Mark V Armor Wip

Status
Not open for further replies.
TRERIBAD said:
thats gonna take some smoothin for sure

but if you got the patience, more power to ya

it is, well i know id have to smooth it but, i dont see how, i see all these people with MKVI helmets and there bumpy as $#!T but they never do smoothin and it comes out alright. though the mkv is bumpier than the MKVI

Last edited by a moderator:
It might have been a good idea to leave the visor in until after fiber glassing, to prevent warping.

While mine is the MOZ Mark V bucket, the helmet on the left had the paper visor installed until after fiber glassing, and the one on the right didn't.

DSCN1691.jpg

DSCN1690.jpg

You can see the great amount the Mark V helmet wants to dip down without the visor in place

What cadet said time a million.

The helmet will warp even when the pep is put together. The best option is to resin it with the areas in the visor in place. (the pieces that go across) start to fibreglass it on the inside, then cut it out when the helmet is nice a rigid to keep the proper shape.

I was the first person to build one using the pep files and even my helmet is distorted (too fat)

Leave the pep visor in until you have the helmet fiberglassed enough to be rigid, or leave it in through the entire fiberglassing process. Then cut out the pep visor with your dremel or other tool to make the opening for your real visor. It does not matter what pep file base the helmet is, MOZ, rundown, or any of the MK VIs or other permutation helmets, it is always a good idea to leave the pepped visor in place when fiberglassing.

Cadet said:
Leave the pep visor in until you have the helmet fiberglassed enough to be rigid, or leave it in through the entire fiberglassing process. Then cut out the pep visor with your dremel or other tool to make the opening for your real visor. It does not matter what pep file base the helmet is, MOZ, rundown, or any of the MK VIs or other permutation helmets, it is always a good idea to leave the pepped visor in place when fiberglassing.

k so leave peped visor in, got it thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back