1st Build Halo 3 odst 3d print build.

I'd say go for the tint. If you think it's coming off too much you can always wipe it all away with a damp cloth. I tend to have to re-apply chrome to my visors every once in a while if they get too see-through.

I'd say go for the tint. If you think it's coming off too much you can always wipe it all away with a damp cloth. I tend to have to re-apply chrome to my visors every once in a while if they get too see-through.
Thanks for the advice!
I think it was your video that gave me the precaution not to just spray it haha! So thank you for that as well!

Alright, new update!
Due to how concave it is I believe it won't work with film unfornatuatly. Womp Womp.
Gotta go get me some Chrome spray.
Got any suggestions?
At the moment I'm looking at
Ultimate Mirror Chrome Aerosol Paint 3.5oz Amazon.com
From the online reviews it looks ok but are there any opinions out there?

Alright, new update!
Due to how concave it is I believe it won't work with film unfornatuatly. Womp Womp.
Gotta go get me some Chrome spray.
Got any suggestions?
At the moment I'm looking at
Ultimate Mirror Chrome Aerosol Paint 3.5oz Amazon.com
From the online reviews it looks ok but are there any opinions out there?
The SpazStix one from Amazon you have linked there will work, and is many member's go to aerosol/rattle can chrome. I have used it myself. You will not be able to get as smooth as finish or application with it, as you would with an airbrush, but, it will work and give you the desired effect.

Yes I would highly suggest using spazstix with an airbrush
Another brand that works great is this one here if you can't get your hands on spazstix
Even a cheap $30 airbrush (if you already have a compressor) will do the job great!

Allright after a couple of practice runs with the paint, I changed my hoodie!

Attachments

• 20240326_000950.jpg
    20240326_000950.jpg
    941.2 KB · Views: 71
How did you go about attaching the elbow piece to the forearm piece? I’m currently building this same set. I just think standard adhesive wouldn’t hold them well from being knocked off.

How did you go about attaching the elbow piece to the forearm piece? I’m currently building this same set. I just think standard adhesive wouldn’t hold them well from being knocked off.
I used e 6000 for all my joints.
For parts that I was concerned for past that I used a soldering iron with some of the same plastic and welded them together.
If you are using the same set as me the joint where the meet should sort of friction stick to each other when standing upright, sometimes I had to sand one of the sides until it did.

For parts that I was concerned for past that I used a soldering iron with some of the same plastic and welded them together.
If you are using the same set as me the joint where the meet should sort of friction stick to each other when standing upright, sometimes I had to sand one of the sides until it did.
Great idea! Thanks!

So I’ve got another question that might be a little in depth for this build.

I’ve scoured the forums and other places on the internet to no avail in finding one of these builds using these files. You’re the first person I’ve seen doing the Galactic Armory Rookie 3D print build. There is a huge lack of guides on how to attach all of the pieces together with some kind of rigging system.

Have you figured any type of system out on how you would be able to connect things like the chest pieces with the straps, and even the belt/cod piece/side plates on the waist? There seem to be almost no points of rigging for these pieces, without coming up with some way of gluing straps on or something.

Some of these pieces almost make me want to start over with the Aguilar Workshop suit since he has a built in rigging system.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

I’ve scoured the forums and other places on the internet to no avail in finding one of these builds using these files. You’re the first person I’ve seen doing the Galactic Armory Rookie 3D print build. There is a huge lack of guides on how to attach all of the pieces together with some kind of rigging system.

Have you figured any type of system out on how you would be able to connect things like the chest pieces with the straps, and even the belt/cod piece/side plates on the waist? There seem to be almost no points of rigging for these pieces, without coming up with some way of gluing straps on or something.

Some of these pieces almost make me want to start over with the Aguilar Workshop suit since he has a built in rigging system.

Galactic Armory has some videos showing g how they put their kit together. I’m making their ODST Rookie and will be playing with how to connect everything this weekend. My thoughts are the E6000 like Sharpfang was mentioning, and then some nylon straps and buckles to help secure things into place. It won’t be a perfect recreation of the game, but it’ll be unique to your persona.

I personally have not gotten far enough to experiment with that!
Sorry I cant give any advice in that department, work has had me beyond drained most days and my progress has kind of stalled out.
Wish I could give you some kind of advice with it!

Galactic Armory has some videos showing g how they put their kit together. I’m making their ODST Rookie and will be playing with how to connect everything this weekend. My thoughts are the E6000 like Sharpfang was mentioning, and then some nylon straps and buckles to help secure things into place. It won’t be a perfect recreation of the game, but it’ll be unique to your persona.
How did the e6000 and nylon hold up for you?
I'm currently in the process of attaching mine.
But also using a mixture of velcro for those emergency bathroom visits haha.

I think this buckle strategy only really works on flat sections, everywhere else I am going to do direct nylon.

If some smarter than I individual has any advice I would appreciate it.
I tried originally just attaching this point with e6000 but there is such small surface area here from the file that it just isn't viable so I made a soft joint.

Attachments

• 20240904_171253.jpg
    20240904_171253.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 10

I think this buckle strategy only really works on flat sections, everywhere else I am going to do direct nylon.

I tried originally just attaching this point with e6000 but there is such small surface area here from the file that it just isn't viable so I made a soft joint.
I have seen some people have a lot of success with fiberglass cloth and resin, but you have to watch out for the pokey shards. Not sure if you have experience with that.

You could also try UV jewelry resin for a quick cure or epoxy with a mesh backing.

I have seen some people have a lot of success with fiberglass cloth and resin, but you have to watch out for the pokey shards. Not sure if you have experience with that.

You could also try UV jewelry resin for a quick cure or epoxy with a mesh backing.
My wife uses that uv stuff for something called miniverse or something like that.
Not too confident on the fiberglass stuff but I would only be worried if it gets hot enough to warp pla.
But I see folks using it to smoothe outprints so, worth a shot!

It worked pretty well, overall. I’m probably going to go back and replace the nylon since I accidentally ordered thin nylon strips instead of tactical nylon webbing, but it get the job done for now.
IMG_2934.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back