Halo 3: Odst - Pepakura Armor

Status
Not open for further replies.
KillerT26 said:
hey could someone make a buck attachment in pep for rundowns helmet?

Ithica actually made molds for this piece. we got one and it was spot on. if youre interested id hit him up.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he may know already because he said by rundown and the Ithica made was for Rube's helmet. Though it could still work, never know unless ya try.

HaloFreakX said:
I think he may know already because he said by rundown and the Ithica made was for Rube's helmet. Though it could still work, never know unless ya try.

oopsy, that will teach me not to read back a few posts. but i have one and it works for my WETA-ish build AND the rookie we are building up. as long as you dont have a really really small helmet, then it should work just fine.

Goosebot 5000 said:
oopsy, that will teach me not to read back a few posts. but i have one and it works for my WETA-ish build AND the rookie we are building up. as long as you dont have a really really small helmet, then it should work just fine.

well i would like to make one rather than to buy one, i have all the materials to make one and im always bored so it would give me something to do =P lol

Hey guys, great news ... (drum-roll, please)

I'm Back!

Ok, not really that great, but I'll try to have that middle equiptment piece up ASAP (the squarish one with the ring in the center)

BWT - Progress Report on my own armor (yes, in case you all were wondering, I make armor too ...). Anyway, on vacation I scored, cut and folded (and folded flat again) one shoulder model, the final chest plate and the belt buckle. Not much, but I was sort of rushed out of the door when I was printing. Anyway, I hope to have those resined pretty soon. I'll keep you all updated.

Very glad to be back,

Shade

Ok, I haven't modified the model since it's last screenshot. Before I post the link to the file (or PM it to some unfolders) I wanna make sure it's ok. I'm looking (pleading) for some helpful criticism. Basically on the size, shape and dimensions of the model. I must have made it thinner earlier, but I had always thought that the piece was around three to four inches thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once this is up, I think that it's a wrap (or rap?) for the equiptment plates, and then onto the ... hmmm, well, I'll just keep that a surprise. Unless someone here thinks we need another one of those tiny plates I saw just below the belt buckle.

centerpiecepep2.jpg

PS - Oh, and thanks for the smiley!

Well since I only have legal paper I made the chest armor that size and I printed it out so I can put it on cardboard but it seemed small. My height is around 4.9 4.10 because I'm in 6th grade and I was wondering if it was going to be too small or just right.

Well, Stephen, it looks like showing us a picture of the piece on your chest would help us and our judgement a lot. Then we can just eyeball it and give the thumbs-up or thumbs-down ...

PS - Oh, and remember, the snapshot is with a high angle threshold. The final version should have less fold lines.

Nightshade said:
Well, Stephen, it looks like showing us a picture of the piece on your chest would help us and our judgement a lot. Then we can just eyeball it and give the thumbs-up or thumbs-down ...

Well instead of taking a picture I measured the side piece of the armor. It measures 5 and 7/16 inches.From very bottom fold to top fold. Also the piece of cardboard I want to put it on is exactly 15 inches tall and 23 3/16 inches wide and the chest piece is 2 7/16 inches wide from flap to end.

By the way, since I was about to print some more pep, is the default size for Ral Partha's unfold of the side plates really big enough? If anyone else has pepped these yet, what size did you use?

Shade

Nightshade said:
By the way, since I was about to print some more pep, is the default size for Ral Partha's unfold of the side plates really big enough? If anyone else has pepped these yet, what size did you use?

Shade

Shade also remember I printed it out on legal paper since I really don't feel like going out to find some at 9:30 PM.

Nightshade said:
Ok, I haven't modified the model since it's last screenshot. Before I post the link to the file (or PM it to some unfolders) I wanna make sure it's ok. I'm looking (pleading) for some helpful criticism. Basically on the size, shape and dimensions of the model. I must have made it thinner earlier, but I had always thought that the piece was around three to four inches thick. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Once this is up, I think that it's a wrap (or rap?) for the equiptment plates, and then onto the ... hmmm, well, I'll just keep that a surprise. Unless someone here thinks we need another one of those tiny plates I saw just below the belt buckle.

centerpiecepep2.jpg

PS - Oh, and thanks for the smiley!

:( i just pepd the Weta version but its too small so i might make this and jw when do u think the new sniper gogs will be up and ready to make or unfold

Here's the link to the goggles. Man, I thought that I had already posted that. I must have forgot. Anyway, here you go ...

Sniper Goggles .obj

By the way, I just built the chest plate (Ral Partha's unfold), and it was a little annoying because some edges just didn't match up. Anyway, that's my little update.

PS - Oh, and how does that equiptment plate look?

Nightshade said:
Here's the link to the goggles. Man, I thought that I had already posted that. I must have forgot. Anyway, here you go ...

Sniper Goggles .obj

By the way, I just built the chest plate (Ral Partha's unfold), and it was a little annoying because some edges just didn't match up. Anyway, that's my little update.

Night do you think my chest armor will fit? I posted the proportions of the side armor and the proportions of the piece of cardboard.

Nightshade said:

Shade

Yes Shade is back!!!!!

Also to your question, I'm 5'8 and IMO the sideplates are too small at default size. I think I posted a picture up earlier in this thread as to how it looked and they do look a little small. Sizing it up by like 10% might do it.

Can't wait to see your release of the middle plate, and it's great to have you back.

Nightshade said:

Sniper Goggles .obj

i thought u were goin to remodel them with the second lens i know its not on the top of the lists but im jw

v been gone for a while but WOW! This thread EXPLODED! We getting completly new people comenting! This is Great! Keep up he good work everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back