the Jorge connection we're trying to make.

Edit: I'm liking the idea of Thor's hammer. It's from a marvel character, the image is strong playing in with Jorge's character and nods towards Jorges's eventual upgrade to Mjolnir armor. What do you think?

THIS KID IS AFTER MY OWN HEART

Fett's Madalorian Crest
s-l300.jpg

Gray Jedi Order
grey_jedi_by_lyco5-d892tjv.jpg

Havoc Squad
500?cb=20100824233744.png

I like your symbol ideas guys! If anyone has anymore throw them up here soon. I think we should have it as a poll!

Schankerz - Is this something like you were imagining for the canister? (ignore the clutter, I just buried the whole chest piece inside the avatar). Clasps, no clasps? Canister vertical, horizontal?
Untitled4.png

What does everyone else think?

upload_2018-4-5_15-10-25.png

I was thinking about it differently with a backpack being involved but if we’re not doing that the way you have it set up looks pretty cool. It would take quite a bit of collaboration between Dirt and I to make it fit with the clasps and the chest price though. Unless you or Turbo were able to make the clasps and attach it to the chest during final assembly.

I have foam patterns modified from the H3 DFT ones kicking around. Who doesn't want to go feet first into hell?

I'd say it's probably best to locate the 405th member that lives closest to Jr. Spartan so that they can receive all the pieces and then dump them all at once on the little guy.

Foam? It's more forgiving for shaping and fit on someone you don't have local to test fit on. It's also quicker to put together so it's not as demanding on everyone's busy schedules.
This^ Also on the factor that foam is lighter for the Jr.

Yeah, I wouldn't call Armorsmith a modeling program. It renders .pdo, .stl and .obj files around an avatar so that you can scale them properly but editing the model is restricted to modifying the imported files with translations, rotations and scaling.

All that being said, it's a fantastic program and I've used it for a bunch of projects but when it comes to scaling peps it's tops. 100

Bobanator125 welcome to the 405th! The guys are correct about ArmorSmith, that is the one with the colored armor pieces on it. All the 3d images in my first post however are from Pepakura Designer and is free. It is also not a 3d modeler, but rather it takes 3d models and "unfolds" them allowing you to make 2d templates for construction. Check out our Armory tab at the top, then click tutorials. Happy reading! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back