mawrTRON's Fred 104 Build log (WIP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent build, fantastic outcome. The visor insert idea is certainly something I'll have to look into. :)

Helmet is done all. I will take som better images tonight.

Here is my process in the stages I did them.

1. Fill and sand and fill and sand
20170311_132340.jpg

2. Chopped out the back of the helmet and made the rear section out of EVA20170315_213454.jpg 20170312_213036.jpg

3. Added EVA detailing
20170317_210901.jpg

4. Sealed the helmet
20170318_153539.jpg

5.Painting
20170319_163237.jpg 20170319_190816.jpg

6. And weathering
20170321_174951.jpg

7.Visor (taped) in and Freds head is all done
20170321_213307.jpg IMG_20170321_214902_529.jpg 20170321_213321.jpg IMG_20170321_214902_529.jpg

Sorry for the brief post. Im trying to squeeze this in on my lunch break.

Ill answer any questions when I get home. I will also be taking better pictures too.

Hi all. Back again. With slightly better pics this time.
But first

Can I add a coat of PVA glue after the paint on the piece to make it smoother ?
I may do the slightest bit. But I wouldn't rely on it.

Do you have some advice to avoid brush traces ?
Theres a technique painters use called "laying off" basically while the paint is still wet you go over it again lightly in a cross hatch fashion. Maybe a tutorial on youtube

I did mention to you that I was stealing your suit right.............? Just checking.

Hahaa please don't!

Before u steal it, make sure the helmet fits your noggin.

RIP.

So I I did a test fit of the helmet with the rest of the armour last night and I am pretty happy with the scaling and things. However there is a slight peeve that I will rectify.
The morph suit I have is slightly too small and the groin area "low rides" a just a wee bit too much for my tastes.
To remedy this I have ordered another morph suit which should give me and additional 30mm lift to the crotch height.
Once it arrives Ill be making a ducttape mannequine and starting on my undersuit.

Still need to work on my poses mind you...

Theres a video on my instagram if you wanna see the suit in motion
IMG_6468.JPG
IMG_6486.JPG
IMG_6461.JPG

Looks awesome.... just needs a little touch of DMR (looks good with the magnum too tho). Excited to see what you come up with for the undersuit. I have a couple gen 2 under suit builds going as well. Thanks again for the templates I'm using them as a starting point.

Daaaaaaaaaaang that suit is amazing. Wow man, props to you. Love that detail and weathering, it looks just like the real suit.

Looks awesome.... just needs a little touch of DMR (looks good with the magnum too tho). Excited to see what you come up with for the undersuit. I have a couple gen 2 under suit builds going as well. Thanks again for the templates I'm using them as a starting point.

Yes a DMR would be nice but the suit alone is FANTASTIC!!!!! but with a DMR, it would be nicer......;).......mawrTRON quick question and sorry if I missed it in your posts......What was your method of attachment? Ab, knee, thigh......directly to the undersuit? Or a harness?

Been a while since I've checked this thread. That looks so freaking good man! You're all but ready to slay some covey bastards!

this really inspired me to redo my spartan fred costume, it came out looking good but the sizing was all fudged, i am going to redo it again and use this thread as inspiration. your awesome my friend!

Sorry for the lack of posting/necro posting.
I am still actually working on my suit.

I have fitted all the armour to the undersuit.
Over all it looks pretty good. HOWEVER, a huge part of me feels that the plain black undersuit (with the small bit of detailing it has) detracts from the suit as a whole.
I was reccomended a company called Zentai Zentai who can do custom designed undersuits.
My plan is to create a design of the undersuit WITHOUT the pieces I have already made in foam.
It will probably cost around 150 but I feel it take the suit into god tier. Esp if weathered appropriately.
Obviously will do the design all my self as vectored PDF.

Would love to know everyones opinions

Heres a pic of me and whereisdanielle all suited up.
IMG_20170429_184658_231.jpg

mawrTRON
Not sure you have seen this already? But, do think it's possible to do this with the undersuit? What I mean is to do one full front piece, instead of having to attach individual pieces together to make one piece? All the while using this guy's technique?

This is an awesome vid, I am infact implimenting the technique now on my pecs. These will fill in my arm holes. Pic below
20170503_191425.jpg

And finally I am also in the process of sizing up a 3D printed DMR. Ive never worked on a 3D print before but the build log will be here ;)
received_10212499784108072.jpeg

Will be better at posting.
<3 mawrtron

Attachments

• received_10212499784108072.jpeg
    received_10212499784108072.jpeg
    135.7 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back