L3X's File Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lex,

I glanced through the thread and didn't find the answer to my question, so I'll take it straight to you: what thickness of cardboard are we supposed to use for your sliced weapon models? I want to make sure the CB I have is right before I start cutting it apart (my stockpile is a bit light right now...).

Lex,

I glanced through the thread and didn't find the answer to my question, so I'll take it straight to you: what thickness of cardboard are we supposed to use for your sliced weapon models? I want to make sure the CB I have is right before I start cutting it apart (my stockpile is a bit light right now...).

uh, just regular cardboard. like maybe 1/4 inch thick.

I had started making a mauler with your old file a while back, but after seeing this new beast, i think i'll just start over, the detail on it for a sliced file is just amazing. I've also been waiting on a sliced BR file for a long time as well, so its awesome that there is finally one. :D

I've been scrounging around for weeks looking for a solid foam Mark V template, thank you so very much for this, I've got my measurements and I'm excited to get started on the forearm test piece. Again thank you thank you thank you! Any plans for the "boot" section and an updated FJ/Para knee template?

I had started making a mauler with your old file a while back, but after seeing this new beast, i think i'll just start over, the detail on it for a sliced file is just amazing. I've also been waiting on a sliced BR file for a long time as well, so its awesome that there is finally one. :D

Yea, i saw your post and I was like "Dang, i really need to get the "new"(being a relative term, the model is like 3 years old :p) file out so that people can make better maulers... so i did, pretty much just for you :D And also, the sliced BR is actually really old too. Bevbor released it a long time ago, like back in 08-09 maybe.

I've been scrounging around for weeks looking for a solid foam Mark V template, thank you so very much for this, I've got my measurements and I'm excited to get started on the forearm test piece. Again thank you thank you thank you! Any plans for the "boot" section and an updated FJ/Para knee template?

Well, im testing a boot template right now, and i dont think im going to have any issues with it. Ill see about getting it and an updated knee file out soonish.

On the sliced weapons, what is the expected width of foam?

The sliced weapons aren't really meant for foam, theyre meant for cardboard. You technically could use the templates for foam, but its up to you on how you want to do it.

LADIES!!! This update is for you. Im going to try and get a Female Abs Wrap out before tomorrow night if i can find time.

Also, theres a new version of the forearm in there, courtesy of JTM1997.

HaloReachFoamArmor.png

Links are in the first post!!!!

EDIT
Sunday sunday sunday!!!!
Weapons update!!!!

L3XReachSniperRifleSmall-2.jpg

Again, links in the first post!!!!

i Love you sliced models, i have made the ma5c that you created and i love it with hopefully more to come! :D

woot

whoa awesome!
just got done building some stuff, but looks like a better forearm got released before i noticed :p

oooh and the ab piece.. anyone have any clue how to build that (and what foam would be best?)

.... L3X... this is just awesome stuff... no words can convey how truly awesome it all is... really..

First off I just wanted to say that I realy love your work.
Second I was wondering how your weapons were coming along?

one thing I have been looking for for a while, the foam templates for the halo reach male boots. any one have a copy?

Lex you have no idea how much I like that armor, to point where I am learning blender. Thank you, you just made my day.....err night. And as far as modeling I have a new found respect for all 3 d modelers.

I can't grasp how you are doing that in Sketchup... it's so... so... *blows micro chip in brain and begins twitching*.

-Seth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back